Coronavirus

For tips, tricks and secrets on good health, beauty, fitness and sport join this forum.
Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Re: Coronavirus

Postby Wicksey » Fri May 15, 2020 1:00 pm

olive wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 6:51 pm "Only if they are no relation to you. ie: a husband and wife is not allowed, but you could drive your work colleagues uk car".

I bet that rule wherever it is is open to interpretation. e.g. Married , not married, wife UK resident, husband Spanish resident. What about the partner of a nephew, girlfriend of brother?

Rightly or wrongly, I put myself on my dads insurance again as he is convalescing. I could not have managed short of hiring a car for the last eight weeks. If that is breaking some law, so be it. I have said it before but considering a key premise of the EU is the three freedoms, there isn't much freedom in doing anything with vehicles. Hey Ho.
My OH was put onto his dad's insurance in the UK when he was there for a while earlier this year. The insurance company only wanted to know if he had a full EU driving licence which he does, a Spanish one. Like you, he had to drive his dad to and from hospital quite a few times and needed to be able to drive the car.

On the question of flying we are hoping to still go on our trip to the Canaries at the end of this year which is an internal flight, so may still go.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Fri May 15, 2020 2:18 pm

El Cid wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 11:49 am
With regard to prescriptions, when your repeat prescription runs out it usually means a trip to the doctor to renew it, with all the contagion risk that a visit to a health centre offers. Now, you can call your health centre when it runs out and they will renew it for you without the need to visit.
An update.

My prescriptions have just expired. I used the Salud Responde app to make a doctors appointment. The appointment is made for the first available slot. In my case the following morning. You are not given a choice of time, but are told that the doctor will phone you. That happened this morning and I was asked what help I needed. I just said I needed a prescription renewal. The response was that before she called me, she had renewed them until April 2021. I was then asked if there was any other help I needed. Her final words were "have a nice day".

Very impressive service.

Sid

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Fri May 15, 2020 2:32 pm

Pamela1 wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 9:20 pm If this virus is never to go away then people will have to make the choice of getting on with their lives or hide under the bed.... :mrgreen: I choose to get on with my life as i did before... Both myself and my family will definitely be flying as soon as the green light says we are able to..
Aids has been around for 40 years and SARS for 12 years and still no vaccination so I think you are right. Be careful and get on with your life.

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Fri May 15, 2020 2:33 pm

And i defiantly dont want to be a guinee pig for a testing lab.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Fri May 15, 2020 3:28 pm

No, neither do I especially if it is a huge US pharmaceutical but I won't be flying simply for the reason I haven't flown for the last twenty six years, there is nowhere I need or want to go.

I won't let it affect my life in any other way , though. Apparently many of the deaths were because of overweight and obesity in addition to underlying health problems. The overall figures do not give a true indication of the risks and can be manipulated to make them show what governments want them to show.

The longer the population is effectively under house arrest the more their immune system will be compromised through lack of sunlight and vitamin D as well as the effect it has on mental health. One prediction in Australia states that deaths from suicide may overtake those from coronavirus.

I could go on but there are many sources on the internet that reflect my views and don't seek to brand those of us who question the mainstream narrative as crack-pots or conspiracy theorists.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Fri May 15, 2020 3:42 pm

The majority of the deaths were those of a certain age bracket and those with underlying conditions. Race seems to be playing a big part in it aswell. Of course you will always get some that dont fit in the box and tragically die.there was an article in el pais about the amount of deaths among those with obesity probs and diabetics a couple of weeks ago seeing as spain has such a problem with weight.

The media and authorites need to stop trying to scare everyone to death inorder to get them to help cover up the goverments mistakes when inreality if you arent of a certain age (possibly race) with no pre excisting then they actually said the chances of you getting seriously ill or dieing is about the same as....... ie not very much.

As an ederly relative said. Well you have to die of something when you get old. Do ppl want to live forever with their cushy lives. They should be thankful they got to old age when many dont. They are blunt but imo right.

gavilan
Andalucia Guru

Postby gavilan » Fri May 15, 2020 3:56 pm

elusive wrote: 'As an ederly relative said. Well you have to die of something when you get old ...' ... my concern would be: if I catch that virus, I might pass the infection on to those who have been around me ...

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Fri May 15, 2020 3:58 pm

Agree completely, Beachcomber and Elusive. The more people are inside and inert the more prone they will be to all sorts of illnesses and disease. Fresh air and exercise are vital to good health and the huge peoblem of obesity is a health time-bomb even without viruses.

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Fri May 15, 2020 6:02 pm

Beachcomber wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 3:28 pm
I won't let it affect my life in any other way , though. Apparently many of the deaths were because of overweight and obesity in addition to underlying health problems. The overall figures do not give a true indication of the risks and can be manipulated to make them show what governments want them to show.

The longer the population is effectively under house arrest the more their immune system will be compromised through lack of sunlight and vitamin D as well as the effect it has on mental health. One prediction in Australia states that deaths from suicide may overtake those from coronavirus.

I could go on but there are many sources on the internet that reflect my views and don't seek to brand those of us who question the mainstream narrative as crack-pots or conspiracy theorists.
Of course we do when much of the stuff is not factually correct. One case in question was the crackpot on question time last night.It might have helped his arguments had been backed up by facts. He was ripped apart more or less every time he spoke, basically becuase the facts kept contradicting his half truths.

It well might be that the overall figures are minipulated but to underestimate the amount of deaths. It is actually not known how many deaths there really are. It is true to say that unlying health problem cause the actual deaths and the reality is that none dies from the virus but it is killing people who would normally expect years more to live.

I go out and have been able to do so to go shopping since day one and for a couple of weeks now I have been able to go out for a walk. Anyone who isn't getting sun is doing so because thay don't want to. Only children under the age of 14 in Spain could not leave the house. In the UK it was never the case. And this doesn't even take into account that many key worker have continued to work through this.

More deaths from suicide has to be measured by how many are commited as a result of having to stay at home, not all suicides. Sensationlistic statictics cant be thrown assuming some of us will take it a face value. I agree mental health is a problem as is the possibilty of people dying of unrelated illnesses such as cancer but it has to be weighed up against many other things.However, if nothing been done, the likehood is that there would been the same sinario with cancer patients due to fear but with the added problem of a lack of beds.

What the compiracy theorists have so far failed to explan is in which way any government would benefit from locking down the people and trashing the economy.

I could go on too but there are also many who disparage the compiracy theorists views online. The problem is that on both sides of the argument the internet can often just mirror your own view and reinforce it, without any counter arguments to balance them.
Last edited by markwilding on Fri May 15, 2020 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Fri May 15, 2020 6:26 pm

Good post, Mark. In the 'old' days people who were ill, weak, disabled in some way, too young or too old actually died of all sorts of things they could not withstand. They died. Today, modern medicine and a wealthy heath care system allows people to survive things that would have killed them in the past and, also, to prolong life way beyond any use to the actual person or society as a whole. All Western countries are facing an ageing population costing millions in pensions, benefits and health care. We are civilised, compassionate and wealthy enough to sustain this, so far. However, no one is asking why we are doing what we do. We just do it because we can and, morally, it seems like the right thing to do — but it flies in the face of 'survival of the fittest' and Darwin and all that stuff. This virus, to a large extent has taken some of those decisions away from us. It is, selectively killing people. Whatever else it is it is a pretty picky virus in who it affects and who it kills. I have no idea what is going on but it is something more than we are being told, or at least, we are not being told everything. Are we?

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Fri May 15, 2020 6:29 pm

Malaga and granada in phase one. Iceland here i come :lol:

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Fri May 15, 2020 6:34 pm

Lavanda wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 6:26 pm we are not being told everything. Are we?

We are not being told everything but tell me a time when we were. Apart from that I think you put it quite well and I know which side of the argument I am on.

Iceland, I can only dream of that pleasure. I'm running out of cadbury's chocolate because I can't get back to London but it might just be that a trip to Andalucia is on the cards in August if other possible destinations are restricted. Save some chocolate for me.
Last edited by markwilding on Fri May 15, 2020 6:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Fri May 15, 2020 6:37 pm

elusive wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 6:29 pm Malaga and granada in phase one. Iceland here i come :lol:
Are they, where did you see that?
I hope you are correct.
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Fri May 15, 2020 6:41 pm

Just been watching the press conference on spanish tv gerry. All of valencia in aswell.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Fri May 15, 2020 6:45 pm

markwilding wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 6:34 pm
Lavanda wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 6:26 pm we are not being told everything. Are we?

We are not being told everything but tell me a time when we were. Apart from that I think you put it quite well and I know which side of the argument I am on.

Iceland, I can only dream of that pleasure. I'm running out of cadbury's chocolate because I can't get back to London but it might just be that a trip to Andalucia is on the cards in August if other possible destinations are restricted. Save some chocolate for me.
Nothing beats a bar of dairy milk!! Luckily and then unluckily our nearest town got a dealz aka poundshop but we went into lockdown before it could open. All that cheap chocolate and family size packs of quavers!! Mind you im staying away from the scales after this past 2 inths. Mercadonna have started selling cadburys chocolate biscuits a pack is only a euro and they are very good!

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Fri May 15, 2020 6:52 pm

Well, I have won a bet with myself. I just had to have a little laugh!

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Fri May 15, 2020 7:04 pm

elusive wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 6:41 pm Just been watching the press conference on spanish tv gerry. All of valencia in aswell.
:thumbup: :thumbup:
Might see you in Iceland :clap: :clap: :D
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

knowal
Resident

Postby knowal » Fri May 15, 2020 7:15 pm

Pamela1 wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 9:20 pm If this virus is never to go away then people will have to make the choice of getting on with their lives or hide under the bed.... :mrgreen: I choose to get on with my life as i did before... Both myself and my family will definitely be flying as soon as the green light says we are able to..
As I strongly believe that I have had the virus, I have no fear of it and as soon as I am legally allowed will carry on as before.
It's interesting that all governments and health departments will not tell anyone that they are immune.
Which is what feeds the conspiracy nut jobs who say that governments just revel in control.

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Fri May 15, 2020 7:40 pm

After a trip to Spain in late Feb and 4 days after returning home i started with a cough that lasted 5 weeks, i was told i had the virus during a phone call with the local doc..however they tell everyone here who phone's in with any ailment it's probably the virus....I don't know if it was the virus because i was never tested and perhaps that's the reason why the governments and health departments won't tell anyone that they are immune..

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Fri May 15, 2020 7:45 pm

Iceland? been once many years ago, got carried away and bought to fill the freezer..Couldn't believe how cheap it was but soon discovered i had wasted money on cheap crappy food...Has it changed?