Coronavirus

For tips, tricks and secrets on good health, beauty, fitness and sport join this forum.
olive
Andalucia Guru

Re: Coronavirus

Postby olive » Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:58 am

Good post.

Add to that having to have an app which no doubt also requires you to enable "share location" and you very quickly have a two tier society. Those that have had it and have it and the lepers that haven't and don't have it. It being micro chip/app/get out of jail free card.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:23 am

I believe hydroxychloroquine is out of patent so no big money to be made from it. Maybe that's why drug companies etc, backed up by the MSM, are trying to play down its effectiveness and rubbish the findings of Didier Raoult because he is not playing their sick money-making game:

https://techstartups.com/2020/04/06/fre ... cess-rate/

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:44 am

Exactly. I’ve just written the same observation on another thread in the DT. At the end of the day it always comes down to who can make money. That’s the real virus in the world.

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:11 am

This is conspiracy stuff. As none of us are experts, we should not be offering our opinions on something we know very little about.

I've read The NHS are testing it on volunteers and have been for few weeks amongst other trials.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/heal ... 61671.html

https://www.france24.com/en/20200409-ma ... d-by-trump

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:49 am

:shock: ... but Mark, we always give opinions on things we know very little about and half the ‘problem’ is that things are not discussed openly as those who do not like what is being discussed dismiss it as conspiracy stuff. It’s hard to sort out the truth from lies.

olive
Andalucia Guru

Postby olive » Mon Apr 13, 2020 11:10 am

At the moment we are all happy ( I guess ) to be holed up safe and sound perhaps with a depleted food cupboard.

There will come a time though when some will be able to move without let and hindrance because they have the highly desired chip/app/papers/card that says they are safe (immune/vaccinated). The rest of folk will then be clammering to get the necessary to be able to function. Among other things there will be a black market in testing kits, travel papers and permits.

Just my thoughts.

A fact is that Von der Leyen anticipates over 70's being locked down across Europe until end of 2020.

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Mon Apr 13, 2020 11:20 am

'Over 70' is not old and there are many people over 70 who are fitter and more healthy than people who are 50, for example.

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Mon Apr 13, 2020 11:26 am

You can't have it both ways
Either the NHS are having trials or there is a conspiracy to block hydroxychloroquine.
I don't need to be an expert to know that all drugs need to go thorough testing before it can be used on the general public.

I am not discounting it but I am not going to base my opinion on an article I read in RT. I have read various articles from different publications and the general consensus is there is a still lack of clinical evidence.

marios
Resident

Postby marios » Mon Apr 13, 2020 11:29 am

Apologies if this has been posted, my daughter sent me this-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... HMyazPY24A

A real eye opener.

I personally know my daughters friends husband once they got him stable is on anti Malaria drug

Paulinmalaga
Resident

Postby Paulinmalaga » Mon Apr 13, 2020 11:51 am

TOTALLY FAKE....he's not even a Doctor. Not even his real name. See real name in FB link

https://www.reddit.com/r/Moronavirus/co ... _terrible/
https://www.facebook.com/drericnepute/?rc=p
I So Bella tis you

marios
Resident

Postby marios » Mon Apr 13, 2020 11:58 am

Can't trust anything you find, society is f****d with all this fake crap.

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Mon Apr 13, 2020 12:03 pm

Absolutely Correct,
Fake news and I think the you tube link should be taken down.

It's like saying I have been drinking nothing but Diet Coke for the last 4 weeks so that's the reason I don't have the Virus. The fact I have been in isolation and washed my hands after I go into any communal area has nothing to do with it.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Mon Apr 13, 2020 12:24 pm

Ha, ha. Reddit and Fakebook. Two of the most truthful and trusted organisations on the whole of the internet.

Paulinmalaga
Resident

Postby Paulinmalaga » Mon Apr 13, 2020 12:35 pm

Ha ha but in this instance have served in exposing a FAKE and dangerously misleading Youtube video.
I So Bella tis you

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Mon Apr 13, 2020 12:37 pm

There is a serious point though. A.com or any responsible information outlet should not be publishing unfounded cures.
Social distancing and washing your hands are the experts views on how to avoid this.

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:02 pm

... but Mark, ALL cures are unfounded until they are not.

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:16 pm

That is my point, isn't it?

But they are not exposed to the general public until they are.

Are you going to test his snake oil cure?

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:45 pm

I hardly think that linking to an article which states that the NHS is using hydroxychloroquine can be considered to be 'publishing unfounded cures' and as far as 'all drugs need to go thorough (sic) testing before it can be used on the general public' is concerned this particular drug has been around since 1934 so any side effects and interactions will be well known whatever malady it is used for.

And, yes, if the alternative was dying I would certainly be willing to take this 'snake oil cure'.

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:49 pm

Agree, completely, Beachcomber.
Are you going to test his snake oil cure?
If I have to have a few G&Ts a day to get my quinine intake, it will be tough, but I'll do it. :D
But they are not exposed to the general public until they are.
They certainly are. I remember Thalidomide but you are younger than I am. Any vaccine will have to be tested and how long should we wait to see what the results are going to be? Five minutes? Anyway, this Covid-19 is a virus that changes and mutates. There are already three identified and separate strains. Currently, every year, the over 60s can have flu-jabs. Some people swear it keeps them healthy, other people, like my Mum, are so ill with flu anyway they simply stop having the flu jab. I've never had one and nor has my 75 year old OH, either. We can't work out the benefit of pumping last year's flu bugs into an otherwise healthy body.

Maybe the answer is that we accept that some things will kill us and maybe we should all work on developing and keeping a healthy immune system which will help us fight off bugs and viruses. maybe. I don't know any more than anyone else but logic tells me this virus, or rather, these three viruses, are not going away so easily. China has just recorded the first 100 new cases since the country has gone back to work but claims they are all 'imported' from Russia. Maybe if China had, openly and transparently, told the world WHAT the virus was and where it had come from and all that factual stuff none of these insane conspiracy theories would be making the rounds getting people even more stressed than they already are.

marios
Resident

Postby marios » Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:55 pm

Paulinmalaga wrote:TOTALLY FAKE....he's not even a Doctor. Not even his real name. See real name in FB link

https://www.reddit.com/r/Moronavirus/co ... _terrible/
https://www.facebook.com/drericnepute/?rc=p
He is a doctor. But only a chiropractor. And he never claimed that was his name. Apparently the person who posted the video put a different one by mistake I think. On other videos it’s posted with his real name Eric Nepute.

According to my daughter