Coronavirus

For tips, tricks and secrets on good health, beauty, fitness and sport join this forum.
olive
Andalucia Guru

Re: Coronavirus

Postby olive » Mon May 18, 2020 5:00 pm

According to Euronews, 100,000 resorting to food banks in Madrid!

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Mon May 18, 2020 6:33 pm

I will be interested to see what the compliance level is when the new law that everyone in Spain must wear a mask when in public is brought in later this week...
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Mon May 18, 2020 6:39 pm

Certainly around here, the Torre del Mar/ Rincon de la Victoria coastal and inland area, it is rare to see someone not wearing a mask.
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Mon May 18, 2020 7:28 pm

Today my OH and I had coffee and cakes on our neighbour's finca. We were all sat 2m apart and had a really good couple of hours catching up. We didn't have to shout as the campo is lovely and quiet. A first small step in restoring normal life BUT none of us are rushing ahead.

Cáceres Province have said they will be opening village pools this Summer but with restricted entry. Maybe there will be set times for set ages or groupings but I do not yet know. What's the news on village pools in Andalucia?

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Mon May 18, 2020 8:18 pm

Another reduction in new cases and deaths in Spain today, hope it continues.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Tue May 19, 2020 8:10 am

Masks to be worn in closed spaces and the public highway when a 2'mt distance cant be observed. More onfo this week.

Not sure how thats gonna work. What if someone jumps out from behind a hedge as you walk down the street. You have to scramble for a mask?! lol

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Tue May 19, 2020 10:39 am

gerryh wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 9:12 am If any of you are Endesa customers then they are giving a 15% discount on the highest bill in April or May.
Details here:-
https://www.endesa.com/en/advice/endesa ... -your-side
Just received an email to say that ".....Por eso, desde Endesa Energía queremos confirmarte que, tu solicitud de descuento para el consumo extra que realices durante el mes de abril y mayo, se ha realizado con éxito....."
So I should get a 15% discount in June.
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

Lyric
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lyric » Tue May 19, 2020 10:51 am

Must be the day for sending them G me too.

olive
Andalucia Guru

Postby olive » Tue May 19, 2020 12:10 pm

Good news from Brussels for Spain.

"France and Germany are proposing a €500bn ($545bn; £448bn) European recovery fund to be distributed to EU countries worst affected by Covid-19.
In talks on Monday, French President Emmanuel Macron and German Chancellor Angela Merkel agreed that the funds should be provided as grants.
The proposal represents a significant shift in Mrs Merkel's position."

The Austrians predictably aren't too happy . The loans taken out to give the grants will be repaid gradually from the EU's overall budget.

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Tue May 19, 2020 12:20 pm

That is good news, Olive, and will help to put Spain back on its feet again — provided the Government spends or invests the money wisely. It will have to be paid back one day and we can all play our part by buying locally and buying Spanish. Sorry, Gavilan, it's not 'almost racist'. It's common sense.

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Tue May 19, 2020 1:13 pm

What a wise move by the UK it was, leaving the EU...
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Tue May 19, 2020 1:22 pm

:silent: I answered you Peter with some info but it has been whooshed

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Tue May 19, 2020 1:46 pm

Lavanda wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 12:20 pm That is good news, Olive, and will help to put Spain back on its feet again — provided the Government spends or invests the money wisely. It will have to be paid back one day and we can all play our part by buying locally and buying Spanish. Sorry, Gavilan, it's not 'almost racist'. It's common sense.
Much of it will be to furlough workers. Depending on your point of view, it makes good economic sense to make sure the workforce is put on hold so that companies can bring them back as and when things start moving again.

I had to go into the centre of the city this morning and it's clear that things are changing. More shops open, more people, most wearing masks, and traffic on the roads. When I got back we had had a delivery of stuff from the town hall left at the door including masks.

Yesterday, traffic was heavy around 8;15 pm and young people gathering on the beach as well as queues to sit and have a drink on the terraces.

Some of my sk15-18 year old students are telling me that they have to return to school next week as well.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Tue May 19, 2020 2:48 pm

With Greece announcing it is open for foreign tourists don't think it will be long before Spain and others do the same. Probably hotels will be opening just in time for the July rush. I think the lock downs will end by default with no one wanting to be responsible for ending it completely.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Tue May 19, 2020 5:32 pm

83 deaths and 295 infections for the last 24 hrs

Manchesteral
Resident

Postby Manchesteral » Tue May 19, 2020 10:14 pm

What a ridiculous idea, a 5OO billion "grant" I defy anyone here to tell me where this "grant" will come from, free of charge !!

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Wed May 20, 2020 7:46 am

The grant will come from a printing press. Where do you imagine any of the billions in any country is coming from? To be paid for by the next few generations — but probably not paid for at all as it's not real money. It's all pretend money.

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Wed May 20, 2020 8:28 am

No money and lots of cut backs then BANG 500 Billion plucked out of thin air.

olive
Andalucia Guru

Postby olive » Wed May 20, 2020 10:37 am

Yes it is amazing how money can appear from thin air. This 500 billion isn't a done deal yet but in essence is grants to the countries hardest hit by the CV19 . These also appear to mostly be the countries that rely on tourism, so good for Spain and Italy and Greece and France. 10 of the 27 have tourism form more than 10% of GDP.

The money will be paid back by all the countries in the EU rather than the recipients and will be factored in to the EU seven year budget that still hasn't been agreed.

pensure1988
Resident

Postby pensure1988 » Wed May 20, 2020 11:03 am

Good Morning

Thank you to all those Forum Members who are posting updates to this Thread. I am sure this information is very much appreciated and shared amongst Friends.

One question though, there used to be a Jumta de Andalucia Website giving the Coronavirus Statistics by Province or Area and then by Town. Can anybody who knows about this provided information, please post a Direct Page Link to this website on this thread. I did have the link BookMarked but can not find it anymore. None of my other Government Links provide this info for me,

Thank You very Much

David