Coronavirus

For tips, tricks and secrets on good health, beauty, fitness and sport join this forum.
Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Re: Coronavirus

Postby Lavanda » Sat Jun 20, 2020 8:00 pm

It's becoming clear (to me) what this virus is really all about. It's a worldwide smokescreen for the Chinese to expand their territory. The big problem we will have to face one day is who will stop China from world domination. It's almost past the economic, practical, aggressive and geographical point of no return. Covid-19 not Made in China my BEEP (and those are my letters and not those of the censors).

It is no surprise the story only seems to be covered by Al Jazeera:

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2020/06/ ... 40762.html

Paulinmalaga
Resident

Postby Paulinmalaga » Sat Jun 20, 2020 8:12 pm

Lavanda wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 8:00 pm It's becoming clear (to me) what this virus is really all about. It's a worldwide smokescreen for the Chinese to expand their territory. The big problem we will have to face one day is who will stop China from world domination. It's almost past the economic, practical, aggressive and geographical point of no return. Covid-19 not Made in China my BEEP (and those are my letters and not those of the censors).

It is no surprise the story only seems to be covered by Al Jazeera:

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2020/06/ ... 40762.html
One massive hole in your theory......which is a Gentleman called Vladimir Putin :think:
I So Bella tis you

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Sat Jun 20, 2020 8:33 pm

Spain lifts quarantine for uk nationals from tomorrow. I guess it will be the same going the other way now aswell

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Sat Jun 20, 2020 9:11 pm

Paulinmalaga: You mean Putin made the virus? I never thought of that to be honest.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Sun Jun 21, 2020 2:30 pm

elusive wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 8:33 pm Spain lifts quarantine for uk nationals from tomorrow. I guess it will be the same going the other way now aswell
Can't contemplate going to the UK unless they lift the 14 day quarantine, and I expect a lot of others would feel that way (if it could ever be efficiently policed)

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Sun Jun 21, 2020 2:34 pm

Yeah it would make it impossible for short visits. Spain wouldnt have pulled it unless they had an agreement for vice versa. This week it will be pulled in the uk imo.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Sun Jun 21, 2020 4:54 pm

This is a rhetorical question that I have asked before regarding quarantine on entering the UK. Do they collect every single passenger on arrival from the aircraft and deliver them securely to their place of quarantine or do the passengers pass freely through the entire airport then use a taxi/train/coach or other means of public transport to get to their destination? I assume the latter by which time they will have been in contact with several hundred people before they even start their quarantine.

The whole thing is a complete farce and I mean the whole thing.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Sun Jun 21, 2020 5:11 pm

I couldn’t agree more. Talk about locking the stable door!

Paulinmalaga
Resident

Postby Paulinmalaga » Sun Jun 21, 2020 5:38 pm

Apparently precious little follow up checks are done. I was listening to LBC this morning and the regular host Andrew Castle even said during a phone in regarding this that he personally knew quite a number of people who have arrived and gone through the procedure over the last few weeks and have never heard another thing after leaving the airport, no follow up nada. Whole thing is a comedy of errors.
I So Bella tis you

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Sun Jun 21, 2020 6:01 pm

I can certainly report back on my visit but I expect in five weeks time there will be no quarantine or anything else.

There's a few news stories creeping on to the front pages about how the virus is getting weaker and will die out on its own soon. Then there are stories of countries who are having a second wave of the virus. Flip the coin and pick a side.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Sun Jun 21, 2020 8:08 pm

Beachcomber wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 4:54 pm This is a rhetorical question that I have asked before regarding quarantine on entering the UK. Do they collect every single passenger on arrival from the aircraft and deliver them securely to their place of quarantine or do the passengers pass freely through the entire airport then use a taxi/train/coach or other means of public transport to get to their destination? I assume the latter by which time they will have been in contact with several hundred people before they even start their quarantine.

Exactly what they do! Michael o leary called them out on the exact same thing when it was anounced.

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Sun Jun 21, 2020 8:13 pm

The government have got it wrong on quarantine but are reluctant to back down again.

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Sun Jun 21, 2020 8:33 pm

Everything is unravelling so fast it makes me wonder what it was all about anyway.

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Sun Jun 21, 2020 10:06 pm

Please don't confuse the two points again.

One thing was the necessary lockdown, which experts have repeatedly said saved thousands of lives even if you prefer to believe it didn't. The other thing is the futile quarantine imposed by the UK, whose record of reducing the contagion and death rate has been nowhere near as successful as most other countries. Basically, It has come at the completely wrong end of the crisis and it is very difficult to understand the logic.

I agree with Elusive and will be very surprised if they don't end the restrictions next week and was the main reason why Spain has allowed people coming from the UK in without quarantine from today. If they don't, tourists returning to the UK next weekend will have to make a decision whether to risk a fine, which no one seems to have received anyway, or not come.

Meanwhile, I was surprised to learn today that my wife has had her temperature tested during spot checks while travelling to and from work on the underground quite a few times over the last few weeks
Last edited by markwilding on Sun Jun 21, 2020 10:41 pm, edited 3 times in total.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Sun Jun 21, 2020 10:11 pm

El Cid wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 5:11 pm I couldn’t agree more. Talk about locking the stable door!
Yes, pointless. The borders should have been closed when the rest of Europe closed theirs. Read about a couple who flew in and called at McDonalds when they left the airport. Makes a mockery of those who have stuck to the rules.

No one knows if the lockdowns have been successful in any country, absolutely no evidence. Was obvious that Spain would cave in, all about the economy.

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Sun Jun 21, 2020 10:24 pm

How did Span cave in? If you were following the different stages, You would know that the objective to go to the new normal was always today and the date for international travel from the EU in one Weeks's time, but some international travel was already possible from Germany to certain islands from last week and that was extended due to the now low infection rate to all EU countries a little earlier than planned with an agreement with the rest of the EU countries except Portugal.

No evidence?

If you go looking for some, it's not difficult to find.

Death rate double in some parts of Spain, now back down to normal.

https://english.elpais.com/spanish_news ... 43000.html

Infection rate starts to flatten out 2 to 3 weeks after lockdown

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/COVID-19_ ... c_in_Spain
Last edited by markwilding on Sun Jun 21, 2020 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Sun Jun 21, 2020 10:49 pm

Maybe the rate would have fallen anyway, we don’t know.
All will become clear in the Uk soon with all the demos and everyone shoulder to shoulder, plus the thousands attending raves. Certain communities especially in a London ignored it. If you believe lockdowns work then logically there should be a high spike soon.
Riots and looting in a Germany too this week, then there is all this contagation in meat factories in many countries.

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Sun Jun 21, 2020 10:58 pm

Maybe, It would be a massive coincidence though, There is also a new normal as well. We are not doing things as before the lockdown We are still social distancing and avoiding long periods of contact so that it makes it more difficult for the virus to take hold especially as people are avoiding close contact inside buildings. It is also now known that it's quite difficult to catch in open spaces,

Meat factories are closed cramped cool and damp places.

I went to the beach this morning and from the top of the cliff, it is clear that instead of everybody bunching close to the shore, bathers are much more evenly spread out. It is actually a bit of an odd sight.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:50 am

elusive wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 8:08 pm
Beachcomber wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 4:54 pm This is a rhetorical question that I have asked before regarding quarantine on entering the UK. Do they collect every single passenger on arrival from the aircraft and deliver them securely to their place of quarantine or do the passengers pass freely through the entire airport then use a taxi/train/coach or other means of public transport to get to their destination? I assume the latter by which time they will have been in contact with several hundred people before they even start their quarantine.

Exactly what they do! Michael o leary called them out on the exact same thing when it was anounced.
Surely this should have been applied to everyone arriving in the UK during lockdown, which presumably it wasn't as I had read of many flights arriving there. I always remember on the eve of the UK lockdown seeing the news reporter standing outside Heathrow saying that "this is the last flight arriving from Wuhan" :wtf: Apparently the passengers entered the country without any checks at all.

The health checks here sound a bit better. I wonder how long it will take to process an incoming plane?

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:23 am

An investigation showed that most uk virus cases were imported from france and spain in feb and march. If they had shut the borders in march like other euro countries they would have stopped alot of infections.