Coronavirus

For tips, tricks and secrets on good health, beauty, fitness and sport join this forum.
katy
Andalucia Guru

Re: Coronavirus

Postby katy » Tue Jun 09, 2020 11:54 am

Free at Last wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 11:15 am
Wicksey wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 9:48 am
My hairdresser opened on 4 May. When I went the other week she said that she could now allow one other person in to wait, keeping their social distance. She did everything you describe above, but she hasn't raised her prices to cover the extra costs and work. Still only 10€ for a wash and cut :thumbup: I'm still surprised that we opened our hairdressers comparatively quickly after such a strict lockdown.
No, my hairdresser hasn't raised the prices either. It was the same a few years ago when the rate of IVA was increased from 10% to 21%, the hairdressers didn't pass on the increased cost to customers.
Poverty wages when they have to pay for rent, equipment etc

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Tue Jun 09, 2020 11:58 am

I wonder if Governments will try to keep some of the new powers they have that have got citizens capitulating like sheep.

Deaths being announced bears no relation To the number of deaths per day for cancer and other chronic diseases.

Devils Advocate
Andalucia Guru

Postby Devils Advocate » Tue Jun 09, 2020 12:10 pm

1) Yes 100%

2) I'm betting that's exactly the case, no way it can't be.
Property owner in Andalucia since 2002. How time flies.

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Tue Jun 09, 2020 12:15 pm

Except In New Zealand, further along the process, have lifted all social distancing restrictions.

olive
Andalucia Guru

Postby olive » Tue Jun 09, 2020 3:01 pm

But New Zealand quickly put a block on anyone coming in. How will that work in a Europe hell bent on widespread travel commencing again at the end of June?

Does it matter where we are talking about? My comments were just to illustrate the bizarre nature of what can and cannot happen.

My OH spent a fair amount of May in a delightful sleepy seaside town called Orinon up in your neck of the woods Mark. Each night she walked our dog as per the rules. As the area went into the next phase one day the bar had been closed and the next it was heaving with people rubbing shoulders as though there had never been a crisis. No social distancing and certainly not between groups . Maybe the rules only applied to the big cities? It wasn't as though the Guardia Civil didn't know as they cruised through four times a day apparently looking for anyone on the beach with a dog according to the owners of the app block.

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Tue Jun 09, 2020 3:08 pm

To answer Mark:
Our schools, colleges and universities are not open.
The bars are not packed and we have social distancing.
We do not have public transport.
The nearest cinema is 30km away in a different province.

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Tue Jun 09, 2020 3:13 pm

exactly.

For those who want to actually know what is permissible in each stage and not someone's opinion, Here is an detailed list of what is and what isn't nd an update to which region are in which stage.

There was an agreement with some parties to allow regional governments to make some changes as and if some difference are necessary. You would need to check at a local level. Extremadura decided not to allow travel between provinces this week due to an outbreak of cases there.

Trials for international travel will start next week to certain Islands

https://www.spainenglish.com/2020/06/05 ... ls-phases/

Here is the official guidelines in PDF form

https://www.mscbs.gob.es/profesionales/ ... Fase_3.pdf

Remember there is also another new normal phase which will allow domestic travel around the country on the 23rd June
and international travel provisionally 1st July
Last edited by markwilding on Tue Jun 09, 2020 5:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Tue Jun 09, 2020 5:41 pm

Nevada shopping centre in granada was the busiest ive seen it during the week today. Vertually all shops open but not many in the food hall
Last edited by elusive on Tue Jun 09, 2020 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Tue Jun 09, 2020 6:36 pm

olive wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 3:01 pm But New Zealand quickly put a block on anyone coming in. How will that work in a Europe hell bent on widespread travel commencing again at the end of June?

Does it matter where we are talking about? My comments were just to illustrate the bizarre nature of what can and cannot happen.

My OH spent a fair amount of May in a delightful sleepy seaside town called Orinon up in your neck of the woods Mark. Each night she walked our dog as per the rules. .
I'm not saying everything is correct and that there have been countless mistakes. There are definitely some oddities such as being able to visit Orinon which is in around 25 minute from here and even closer from the port but for the moment it's out of bounds until I believe next week when an agreement between the Basque Country and Cantabria comes into force. However, I can travel 15O kms in the other direction towards Navarra.

It's the UK who have imposed an odd travel restriction. I want to go across on the 23rd July and hope it will have been lifted by then
Last edited by markwilding on Tue Jun 09, 2020 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Tue Jun 09, 2020 7:07 pm

According to the DM no way will Brits be allowed in to Spain in July. Greece is quite nice though. My Spanish trip is off but hoping to get to Paris for daughters birthday in July. Nos veremos. Getting bored with the whole issue.

K&LTupper
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby K&LTupper » Tue Jun 09, 2020 7:15 pm

That is good news

olive
Andalucia Guru

Postby olive » Tue Jun 09, 2020 7:19 pm

katy, I think most people are bored with CV19. That is the issue. Most people are just itching to get back to a degree of normality be it jumping on a plane, going to the pub, going to the beach or the shops. Just who is going to police social distancing and adequate measures? Or will it be as it was before. i.e. you don't give an establishment/business repeat business if you are unhappy with the quality of food, cleanliness of toilets and so on.

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Tue Jun 09, 2020 7:27 pm

katy wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 7:07 pm According to the DM no way will Brits be allowed in to Spain in July. Greece is quite nice though. My Spanish trip is off but hoping to get to Paris for daughters birthday in July. Nos veremos. Getting bored with the whole issue.
They will be allowed but with quarantine restrictions but there seems to be a lot of pressure to create air bridges.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Tue Jun 09, 2020 8:25 pm

Theres no logic with the uk. The left doesnt know what the right is doing. Why still no hairdressers as said above but shops will be rammed come monday. No orders to wear masks ( they say face coverings cause there isnt any masks) or have hand gel etc. And now primary schools look likely to be closed till sept. The one section of society that has hardly been touched yet teachers keep going on about safety issues. They sit at a desk 2 mts away wear a mask. Bingo. Noting to do with them all been on full pay even if they only go in one day a week to teach 3 kids!

If the only good thing to come out of this is its an equalizer is that everyones been stuck in one place bar the odd political advisor! No swanning off around the world on fancy holiday or off to their holiday homes. Everyone in the same boat for once

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Tue Jun 09, 2020 9:29 pm

Agree more or less although there are plenty of masks, seems most don’t want to wear one. Wouldn’t say everyone is stuck at home either. A big flight from London by everyone who has a second home. Just weak leaders who back down all the time.

I know some, mainly younger who would love to go back to work, mainly those with good jobs. A lot are content to stay home, those that commute are better off, they wander around beaches and beauty spots, laze around and frequently break the lockdown.

Paulinmalaga
Resident

Postby Paulinmalaga » Wed Jun 10, 2020 2:10 pm

What I cannot get my head around is the very small number of deaths in places such as Vietnam whose population is 97 million yet Zero Deaths, Uganda population 46 million and zero deaths, Tanzania population 60 million and 21 deaths, Ethiopia 115 million and only 35 deaths...just can't logically work out why?
I So Bella tis you

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Wed Jun 10, 2020 2:16 pm

Lack of movement. Ppl coming into the country with it etc

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Wed Jun 10, 2020 2:20 pm

Also, maybe, lack of counting. or attributing deaths to Covid-19.

Paulinmalaga
Resident

Postby Paulinmalaga » Wed Jun 10, 2020 2:31 pm

elusive wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 2:16 pm Lack of movement. Ppl coming into the country with it etc
Doubtful, Ethiopia as a case in point never had a real lockdown and has had flights arriving throughout from all over the place...U.S U.K Germany etc
I So Bella tis you

Paulinmalaga
Resident

Postby Paulinmalaga » Wed Jun 10, 2020 2:34 pm

Lavanda wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 2:20 pm Also, maybe, lack of counting. or attributing deaths to Covid-19.
What a lack of counting from all countries with a zero or very low death rate? Why?
I So Bella tis you