Coronavirus

For tips, tricks and secrets on good health, beauty, fitness and sport join this forum.
elusive
Andalucia Guru

Re: Coronavirus

Postby elusive » Sat May 02, 2020 11:32 am

Manchesteral wrote:
Manchesteral wrote:
Wicksey wrote:Those of us under 70 and without kids have got a bit of a bum deal. Our hours are mostly in the dark or when we are asleep.

https://www.euroweeklynews.com/2020/05/ ... a-del-sol/

I'm 69 and living alone, if I understand it correctly I can go out between 19-20.00, am I right ? or is that 20-23.00 ? the dedicated slots are pretty confusing !
6-10 and 20.00-23-00

Presuming you live somewhere with a pop of more than 5 k

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Sat May 02, 2020 11:37 am

Wicksey wrote:Those of us under 70 and without kids have got a bit of a bum deal. Our hours are mostly in the dark or when we are asleep.

https://www.euroweeklynews.com/2020/05/ ... a-del-sol/
I agree. If i didnt live somewhere with a pop under 5k i wouldnt bother and would just stick to walking up to the village shop during the day to buy anything as its about 1 k to it anyway. Adults with no kids should have the same time frame as one adult and their kids.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Sat May 02, 2020 11:55 am

peteroldracer wrote:“ The timing rules apply to busy and more populated areas, so I think we should be able to...”
The timing rules apply to all parts of Spain, and saying “we should be able to” cuts no ice with the law, if they apply it fairly and evenly. I have always thought we should be able to drive to the shops as a couple, as long as only one does the shopping, but for whatever reason that is not the law, so I do not do it!
Our municipality has over 5k but where we live is 1.5km from the pueblo and in an isolated area. Our nearest occupied house is 500m away and occupied properties are few and far between. So in the campo, as Lyric says, in theory we should be allowed out at other hours, preferably daylight ones and hours when I am not usually in bed :crazy:

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Sat May 02, 2020 12:19 pm

What is the exact definition of a municipality?
Sid suggested a town with a town hall and a mayor.
I live in the area covered by Velez Malaga town hall but I live in the campo with only 20 or so people living within a few hundred metres of my house.
The nearest village, about 1.5K away, has a population of 636 people.
So am I allowed to go for a walk anytime?
My wife and I have been taking our dog for a short walk, we are all old and decrepit, twice a day for a few weeks now.
Rarely ever see anybody else.
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Sat May 02, 2020 12:51 pm

Endesa 15% Discount

I think I have found out why I can get the discount and some of you can't.

You have to be billed by Endesa and not Energia XXI.

I know Endesa owns Energia XXI and some people, but not me, had their accounts switched Endesa to Energia XXI for some unknown reason.

If you are still billed by Endesa then follow the link:- https://www.endesa.com/en/advice/endesa ... -your-side and you will be directed to the Endesa site, were can get the discount.

If you are billed by Energia XXI then you can't get the discount.
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Sat May 02, 2020 1:00 pm

Re Endesa/Energia that was the conclusion I came to Gerry.

As for 'municipality', I live in the Torrox municipality with a population of over 16k but the area I live in is campo and mostly uninhabited. I think it also covers El Morche which is a much smaller town than Torrox pueblo or Costa, but whether that counts as a separate area for walking purposes, who knows.

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Sat May 02, 2020 1:08 pm

All land is in one municipality or another. The size of the town or village is one thing but some places that are small have a lot of campo land around the village which forms part of the municipality. We are in the municipality of the village 1.5km away.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Sat May 02, 2020 1:10 pm

Looks like a spanish neighbour bit of a big wig has gone off for the weekend to his summer/other family home. House been shut up since yesterday.and brits in the street taking themselves off in the car shopping in two's

Miro
Andalucia Guru

Postby Miro » Sat May 02, 2020 1:39 pm

I'm finding all the discussion about who/what/where you are allowed out very interesting. From what I gather here and from talking to friends/former neighbours in Torremolinos, the lockdown in Spain has been far stricter than here in the UK. I live in a town of roughly the same size as Torremolinos (around 90,000 I think). I went out on foot a couple of days after lockdown was imposed, and saw a community support officer trying to persuade a drunk homeless person at the station to "go home", but since then I've been out about once a week to shop, and haven't seen a single policeman or vehicle, let alone any army presence as there has apparently been in Torremolinos. It's certainly quieter out than usual, but by no means deserted. I've been to various supermarkets (varying distances from home), and they are employing varying degrees of safety measures, but again, no official controls on who goes where & when. In short, absoutely no deterrent to do whatever you want. I haven't been out of town as I have no good reason to, so don't know if there are any road blocks anywhere.
Talking to a friend in Sweden, it sounds like their government's "advice" is being followed more seriously than our "enforced" restrictions in the UK.
I can't help feeling that there is a lot of complacency here, and the lack of any serious enforcement isn't helping.
Looking at the figures and the "curves" on various graphs, I have to say that I don't find our government's self-congratulations on reaching an arbitrary (& questionable) number of daily tests (still far fewer than many other European countries) very reassuring. :(
Only time will tell...
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often

