Coronavirus

For tips, tricks and secrets on good health, beauty, fitness and sport join this forum.
Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Re: Coronavirus

Postby Lavanda » Thu May 28, 2020 7:26 pm

Well, there you go. No one knows anything concrete. Assumptions can only be made on the data of what has happened over the last six months. However, data can be interpreted in many ways and even collecting it can be fraught with margins of error.

As for the news about the car plant in Spain closing and the one in Sunderland staying open, I suppose that is really another thread. Will it finally shut up the Independence movement, as in, fewer jobs, less revenue, etc?

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Thu May 28, 2020 7:27 pm

Lavanda wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 4:39 pm
Oh my god!!
Do you really believe all that or are you winding us all up?
Lavender, My response was to Beachcomber's thread, not yours.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Thu May 28, 2020 7:40 pm

I suppose we just have to balance what some unidentified doctor in the UK is alleged to have said against the verifiable comments of the Spanish Ministry of Health spokespeople on Spanish national television news.

The WHO (or perhaps we should call it the OMS though OMG would be more appropriate) keeps on insisting that there will be a second wave in the Autumn. If if doesn't happen naturally no doubt it will be helped on its way.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Thu May 28, 2020 8:05 pm

Malaga and granada into phase 2 from monday according to N322

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Fri May 29, 2020 9:28 am

Yesterday was the first real hot day of the year year in the north which coincided with many young people finishing their school year. As a result, thousands headed to the beach to celebrate, As we are already in phase 2, sunbathing is permitted but due to the vast crowds, it was impossible to maintain social distancing and control the situation.

The local town halls have now reintroduced new measures prohibiting sunbathing. I think this has been simmering over a couple of weeks because on my walks I see large groups of teens all over the place so is a wake up call to act responsibly. We will also have to monitor the situation and see if there is a spike in infections in a couple of weeks,

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Fri May 29, 2020 9:46 am

Beachcomber wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 7:40 pm I suppose we just have to balance what some unidentified doctor in the UK is alleged to have said against the verifiable comments of the Spanish Ministry of Health spokespeople on Spanish national television news.

The WHO (or perhaps we should call it the OMS though OMG would be more appropriate) keeps on insisting that there will be a second wave in the Autumn. If if doesn't happen naturally no doubt it will be helped on its way.
Autumn!!! Someone mentioned to me the other day that they were going to make sure they got the flue injection this year, it had suddenly occurred to them that it could be possible for people to be co-infected with both the flue and the CV...I'm not sure if there is evidence on that.. In the meantime i wouldn't be surprised if there is an upsurge on flue injections from those who would not usually bother.

Paulinmalaga
Resident

Postby Paulinmalaga » Fri May 29, 2020 10:16 am

Beachcomber wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 7:40 pm I suppose we just have to balance what some unidentified doctor in the UK is alleged to have said against the verifiable comments of the Spanish Ministry of Health spokespeople on Spanish national television news.

Could you please explain what you mean by that statement? "Helped on its way?"
I So Bella tis you

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Sat May 30, 2020 9:30 am

2 deaths in the 48 hours before yesterday and 182 new infections in the last 24 hours, which tend to be clusters in specific areas. And this is after the lockdown has been losened a lttle. The next indictor will be in the next 2 weeks when we will know the consequences of moving into the more recent phases.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Sat May 30, 2020 10:26 am

It will be interesting to see if there's a rise in the cases after the de-escalation phases kick in.

We had our first meal out with friends yesterday which was really nice. It was 11 weeks since we last ate out just before lockdown started, funnily enough with the same couple at the same restaurant. It felt like a little bit of normality which was very welcome, but with most shops and more bar and restaurants opening as we enter phase 2 on Monday, I do wonder if this will have an effect on the numbers of infections in a few weeks time. That's why I feel that the rush to open up the country asap to tourists is jumping the gun a bit.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Sat May 30, 2020 10:36 am

When world deaths are 363,800 out of 7.8 billion people it puts it into perspective.

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Sat May 30, 2020 10:43 am

Yes, but that was with lockdown. Imagine what the death rate would have been without one.

Having said that, I happy with the slow return to normal and wouldn't go any slower. I'm talking about Spain, not the UK.

My wife thinks it is enivitable that it will return but my take is we are in a different place from february and March and provided most of us follow the social distancing rules, I hope it will mean lower contagion rates and it will be easier to track and trace, should any specific outbreaks appear.
Last edited by markwilding on Sat May 30, 2020 10:56 am, edited 3 times in total.

Paulinmalaga
Resident

Postby Paulinmalaga » Sat May 30, 2020 10:48 am

Yes agree Mark but hopefully the Virus as it mutates continues to become weaker and no longer as deadly. Maybe its Natures way of giving us a bit of a wake up call.
I So Bella tis you

olive
Andalucia Guru

Postby olive » Sat May 30, 2020 3:45 pm

What is happening with track and trace in Spain?

Are they using the Google/Apple version? Will forum members be rushing to install the app?

It already has the nickname of trick or treat.

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Sat May 30, 2020 4:01 pm

olive wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 3:45 pm What is happening with track and trace in Spain?
Is there one in Spain, if so, what its name?
Had a Covid-19 test on Wdnesday result was negative.
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Sat May 30, 2020 4:08 pm

olive wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 3:45 pm What is happening with track and trace in Spain?

Are they using the Google/Apple version? Will forum members be rushing to install the app?

It already has the nickname of trick or treat.
I will not install a data gathering app and I will not have the vaccine. I do not want to be a guinee pig for a rushed out vaccine.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Sat May 30, 2020 4:15 pm

gerryh wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 4:01 pm
Is there one in Spain, if so, what its name?
Had a Covid-19 test on Wdnesday result was negative.
Cheers
Gerry
Good news, did you have symptoms? Problem is you could have caught it yesterday and not know. Same with health workers.

I would like to have an antibody test but they seem to be unreliable.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Sat May 30, 2020 4:19 pm

Could be thousands needlessly quarantined with the app. Imagine message telling you your supermarket cashier was infected. Lockdown for two weeks and a couple of days later you were in contact at the Farmacia...another 14 days.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Sat May 30, 2020 4:28 pm

Not everyone has a smartphone and not everyone that has one has it switched on, so the tracing app will miss people. I haven't heard anything more about the Isle of Wight app that a lot of people complained they couldn't download, even though their phone wasn't that old. Like antibody tests which don't seem to have been perfected yet, how accurate and useful is the track and tracing app going to be?

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Sat May 30, 2020 5:06 pm

One thing is certain. Someone, somewhere is making a lot of money out of selling half-baked ideas, apps, tests, cures, snake-oil, etc to the masses. I think we should protect the vulnerable from all this rubbish. I'm with Costakid and don't even have a SmartPhone let alone an App for whatever and no one is sticking anything in my arm, thank-you. Absolutely not.

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Sat May 30, 2020 5:13 pm

katy wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 4:15 pm
Good news, did you have symptoms?
No, no symptoms, but am going into hospital on Thursday for an operation and they required a Covid-19 test first.
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris