Coronavirus

For tips, tricks and secrets on good health, beauty, fitness and sport join this forum.
Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Re: Coronavirus

Postby Wicksey » Wed Apr 29, 2020 2:51 pm

So the fact that we have been moved to the sister company means that we don't get the offer of a discount :( . Endesa/whatever aren't my favourite company at the best of times :evil:

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99, cartama campo since 2022

Postby spanish_lad » Wed Apr 29, 2020 3:14 pm

gerryh wrote:On the other hand, why didn't they just apply the discount without the customer requesting the discount?
Gerry Gerry... You should know by now that when someone or a company in Spain wants money then its the end of the world if its one second late.. But if they have to give money to someone else then they will make it as hard as possible :lolno:
Alhaurin el Grande since 99, working at the airport since 2011.

gruff
Resident

Postby gruff » Wed Apr 29, 2020 4:03 pm

Umm, like Wicksey I cannot log in to the Endessa site.

gruff
Resident

Postby gruff » Thu Apr 30, 2020 7:50 am

In my village, Iznate, a lovely lady, Lisa Towler, is making good use of her isolation. She has started a GoFundMe fundraiser to help the poorer people of the village manage the problems the virus is causing. So far the “Covid 19 fund Iznate pueblo” stands at over 1000 euros! Some of the money is being used for food vouchers for the village shop which are being distributed over the next few days. I’m sure you will all join me in saying “Well done Lisa!”

country boy
Andalucia Guru

Postby country boy » Thu Apr 30, 2020 10:07 am

Regarding the Endesa site;

They are now EnergiaXX1

https://www.energiaxxi.com/

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Thu Apr 30, 2020 10:38 am

I accessed Endesa via:-
https://www.endesa.com/en for my 15% discount.
I can access my account via:-
https://www.energiaxxi.com/ but this way doesn't give me the option for the 15% discount.
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Thu Apr 30, 2020 1:07 pm

Gerry it won't let me access the Endesa site at all. A message comes up saying that as I am a client of EnergiaXXI and I can only access that, which as you say, does not have the 15% discount option.

Just been out to do some chores. Very busy everywhere, I guess due to the upcoming bank holiday weekend. On the way home I was stopped at a police check for the first time (and there were cameras filming me too .... maybe local TV?). He was only interested in seeing my driving licence and residencia. I carry my very old photo residencia card which has always been accepted as photo ID up to now so is very useful. Unfortunately the policeman took it off me as it's over 10 years out of date and told me I must now carry my original green residencia card.

Luckily he was OK about it, but I'm a bit miffed I've lost my old card. Now I shall have to carry my driving licence in my handbag as photo ID, which I don't usually do. It's made us think a bit more about making sure we have our ID on us as we often swop cars and we keep our licences in our own car. Luckily I was in my own car today! I try not to carry everything on my person in case I lose my handbag and my OH rarely carries anything much, so we shall be more careful in future. I think they're trying to catch anyone coming down to their second homes today. I usually go out mid afternoon when it's really quiet and I never see any police.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Thu Apr 30, 2020 1:49 pm

The best combination is a driving licence (which proves who you are) and the green card/form (which proves where you live ) which is exactly what he asked for.

Sid

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Thu Apr 30, 2020 2:04 pm

Yes I realise that now Sid. It was only the other week that I actually looked at the driving licence and saw that my address wasn't on it. At least I wasn't fined!

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Thu Apr 30, 2020 2:23 pm

Lucky he didnt want your passport. We just got copies stamped at the notary. You can hardly make out the print on my residencia and the address is slighty wrong on it anyway. Copy of padron does instead

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Thu Apr 30, 2020 2:33 pm

Deaths drop to 268 and the press conference tonight at 18.00 will announce the times different age groups can go out from saturday

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Thu Apr 30, 2020 2:49 pm

elusive wrote:Lucky he didnt want your passport. We just got copies stamped at the notary. You can hardly make out the print on my residencia and the address is slighty wrong on it anyway. Copy of padron does instead
The policeman was quite clear that it had to be the green residencia card, and the original, not a copy. Hopefully in time we'll be able to change to the TIE card which is photo ID and so much better than the little piece of paper.

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Thu Apr 30, 2020 2:51 pm

From what I have heard people over 65 cannot go out until Monday
Here is a little thing to help with keeping within the 1km radius to have on your phone
https://2kmfromhome.com/fr/index.html

I can go up to 1 street from the beach so I will miss out there because I suspect it will be one of the places where there are more checks

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Thu Apr 30, 2020 3:16 pm

Lets hope he stopped a few non resident residents wicksey!

Sounds like fake news mark. all the reports ive seen include opinions from the various areas about setting timetables ie adults oaps 9-2 kids 4-9 no ones suggested no OAPs till later from what ive read?

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Thu Apr 30, 2020 3:35 pm

I've just read this saying that Spanish nationals and people with residencia will not be allowed to do international travel until October.

https://www.abc.es/economia/abci-gobier ... nqQih3EbHI

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Thu Apr 30, 2020 5:14 pm

So i presume its goes the other way with no non residents etc allowed in until then? No flights at all?

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Thu Apr 30, 2020 5:47 pm

From el pais live update

The time slots for walks and physical activity :
Between 6 and 10 in the morning and between 20:00 and 23:00, for individual physical (sports) activity and walks with a partner.

Between 10.00 and 12.00 and 19.00 and 20.00 for walks with dependent people who need to go out accompanied by a caregiver and over 70's

Between 12.00 and 19.00 children can walk with an adult, thus restricting the walking time for children under 14 years of age. Therefore, the hours in which they can go out are cut, since until now they could do so from nine in the morning to nine at night.

Municipalities with less than 5,000 inhabitants do not apply time slots. These activities can be done from 6:00 to 23:00. "There is no risk of crowds"

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Thu Apr 30, 2020 6:25 pm

“ Between 10.00 and 12.00 and 19.00 and 20.00 for walks......... over 70's”
Blimey! I would have to start getting up much earlier!
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Thu Apr 30, 2020 6:47 pm

I agree. Not much time given. So do you have to do your shopping during that time or is that seperate

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Thu Apr 30, 2020 6:59 pm

"In municipalities with fewer than 5,000 residents, these time frames will not apply, and all activities may be conducted between 6am and 11pm, as “there is no risk of crowding,”"
How is a municipality defined?
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris