Coronavirus

For tips, tricks and secrets on good health, beauty, fitness and sport join this forum.
olive
Andalucia Guru

Re: Coronavirus

Postby olive » Fri May 15, 2020 8:20 pm

knowal wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 7:15 pm
Pamela1 wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 9:20 pm If this virus is never to go away then people will have to make the choice of getting on with their lives or hide under the bed.... :mrgreen: I choose to get on with my life as i did before... Both myself and my family will definitely be flying as soon as the green light says we are able to..
As I strongly believe that I have had the virus, I have no fear of it and as soon as I am legally allowed will carry on as before.
It's interesting that all governments and health departments will not tell anyone that they are immune.
Which is what feeds the conspiracy nut jobs who say that governments just revel in control.
That is an interesting view. I haven't seen anything that might confirm having had the virus you might be immune. I thought a feature of Corona viruses was that you can get it again. If that is the case one hopes that ones immune system isn't compromised next time round. Maybe they won't say as there would be a rush to get tested "have I had it" and then a two tier society would emerge, Those that have had it and can exist with impunity and those that haven't and live with the eternal fear that next outbreak their number might be up.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Fri May 15, 2020 8:32 pm

Pamela1 wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 7:45 pm Iceland? been once many years ago, got carried away and bought to fill the freezer..Couldn't believe how cheap it was but soon discovered i had wasted money on cheap crappy food...Has it changed?
We go mostly for the waitrose brand that they stock soups, haddock fillets,potato cakes,sauces. Fresh milk as i like to drink it and thats a no no with spanish. Dont know how long they have been doing waitrose goods. Alot of the stuff is expensive.never understood why they bother stocking things you can get in mercadonna etc at a cheaper price.i guess they are hoping ppl will buy it instead of bothering to go onto another shop.

Paulinmalaga
Resident

Postby Paulinmalaga » Fri May 15, 2020 8:34 pm

markwilding wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 6:02 pm
What the conspiracy theorists have so far failed to explain is in which way any government would benefit from locking down the people and trashing the economy.

I could go on too but there are also many who disparage the conspiracy theorists views online. The problem is that on both sides of the argument the internet can often just mirror your own view and reinforce it, without any counter arguments to balance them.
Excellent post Mark especially the above quoted section.
I So Bella tis you

knowal
Resident

Postby knowal » Fri May 15, 2020 9:32 pm

Olive, ^^
It would be the only virus ever to have existed that the human body is not immune, once exposed, infected and recovered, so we should assume that people who have had it are immune.
The South Koreans first though that people could be re-infected as they had 91 cases where re-infection was suspected. However, that have done further research and realised these were all problems with false test results.

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Fri May 15, 2020 9:36 pm

Elusive, i'd never of guessed they stocked Waitrose products...Quite funny that you are in Spain and telling me what you can get at Iceland when there are 2 down the road from me! Learn something every day! :lol:

Lyric
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lyric » Fri May 15, 2020 10:53 pm

Iceland Spain is a different company, I don't think that Iceland UK stocks Waitrose products.

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Fri May 15, 2020 11:20 pm

It is a company called Overseas Supermarkets, with marketing agreements with Iceland and Waitrose.
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Sat May 16, 2020 3:17 am

Some good sensible posts on here today. Probably a first but I agree with them all. Both Mike and Beachcomber make some good points from differing views. Pamela sums it up well as whatever happens the world cannot live in lockdown like now.

We are bombarded with endless statistics, many contradictory but one thing is clear it is mainly those who are elderly or the vulnerable with underlying issues who are dying. In many cases such as those in the later stages of dementia, cancer etc. It can be a blessed relief and Lavanda and Elusive made some good points too about survival of the fittest etc.

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Sat May 16, 2020 7:40 am

Iceland Fuengirola has very good products. All the stuff we could never get in Spain years ago is stocked but we very rarely go because Carrefour at Rincon stocks almost anything you need. The butchers in Iceland is good if you want a proper shoulder of lamb.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Sat May 16, 2020 8:15 am

Last post before we have to get back on subject but the food co ran by overseas food will open soon hopefully on the mijas pueblo road at fueng. They stock tesco products.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Sat May 16, 2020 9:28 am

Our local English shop Russell's has been doing a roaring trade during lockdown. They've got a huge choice now and also stock Co-op goods. They do a wonderful fresh ground Co op Kenyan coffee and we've been buying all sorts of other things we don't usually from there. About once a year I've gone to Arkwright's in Viñuela area and they've had Iceland and Waitrose goods.

Good news about moving to phase 1 although I'd read this morning about the R number being over 1 in Andalucía. I hope we don't have to revert back to 0. I have plans for a few trips out with my OH next week and my first drive on the motorway for 2 months which is odd, as I usually use it all the time.

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Sat May 16, 2020 10:45 am

On Monday in the Basque Country we will be able to move around the province, a step up from last week. We also got the good new that there were no new deaths overnight yesterday, compared to Catalonia, which had over 50, a third of the entire country.

I suppose though, the important statistics are if the amount of infected has gone up in relation to the easing up of the lockdown a couple of weeks ago. Touch wood, there doesn't seem to be any adverse affects from allowing the under 14s to go out three weeks ago.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Sat May 16, 2020 12:15 pm

They said they are doing alot more testing and those who have anti bodies are added to the infected list even if it was weeks ago and they are now recovered and maybe never even knew they had it.

102 deaths in the last 24 hrs

https://english.elpais.com/society/2020 ... onths.html

Paulinmalaga
Resident

Postby Paulinmalaga » Sat May 16, 2020 1:24 pm

Great news regarding the figures, and loving the pics of the chap at the airport....what on earth is going on in his groin area and his wheely case just the right size for his Tin Foil hat. :lol:
I So Bella tis you

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Sat May 16, 2020 2:41 pm

Spain is doing well, hope it continues. :thumbup:

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Sat May 16, 2020 2:47 pm

I popped into the village this morning for some bread. No one was wearing a mask. People were walking in couples and a few people were chatting together on benches. There was a different, more relaxed, atmosphere. I have a feeling we may just slide out from all this and then look at each other and think WTF was that all about, then?

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Sat May 16, 2020 2:57 pm

I was saying to my OH last night on our walk, how strange this has all been. Could you have ever imagined 6 months ago that everything would be shut down like this, practically the whole world put into lockdown? It's funny how accepting we've all been, I suppose there's not much you could have done, but now that the end may be in sight, it has been a very peculiar couple of months. It will be strange to go out together as a couple again and hopefully we'll be able to start to see some friends over the next few weeks.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Sat May 16, 2020 3:43 pm

Under the previous rules, only one person could go shopping. Now we are allowed to share a car, can two people shop together? Is the one shopper a government rule or a shop rule?

Sid

gavilan
Andalucia Guru

Postby gavilan » Sat May 16, 2020 3:56 pm

Wicksey wrote: ...'but now that the end may be in sight, it has been a very peculiar couple of months' ... I might be pessimistic but I really dont feel the end is in sight ... methinks this has just been the beginning phase ... t'will come and go in different countries at different times with different degrees of severity ... not going to go away/disappear ... and we are only at the very beginning of understanding what this virus is/how it will mutate/who it will affect most etc etc etc ... and it'ss not just a physical illness , even if one recovers, the psychological scars have yet to be taken into account/understood ... the extent and breadth of this virus is vast ... individually and economically ...

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Sat May 16, 2020 4:32 pm

El Cid wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 3:43 pm Under the previous rules, only one person could go shopping. Now we are allowed to share a car, can two people shop together? Is the one shopper a government rule or a shop rule?

Sid
I can't found anything on that Sid. I guess it made sense not to double up on the numbers going into the shop by only allowing a single person at a time. I think it was a government rule as you couldn't go out 2 in a car anyway, but I'm not sure if the shops will now allow more than one at a time.

I can usually cope on my own but it would have been nice to have the OH help me load it all into the car, especially the water which I find heavy to lift. In the much bigger stores, like Eroski we were thinking of going in separately if necessary as we both want to look at things, but we'll have to see what's happening when we get there.