Coronavirus

For tips, tricks and secrets on good health, beauty, fitness and sport join this forum.
katy
Andalucia Guru

Re: Coronavirus

Postby katy » Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:55 pm

Mark there was a lengthy item on SKY last week about the amount of fake Doctors and nurses on social media since the virus. What was even stranger was people on Facebook innocently endorsing them by saying they knew them personally when they just wanted 2 mins of fame. Problem is with fake news the correction never goes as viral.
I think the world is going backwards with the anti vaccine brigades. I worked at UNICEF in the Congo and the Doctors and Nurses had an awful time doing vacs from village to village. Many of them were beat up. Was mainly ignorance and religious reasons. Can't excuse that in the developed countries. Measles has returned and now more Polio cases.

I reckon there are probably more deaths in the world caused by anti vaccionists that by coronavirus. A review of some countries here, including Russia.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-48585036

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:07 pm

A Chiropractor is not a medical Doctor, it is listed alternative medicine. Was mentioned in a recent court case when one was charged with manslaughter for snapping a persons spine.

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:08 pm

Beachcomber wrote:I hardly think that linking to an article which states that the NHS is using hydroxychloroquine can be considered to be 'publishing unfounded cures' and as far as 'all drugs need to go thorough (sic) testing before it can be used on the general public' is concerned this particular drug has been around since 1934 so any side effects and interactions will be well known whatever malady it is used for.

And, yes, if the alternative was dying I would certainly be willing to take this 'snake oil cure'.
We are not talking about your article.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:15 pm

Oh well, I am totally confused! I will just carry on taking the 'snake oil' and reading the 'conspiracy theories' in the non-MSM and leave you all to get on with it.

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:25 pm

Lavanda wrote:Agree, completely, Beachcomber.
Are you going to test his snake oil cure?
If I have to have a few G&Ts a day to get my quinine intake, it will be tough, but I'll do it. :D
It doesn't help when someone doesn't think things through.

To test it you would need to drink it then expose yourself to the virus to see if it does what the fake doctor with the fake name claims.

But you have already made the claim that some people in their seventies are fitter than those in their fifties, which is probably true but as most older people aren't, it is an irrelevant argument.

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:36 pm

I'm confused, as well, Beachcomber. Must be all the G&Ts.

Devils Advocate
Andalucia Guru

Postby Devils Advocate » Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:40 pm

Confused here too, I don't know who's arguing what. I just know that if someone else other than Trump put this drug forward as a possible stop gap/cure it'd be received with open arms.

I'm no medic but the drug has been used before and the side effects must be known so what's to lose?

Times aren't normal and I think the usual lengthy tests for any vaccine will be fast tracked.
Property owner in Andalucia since 2002. How time flies.

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:43 pm

This is the post we are talking about.
There is a link to a quack doctor as well which I haven't reposted.
marios wrote:Apologies if this has been posted, my daughter sent me this-

A real eye opener.

I personally know my daughters friends husband once they got him stable is on anti Malaria drug
Beachcomber's post was informative and was being discussed. My conspiracy theory was about its suppression because as far as I can see, it is being tested. There are questions regarding his methods for testing, Nobody could deny that every angled must be looked at seriously.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Mon Apr 13, 2020 3:42 pm

Devils Advocate wrote:Confused here too, I don't know who's arguing what. I just know that if someone else other than Trump put this drug forward as a possible stop gap/cure it'd be received with open arms.

I'm no medic but the drug has been used before and the side effects must be known so what's to lose?

Times aren't normal and I think the usual lengthy tests for any vaccine will be fast tracked.
I think we are all off on differing aspects. I thought we had moved on to the anti vaccine movement and fake news. Agree about Trump though, can’t do reight for being wrong :wink:

olive
Andalucia Guru

Postby olive » Mon Apr 13, 2020 4:39 pm

https://www.euronews.com/2020/04/11/fir ... rmation-is

Interesting item.

I am not a fan of G and T but could take it as a shot with a nice glass of wine.

Lyric
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lyric » Mon Apr 13, 2020 4:50 pm

Somebody posted a link to a CAB article which listed what could be open. I just cannot find it Help please.

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Tue Apr 14, 2020 7:07 am

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/0 ... s-accused/

Thank goodness my parents are not in a 'care' home. It seems that the shocking and disgusting neglect of elderly people is an international scandal. Who would have thought it?

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Tue Apr 14, 2020 10:07 am

I agree Lavanda but i am disgusted at the failings of this government, they have and still are failing on testing. We know that the residents in care homes are all vulnerable people, more reason why the people working in them should be tested...

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Tue Apr 14, 2020 10:20 am

I would say Governments. A lengthy report in the Guardian yesterday, mentioned 5 European countries. Same in all of them.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/ ... u-suggests

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Tue Apr 14, 2020 10:31 am

There was an interview today with a woman whose Mother caught the virus in hospital. Very sad but being realistic she would have died anyway. 62 she was being treated for lung cancer and had been in intensive care since January 29. Had various issues sepsis etc when she caught coronavirus it was decided eventually to withdraw treatment. But hey let’s blame the “government”

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Tue Apr 14, 2020 11:05 am

Are barbers open in Spain? Fed up of OH moaning about needing a haircut. I have offered to do it or suggested he get a pony tail.

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Tue Apr 14, 2020 11:17 am

Mobile hairdressers only so far. Just order one of those trimmers from Amazon, number 3 (or 2 if you are brave enough!) all over. It will have grown back by the time he is allowed out in public anyway...
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Tue Apr 14, 2020 11:19 am

Mobile hairdressers, are you sure about that?

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Tue Apr 14, 2020 11:38 am

I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

olive
Andalucia Guru

Postby olive » Tue Apr 14, 2020 11:49 am

Good post :thumbup: