Coronavirus

For tips, tricks and secrets on good health, beauty, fitness and sport join this forum.
markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Re: Coronavirus

Postby markwilding » Sun May 31, 2020 12:01 pm

Beachcomber wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 11:57 am China Global Television Network??? And you criticise me for quoting RT???

If you wondered what they are trying to hide, and why, and want to decide for yourself check out Bit Chute:

.I'll leave that to the alt right and loony left.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Sun May 31, 2020 12:12 pm

Well thanks, at least, for giving me a good laugh. China Global Television Network! That has to be best yet considering that is probably where coronavirus originated.

Devils Advocate
Andalucia Guru

Postby Devils Advocate » Sun May 31, 2020 12:15 pm

I use whatsapp myself as you know, and couldn't really care less if others choose to or not Mark.

Same goes with Facebook.

My post was aimed at the over reactionary call for moderation because it maybe differed from his opinion, the post he made a point of calling out was relevant to the thread.

Like you I don't take heed of what Val on Facebook says, or for that matter what El Pais, the Telegraph, Laura Cluelessberg and the rest have to offer. I look with my own eyes, speak to people I believe are informed and basically form my own views on things through life, it's served me well too so far.

The fact that governments have us all performing like seals at the moment (or trying to) is the issue I'm looking for an answer to.

5G masts, Bats, Big business ruling the world theories don't figure in what I'm beginning to believe is the truth, it's far simpler.
Property owner in Andalucia since 2002. How time flies.

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Sun May 31, 2020 12:33 pm

"'ll leave that to the alt right and loony left."

To be fair, Mark, we live in a society that allows us to think what we want and, mostly, to say what we want. Surely that's the whole point of the way we conduct ourselves? Alternative thinking on every single topic under the sun has been alive and well for thousands of years. Then the bigots step in. They censor the things they do not like but, more importantly, they do not want others to like. As you all know I read across the press and media: from far-left to far-right and all the wacky stuff in between. The more I read, the more I feel informed, and maybe misinformed, but that is for me to decide and not for someone else to tell me what they have decided on my behalf. When FaceBook takes down an offensive post that incites racial or gender hatred then that should be in everyone's interest but I can remember a time when people were allowed to post such stuff, other people were allowed to read it, and they made up their own minds. Now, people cannot be trusted to make up their own minds, in case what they decide is 'wrong'.

The way the media has reported the Covid-19 outbreak has been, in my opinion, poor. Very, very poor. The news is dominated by the subject and yet we know almost nothing more than in the first few weeks. There are more unanswered questions than those answered. The on-line press is dominated by opinion. The world and his wife all have column inches to fill and they fill it with twaddle. The actual, factual news reporting is almost absent. Instead we get a sentence or two and then 'experts' will interpret those few sentences and tell us all what we should think about what they mean because we cannot be trusted to come up with the right interpretation ourselves.

I like conspiracy theories. Some give me the best laugh of the day. Some, however, give me something to think about.

My most interesting read of the day, so far, has come from El País in English and the far-left politician Pablo Echenique who is proposing a wealth tax on people who have over € 1 million to help recover the economy post-Covid-19. The article is no longer on the page — it lasted about 2 hours. However, it also appeared in The Guardian six days ago and it is still in place.
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... oronavirus

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Sun May 31, 2020 1:58 pm

Beachcomber wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 11:57 am China Global Television Network??? And you criticise me for quoting RT???

By the way, there is an excellent resource for videos providing alternative information on coronavirus and other subjects that have been censored by the Fakebook watchers and You Tube Thought Police.

If you wondered what they are trying to hide, and why, and want to decide for yourself check out Bit Chute:
I don’t criticise you for anything
I question your selective posting
And you completely missed my sideswipe at you

Anyway,
If you aren’t happy with the post I sent
Try this one
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/52847648
Or this one
https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-020-01452-z
Of course they must be puppets of the new world order
As you said it’s all there in black and white

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Sun May 31, 2020 2:01 pm

Covid 19 won’t last forever. It was Made in China

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Sun May 31, 2020 4:14 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: Yes, it will be knackered before the years out.. :lol: :lol: :lol:

olive
Andalucia Guru

Postby olive » Sun May 31, 2020 7:26 pm

or more likely. Covid 20. More powerful , cheaper and with more features. Same price of course and crucially not compatible with anything you already have Covid 19 related.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Sun May 31, 2020 8:06 pm

https://english.elpais.com/politics/202 ... gions.html

Final stages of the phases to to be run by the regions

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Sun May 31, 2020 8:34 pm

Things are pretty normal for most people in phase 2. I discovered that the largest beach around here, which is also the closest was open so popped a couple of towels and some sun cream into a bag and headed down but thinking that many others would have the same idea. The beach had very few people on it so we easily found a spot to relax for a couple of hours,

Later at around 10:30 in the evening we walked back down for a drink and today we met up with the OH's family for the first time since March for a picnic in a mountain park.

My brother in Law who has been on the ERTE isn't back at work yet, explaining that the company is bringing people back little by little but he will definitely have to return when the scheme ends in a couple of weeks. I 've never seen him so relaxed and if truth be known, he was quite happy to be paid to stay at home.

olive
Andalucia Guru

Postby olive » Sun May 31, 2020 9:05 pm

gerryh wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 5:13 pm
katy wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 4:15 pm
Good news, did you have symptoms?
No, no symptoms, but am going into hospital on Thursday for an operation and they required a Covid-19 test first.
Cheers
Gerry
Just noticed this. Best wishes for your operation on Thursday.

olive
Andalucia Guru

Postby olive » Sun May 31, 2020 9:14 pm

Anyone got any thoughts on the fines handed out ? I cannot find the article I read but Spain was three times the European average and the olivepress reoprted over 1 million in Spain.Anyone been fined or know someone that has.?

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Mon Jun 01, 2020 6:56 am

It will be interesting to see if anyone turns the tables and sues the government for causing damage to their health through being forced to wear a mask for long periods of time. Local people have started to suffer some of the symptoms described in this article and summer temperatures are not even with us yet:

https://www.healthline.com/health-news/ ... -your-skin

And this only deals with skin problems without going into details of other serious health implications. It is quite possible we may end up with a situation where a healthy population, the vast majority of whom have not even had any contact with the virus, end up with various maladies by being forced, under threat of Draconian fines, into the unnecessary wearing of a pieces of rag tied around their faces.

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:27 am

It is a huge problem. It’s already beyond 30°C here but people only wear masks in confined spaces such as shops. In the streets we do the distance thing rather than the masks BUT where I live there are few people so it is easier.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:33 am

We don't see people wearing masks in my rural area either.

By the way, here is one of the articles showing the number of people fined in Spain for breaking the rules. More that 2% of the population and this was published ten days ago:

https://www.lavanguardia.com/politica/2 ... spana.html

As one of the comments states: 'It is easier to fine than to govern, it is easier to fine than to educate.'

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:00 am

Its so quiet everywhere we have been that no mask is needed. Ppl tend to move away from each other and very rarely am i in a position where i have to put it on. Then its only a split second and its off again. Can they inforce the wearing of it once the S.O.A is over?

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:14 am

OK, We get it. You think we are being controlled and you want to find any scrap of evidence to back up your theories. However the article does not back up your claim regarding serious issues and only offers advice if someone does develop skin problems ,

I don't live in some outback with no contact with the real world so I actually have experienced on a daily basis what it is to wear a mask as I'm sure do many others on here so I prefer to take advice from those with experience, not from someone who politicises everything. They don't have to be worn in most situations and for the majority, they don't need to be worn for long periods.i keep mine in a little food bag which can be sealed and pop it on when I go into an enclosed space.

The doctor also points out the blindingly obvious simple remedies, You need to wash your face as often as possible, which even without a mask is necessary in a hot country like Spain and is basic common sense. Even in normal times as the weather gets hotter,we start to use sun cream, which by the way, can also cause Acne and blocked pores but it would be stupid not to do, so showers become a lot more frequent anyway.

And of course they have to be washed after wearing one. also blindingly obvious. I would like to add my own bit of advice, make sure you don't share one especially if your partner has a dry cough and showing signs of a fever but don't worry about circulating air inside the mask because you can't give the virus to yourself.

Added to the fact that it isn't necessary to wear one if you suffer from certain medical problem,

https://apnews.com/afs:Content:8949990001

https://www.health.com/condition/infect ... co2-levels
Last edited by markwilding on Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:34 am, edited 4 times in total.

Paulinmalaga
Resident

Postby Paulinmalaga » Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:24 am

Under the present Pandemic I cannot see an issue on wearing a mask as and when needed. Common sense really. Nobody is actually "forcing" me to wear one during my personal day to day living. The vast majority of cases where I wear my mask would be in an enclosed environment such as Supermarket and public transport and seeing that these are in the main air conditioned the out door temperature and summer heat isn't an issue. So I have no problems doing what the Government require us to do at present. However, I think on the other hand it may get a smidgeon warm if wearing a tin foil hat :lol:
I So Bella tis you

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:53 am

Regarding fines,
Whatever your opinion regarding the measures taken, non movement of people and restricting people have helped in controlling the spread and even the most ardent doubting Thomas can see it has worked unless they are in total denial.

Many have suffered because of various reasons so why shouldn't there be sanctions if certain people flout and think the rules don't apply to them. During the height of the crisis people were going from places with high rates of infection to villages, towns and regions with little or no cases.

Devils Advocate
Andalucia Guru

Postby Devils Advocate » Mon Jun 01, 2020 10:15 am

Do you ever think there'll come a day when you have the confidence to not carry a mask with you, and not feel the need to wash your hands and face every half hour? (Not aimed at anyone in particular and a genuine question I've thought about for a while)

If so what will be the moment you revert back to "normal"? When the government says "all clear"?

Or is this the new normal for people?

I've not worn a mask yet this year apart from when sanding down a GRP repair......purely because it's still an unusual sight to see someone with one on, plus I've not been in any confined, crowded spaces since January.

One point I thought of, with the possibility of holiday makers arriving on the Costas shortly I can see issues with people who've never worn a mask, so certainly not wanting to wear them on their holiday. I'm betting there'll be a few arguments over this with the guardia taking action.
Property owner in Andalucia since 2002. How time flies.