"Acquiring a dog may be the only opportunity a human ever has to choose a relative," Mordecai Siegal 1935-2010.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Sat May 02, 2020 1:47 pm

Social distancing not going well today!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... loses.html

Sid

Paulinmalaga
Resident

Postby Paulinmalaga » Sat May 02, 2020 1:51 pm

Doesn't bode well for averting or minimising another wave
I So Bella tis you

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Sat May 02, 2020 1:52 pm

Watching the news on La1 it seems that none of the top Spanish politicians have the faintest idea how far 2 metres is....
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Sat May 02, 2020 2:34 pm

El Cid wrote:Social distancing not going well today!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... loses.html

Sid
What crowds :shock: I hope this doesn't put things back, otherwise we won't be going onto phase 1.

Very few wearing masks as well. I know it wouldn't be easy if you're running, but for walking in a crowd like that I would have thought more would have worn them. Around here most people wear them, even when they're in the car alone which I think is funny.

My hairdresser has just Whatsapped to say she's starting back with appointments on Monday.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Sat May 02, 2020 3:21 pm

Just been for a walk around the village and it was very quiet. Best time to go during siesta time.abit warm though!! Typical when you can finally get out.

The uk has hardly had a proper lockdown so it will be intresting to see how long it takes for figures to actually drop a huge amount or if theres spikes. Mind you its added confusion with the new counting system. Friends at home make me laugh when complaining about been in lockdown. After supermarket shopping then out for a walk then a trip to B&Q!.

I do find it odd how we will go from a 1k walk to been able to go anywhere in your provence within a tiny space of time.a big jump. I guess things can and prob will change by this time next week!

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Sat May 02, 2020 4:11 pm

I think the problems some are seeing in Spain is because the lock down was very strict, only being allowed to go to the Supermarket and not allowed out to exercise..It should be no surprise that the moment the lid was lifted just a little that there would be some people taking advantage.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Sat May 02, 2020 4:46 pm

Very true. Ppl got fed up of been locked up so kinda made a run for it when they could. It will be intresting to see the final numbers between the uk and spain. Uk with a larger pop and less of a shut down should end with higher numbers than spain. Will the strict lockdown have been worth it interms of the numbers when you compair in the end .putting aside what the numbers might have been with a uk style lockdown. would they have been much more diff?

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Sat May 02, 2020 6:48 pm

elusive wrote:Very true. Ppl got fed up of been locked up so kinda made a run for it when they could. It will be intresting to see the final numbers between the uk and spain. Uk with a larger pop and less of a shut down should end with higher numbers than spain. Will the strict lockdown have been worth it interms of the numbers when you compair in the end .putting aside what the numbers might have been with a uk style lockdown. would they have been much more diff?
Why is it a contest like Eurovision :roll: Numbers will make sense when every country counts the same. Otherwise pointless. If Spain Italy USA has the most what will it solve...nada. Some really have a problem.

country boy
Andalucia Guru

Postby country boy » Sat May 02, 2020 6:56 pm

When Oh when are they going to report the incidents as percentages of population rather than raw numbers. If you live in a community of 100 souls 1 death is significant; 66 million souls, not so much! Statistics... etc.

Miro
Andalucia Guru

Postby Miro » Sat May 02, 2020 7:10 pm

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/
You can reorganise the columns to show in order of deaths/tests/cases per million of population. Whichever way you look at it, the situation in both Spain and the UK is pretty devastating & tragic
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often

"Acquiring a dog may be the only opportunity a human ever has to choose a relative," Mordecai Siegal 1935-2010.

country boy
Andalucia Guru

Postby country boy » Sat May 02, 2020 7:18 pm

Thankyou, but to say the death rate is higher than Spain for instance is "slanted" for dubious purpose in my opinion. It is not higher as a percentage.(see deaths per million).Have a look at Belgium or Andorra for instance.
I also agree it is Tragic to say the very least!