Coronavirus

For tips, tricks and secrets on good health, beauty, fitness and sport join this forum.
Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Re: Coronavirus

Postby Lavanda » Sat Mar 28, 2020 12:54 pm

I've used Costakid's link and it seems all right to me but then I have a Mac that kills all invaders stone dead.

Manchesteral
Resident

Postby Manchesteral » Sat Mar 28, 2020 1:03 pm

Lavanda wrote:Peteroldracer: I would like to be sedated with numerous bottles of ‘Habla del Silencio’ my favourite red wine.

Faustino V11 at €3.25 BOTTLE WORKS FOR ME !

Paulinmalaga
Resident

Postby Paulinmalaga » Sat Mar 28, 2020 1:14 pm

Pretty map of the world but meaningless unless the figures are accurate.
I So Bella tis you

Devils Advocate
Andalucia Guru

Postby Devils Advocate » Sat Mar 28, 2020 1:18 pm

Sunk in today as Mrs had to go to the office to pick up a car load of files.....against my advice!

Seems everybody is after after changing their wills (or wanting to make one) and it's bloody hard for her doing this working from home on the phone.

Very sobering.
Property owner in Andalucia since 2002. How time flies.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Sat Mar 28, 2020 1:30 pm

Please don't shoot the messenger but I found this article Interesting:

https://www.rt.com/uk/484319-coronaviru ... ria-redux/

I am not suggesting that I agree with everything stated in this article any more than I believe other conspiracy theories but I think the situation should be viewed from all aspects and that the sentiments stated in the last paragraph are particularly valid.

Paulinmalaga
Resident

Postby Paulinmalaga » Sat Mar 28, 2020 1:39 pm

Thank you Beachcomber, yes it a very interesting take on the situation which gives much food for thought. I am pretty darn sure you won't get any flack for posting it :wink:
I So Bella tis you

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Sat Mar 28, 2020 1:42 pm

That's interesting Beach. I must say when it first started I did think that maybe it has been very much hyped up by TV/newspaper media and social media. However, when you now see the state of the hospitals and staff, I do think it is an epidemic that needs to be taken seriously.

Maybe, overall, the numbers will not exceed normal winter flu deaths I don't know, but it's the fact that it's all happened at once and causes such respiratory problems. Whether lifestyles today/pollution etc have made people more susceptible to it I don't know, although air quality was not great in the Spanish flu era of coal fires, steam trains and industry which equally could have contributed to the high numbers of deaths. I still find it unbelievable that the world now seems to have ground to a halt and it's hard to comprehend what has happened over the past few weeks.

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Sat Mar 28, 2020 2:08 pm

We will have to wait and see how it pans out. The difference in the response from the USA to China might give us a clue.

On a lighter note. Taking the rubbish out is now seen as one of the highlights of the day and the whole household is fighting over who should do it. How things change.

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Sat Mar 28, 2020 2:09 pm

Beachcomber wrote:Costakid, does that link to an interactive map and can you confirm its validity from a malware/virus (computer) perspective?
Looks OK to me and my Windows system based malware etc checkers.
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Sat Mar 28, 2020 2:10 pm

At 832 deaths in one day, and these only attributable to Covid19 if the victim had been previously tested and confirmed, I cannot see there has been any exaggeration of the severity.
Unlike the lies about weapons of mass destruction these figures are confirmed from different districts using various sources ( hospitals, town halls, EMU etc) so would be nigh on impossible to fabricate.
IMHO any message that could cause dilution on the lockdown is harmful.
There are aspects of the new laws that I do not agree with - for example I do not see what harm it does if one person drives 5 or 10 kms to be able to do a complete shop rather than shorter trips to several nearer shops, with increased exposure to staff, but believe this is all about making the difficult job of the police a little easier.
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Sat Mar 28, 2020 2:17 pm

I agree with most of that Peter but I understand why it's only local shopping as many abuse the rules and use it as an excuse.
Better strict clear simple rules that everyone understands than ones with exceptions and nuance, which some don't understand well and others just exploit

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Sat Mar 28, 2020 2:44 pm

I cannot get everything I want from the first supermarket I come to on the Costa so will have to go another km to Mercadona next week where I can get everything I need in one go. I cannot see how that should be a problem. I did hear something on the radio about not to keep going out daily for small amounts, and the police could ask to see that you've got a full bag of shopping. There are some shops like Russells on Torrox Costa though where you would perhaps only buy a few odd items. The other week I did Lidl and Russells in one trip so I could show a bootfull of food!

