Coronavirus

For tips, tricks and secrets on good health, beauty, fitness and sport join this forum.
El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Re: Coronavirus

Postby El Cid » Thu Apr 30, 2020 7:30 pm

It has a town hall and a Mayor as far as I know.

Sid

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Thu Apr 30, 2020 7:38 pm

No time limits given yet for adult walking. Minister said all the minor details will be listed.

Never thought I'd be thankful for all those who dont bother signing on the padron :lol: :shh:

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:29 pm

I understand it like this. Doing sport anywhere within your town or municipality.. Going for a walk for a maximum of 1 hour and you must stay within a KM of your house. One or both activities. are allowed

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Thu Apr 30, 2020 9:43 pm

Just had a look on Amazon Prime...first film on the list? "VIRUS" :-)
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Thu Apr 30, 2020 10:00 pm

markwilding wrote:I understand it like this. Doing sport anywhere within your town or municipality.. Going for a walk for a maximum of 1 hour and you must stay within a KM of your house. One or both activities. are allowed
Walking can be with your partner if you live together, exercise must be alone.
Noticeable today that Mercadona was crowded, lots of standing around chatting, couples shopping, kids everywhere...it will be a miracle if there is not a flare up, especially with the influx of Madrigueños.

Evelyn
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Evelyn » Thu Apr 30, 2020 10:26 pm

Reports of tail backs on the motorways from Madrid and Seville......what is the matter with some people.?

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Thu Apr 30, 2020 10:43 pm

They won’t get far. There are roadblocks at the entrance to most coastal towns.

Sid

rafiki
Resident

Postby rafiki » Fri May 01, 2020 6:50 am

markwilding wrote:I understand it like this. Doing sport anywhere within your town or municipality.. Going for a walk for a maximum of 1 hour and you must stay within a KM of your house. One or both activities. are allowed
Do you read it as sport being limited to one hour or as long as it take within a time slot and within the municipality?
Brian.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Fri May 01, 2020 9:36 am

The goverment is trying to hard. even singular articles i read contridicte themselves interms of times and distances etc. They are tieing themselve in knots with all these different rules which will be impossible to police

For eg what if 3 adult family members share a house. Can only 2 go for a walk together?

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Fri May 01, 2020 10:07 am

Evelyn wrote:Reports of tail backs on the motorways from Madrid and Seville......what is the matter with some people.?
According to the police the tailbacks were due to the fact that roadblocks had been set up to stop everyone. It seemed to say that there was not much more traffic than normal. I found a report shown on LA1 that came from 'my' road block in Torrox. It showed various live reports from around the country as police are being extra vigilant for the long weekend.

POR I also noticed how busy it was yesterday. A lot of traffic about, although I didn't go into a supermarket, but it almost looked like a normal day. Lidl's car park was completely full when I went past yesterday morning.

Not being over 65 our walking time slots are 6-10am and 8-11pm, so mostly in the dark, and before I even get up in the mornings :shock: :lol: However, in the campo there are normally no other people on foot so we may stray from those hours a bit. It's meant to stop crowding so I would imagine it will be enforced more in places like the paseo which will be popular and potentially busy.

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Fri May 01, 2020 10:09 am

peteroldracer wrote: Noticeable today that Mercadona was crowded, lots of standing around chatting, couples shopping, kids everywhere...it will be a miracle if there is not a flare up, especially with the influx of Madrigueños.
Why was Mercadona crowded Peter? Are they not monitoring how many enter the Suppermarket?

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Fri May 01, 2020 10:18 am

Lavanda wrote:I've just read this saying that Spanish nationals and people with residencia will not be allowed to do international travel until October.

https://www.abc.es/economia/abci-gobier ... nqQih3EbHI
I read it says that people cannot arrive here until the autumn, and later seems to say that it is two way. Looks like my autumn trip to Portugal may be off as well then :?

Las restricciones a la llegada de turistas internacionales a España se extenderán hasta el mes de octubre. Es la previsión que maneja el Gobierno, que ayer aprobó en el Consejo de Ministros un calendario que mantiene las restricciones a la movilidad y el cierre de fronteras hasta bien entrado el otoño.

The restrictions on the arrival of international tourists to Spain will last until October. It is the forecast handled by the Government, which yesterday approved in the Council of Ministers a calendar that maintains restrictions on mobility and the closure of borders until well into autumn

Manchesteral
Resident

Postby Manchesteral » Fri May 01, 2020 10:24 am

I know there are a number of posts here regarding this question but I have still to fugure out the answer: I'm a 69 year old male, living alone and observing lockdown, Can I go out for a walk alone or not, can I go out for a walk with a friend who lives in an adjacent building ??

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Fri May 01, 2020 10:52 am

You can only go for a walk with someone you live with

Manchesteral
Resident

Postby Manchesteral » Fri May 01, 2020 10:57 am

elusive wrote:You can only go for a walk with someone you live with
But not alone ?

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Fri May 01, 2020 11:10 am

markwilding wrote:
rafiki wrote:
Do you read it as sport being limited to one hour or as long as it take within a time slot and within the municipality?
This is where I got my information from
https://english.elpais.com/spanish_news ... ivity.html
Manchesteral wrote:
elusive wrote:You can only go for a walk with someone you live with
But not alone ?
Only people who reside in the same house can go out together, As you are living alone, you have to go for your walk alone

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Fri May 01, 2020 11:14 am

:lol: Although it is all very complicated I think that the Spanish government, after an almost disastrous start, has done really well, so far. I will not be knocking Sanchez over how he has handled things as, compared with other countries, he has not done worse.

As for the avalanche of rules about going 'out' I live in a pueblo of 1,800 people so the rules do not apply to us. However, our Alcaldesa makes up her own rules which are pretty strict. We can go out in unlimited groups of people who live in the same house and have been isolating together. There are also morning and evening timetables but not based on age. It's based on where you live in the village. Not everyone will be 'out' at once.

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Fri May 01, 2020 11:17 am

Yes you can go alone. You can do an hour's exercise solo - cycling, jogging etc - anywhere within your municipaliity (assuming it is 5000+ people), and one walk of an hour (in your age time-slot) within 1km of your house. With permitted shopping, pharmacy trip, daily newspaper, going to takeaway....you can put yourself at as much risk as you dare. Maybe this is why suddenly there are people everywhere? I have suspicions that those who have been here locked down for 7 weeks will be used to behaving, so who are these people behaving as if there was no problem?
On a general point we should be grateful we do not live in the States or worse Brazil.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Fri May 01, 2020 11:25 am

This is from Sur:

"Adults can go out for a walk once a day and they must stay within a one-kilometre radius of their homes. The regulations published in the BOE on Friday clarified that there is no limit of one hour for the length of walks, as suggested on Thursday, as long as the time slots mentioned above are adhered to."

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Fri May 01, 2020 11:34 am

Still can't understand why Peter said Mercadona was crowded given that Spain has so many restrictions in place, lot's of standing around and people chatting, kids everywhere, anyone know why?