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Sat Mar 28, 2020 3:06 pm

I'm used to doing one large shop a week because the nearest Supermarket is 10 miles away. It's not hard to plan a weeks shopping list so those people who shop daily could easily change their routine if they put their mind to it. Supermarkets tend to have their stock delivered after closing time and they fill their shelves overnight so if you want to be able to get most things on your list get out early because by the end of the day there is less on the shelves.

olive
Andalucia Guru

Postby olive » Sat Mar 28, 2020 3:14 pm

I have been limiting exposure to one corner shop and just getting stuff to get by for a week. I certainly wouldnt do several supermarkets nice though it might be. In fact it is less than ideal. Why take the risk?

Devils Advocate
Andalucia Guru

Postby Devils Advocate » Sat Mar 28, 2020 3:17 pm

Over here it's shopping for essentials that's the advice, not trawling every shop to get your Foie Gras and Beetroot with poppy seed preserve no matter what it takes.
However it looks like not many heed this.

Same as the exercise thing, nice to see the Spanish authorities clamping down on the beach bums, we need more policing like that here.

Lancashire moors ablaze yesterday after some low life decided a bbq was a good idea and our road and local lanes are crammed with idiots driving here to take their "exercise"........I'm hoping we bring in the "1 mile from home" rule now.......never seen our area as packed as it is now with joggers, walkers and ramblers, never seen any of them before. We thought we were lucky living where we do but it'd be less crowed in the city centre now!! Oh and none of them know what 2 metres is as well.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Sat Mar 28, 2020 3:33 pm

We always have a shopping list on the go for Lidl and another one for Mercadona and alternate week on week. We usually only do one big shop but occasionally have to call into a different one, Dia or Aldi, to get odd things we cannot usually get from the others. I will only go to one supermarket on my trip out next week where I can get everything I need.

I like my food and cooking, and my dinner is the highlight of my day at the moment :oops: and I am managing to keep my usual store cupboard stocked up just in case we fall ill and cannot go out. Thankfully here there are no food shortages and the shops are fully stocked and very civilised, unlike what I hear from my FIL in the UK where he is still having difficulty sourcing what he needs. MY SIL who is staying with him has been ordering from here https://www.dukeshillham.co.uk/ .... the food is delicious but a bit pricey for us :crazy:

Devils Advocate
Andalucia Guru

Postby Devils Advocate » Sat Mar 28, 2020 3:43 pm

Fully stocked now in all supermarkets here. However the drastic social distancing measures outside make the queues look daunting with the One in One out/Disinfect the trolley rules.

Even our online order arrived 100% complete yesterday, including hand wash and things that were just not available when this started, unlike a week a go. Seems all countries have followed this pattern of bare shelves then back to (almost) normal.

At the end of the day there never was a food and supply shortage, just silly, greedy, ignorant people doing what they do best.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Sat Mar 28, 2020 3:54 pm

Did anyone else watch Telediario at lunchtime today? I am sure they said that the reported deaths in Spain are all deaths that are occurring on a daily basis not just deaths directly attributable to Covid 19.

If anyone who saw the programme can confirm or contradict this it would be greatly appreciated.

Devils Advocate
Andalucia Guru

Postby Devils Advocate » Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:02 pm

Beachcomber wrote:
If anyone who saw the programme can confirm or contradict this it would be greatly appreciated.
I hope someone answers this. I'm in a conversation about a similar thing right now.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:13 pm

Paulinmalaga wrote:Thank you Beachcomber, yes it a very interesting take on the situation which gives much food for thought. I am pretty darn sure you won't get any flack for posting it :wink:
Hmmm imagine if I had posted that :lolno: :lolno: