Coronavirus

For tips, tricks and secrets on good health, beauty, fitness and sport join this forum.
peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Re: Coronavirus

Postby peteroldracer » Tue Jul 28, 2020 1:14 pm

It is looking more and more that the wisest ones are those who decided this was not the year to go anywhere...and I exclude ourselves from the wise, as we are in Yorkshire, wondering if we will ever get back! The weather is more tolerable but adherence to guidelines patchy at best - we felt safer in Murcia.
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Tue Jul 28, 2020 1:51 pm

It is called NOT working from home. I have a few examples.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:28 pm

peteroldracer wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 4:37 pm In Murcia I got 2 free masks once, refused to give me any more since. rules unclear!
Free masks doesn't seem to be going well in some areas. Some farmacias ran out the first day.

https://elpais.com/sociedad/2020-07-24/ ... ucion.html

olive
Andalucia Guru

Postby olive » Sun Aug 02, 2020 1:15 pm

Unsurprisingly the real death toll from CV 19 in Spain is 44,000 looking at excess deaths. Source El Pais

firsttango
Andalucia Guru

Postby firsttango » Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:52 pm

Quite encouraging that week ending 31st July (Friday) Andalucia recorded only 1 Death attributed to Covid 19 over the previous 7 day period.And that death was in Cordoba.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:04 pm

olive wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 1:15 pm Unsurprisingly the real death toll from CV 19 in Spain is 44,000 looking at excess deaths. Source El Pais
Officially it is stuck at just over 28000! All a farce now in most countries. The spikes are just increased testing and 70/80% are asymptomatic. Restrictions are a joke as most people disregard them. Spain looks like a good location for Brits, nice and quiet, even in Benalmadeeena. Even 24 hour square is dead. No need to bother about quarantine when arriving back in UK as no one gives a *beep*, impossible to Police.

Only problem is airlines cancelling flights and some are even flying out empty to pick up passengers. A mess.

Germany has been demonstrating about the enforcement of masks, Holland sensibly has said there is no evidence they serve any purpose.

shadowmother

Re: Coronavirus party numbers

Postby shadowmother » Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:15 am

Does anyone know the numbers of people allowed to a birthday party at the moment in Andalucía?
I have been Googling in Spanish and English but failed to find current information.
Thanks in advance

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:02 am

Probably best to ask at your local town hall as I believe the rules might vary according to where, in Andalucia, you live.
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:07 pm

Keep an eye out for a spike around Nerja - I have just read that two of the bridge clubs have been playing, despite all the risks inherent in sitting 4 to a table, handling playing cards, bidding cards, and being in closed rooms. Nerja Bridge Club restarted on the 3rd July (!) and Trumps on the 3rd August.
Many of the players live outside the Nerja municipality so will have crossed what I thought were no-go boundaries, and most are of vulnerable age.
When it is easy to play bridge online this seems unwise of them if not completely mad.

Free at Last
Resident

Postby Free at Last » Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:55 pm

What boundaries? With the exception of a few towns in Catalunya and Aragón where lockdown has been reintroduced, people are free to travel all around Spain and haven't been confined to their own municipality since we got into Phase 3 which was months ago.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:27 pm

I also wondered what boundaries Peter meant. With all the tourists here and restaurants full, I don't see there's that much danger in playing bridge. We've been meeting friends in their homes and at restaurants for some time now, so no different to sitting at a table playing cards.

I am slightly more concerned that hygiene in shops seems to be more lax now. Few food shops have gloves available, even in the veg and fruit section. I never see trolley handles being cleaned and there's no paper to wipe them with available. Apart from everyone wearing masks, handgel at the entrance to shops and social distancing when queuing, things seem very much back to normal.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:29 pm

Some numbers from the last week

Marbella, con 124 positivos, seguido de Fuengirola (18), Estepona (14), Torremolinos (10) y Benalmádena (siete). En el distrito de Málaga se han notificado 57 contagios mediante PCR en los últimos siete días (todos en la capital). En el distrito del Guadalhorce, 12; en el de La Vega, 5; en el de la Serranía, 5 y en el de la Axarquía, 4.

Theres been one new case in nerja. A staff member at a bar on i think tutti frutti? . Neverheard of the place myself and pepe moles restaurants had to close as the owners daughter who doesnt live in nerja and they havnt seen for ages tested positive. They were due to reopen today

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:49 pm

If you do not see the risks of bridge you cannot be a card player....usually clubs play 27 hands in a session, so the cards are predealt into carriers that pass from table to table. Players take the cards out of their pocket on the carrier, manually count them, sort them into suits and value. They then select a ticket to say what their bid is, laying this on the table in front of themselves...each player does this in turn until the contract is agreed. One player places their cards on the table in front of themselves (the dummy) and cards are led and played in turn, so each player has handled 13 cards. At the end of the play the cards are hand-shuffled and put back into the correct pocket on the carrier and the score entered into a machine. This process is repeated for e.g. 3 hands, then one pair moves to another table and it alll starts again.
So, you have people licking the tipos of their fingers to aid card handling, touching of foreheads in concentration, movement in restricted places to change table.....it is digfficult to think of a better way to spread disease.

firsttango
Andalucia Guru

Postby firsttango » Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:26 pm

But what/where are these no go boundaries you talk of?

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Fri Aug 07, 2020 1:01 pm

elusive wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:29 pm
Theres been one new case in nerja. A staff member at a bar on i think tutti frutti? . Neverheard of the place myself and pepe moles restaurants had to close as the owners daughter who doesnt live in nerja and they havnt seen for ages tested positive. They were due to reopen today
Apparently the restaurants are Pepe Moles in Chaparil, Obelix in Tutti Frutti and Restaurant Turry in Plaza Marinas.

The official count went up from 1 to 2 but with track and trace I would expect them to identify more cases soon.

Sid

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Fri Aug 07, 2020 2:09 pm

Yeah pepes was pretty much a non story as the daughter doesnt live local and her parents hadnt seen her in a good while but the law still required them to close and isolate. Hadnt heard about turry. You would expect them to be more cases.unless you were very lucky. how many yonger ones have it and dont even realise

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Sun Aug 09, 2020 4:50 pm

Not behind the paywall and the 'comments' are also worth a read.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/0 ... got-right/

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Sun Aug 09, 2020 6:50 pm

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.euro ... tugal/amp/

Euroweekly are claiming one of its reporters have spoken to ministers and they have said if the rates continue to rise then a three phase lockdown will come in on sept 18.

Devils Advocate
Andalucia Guru

Postby Devils Advocate » Sun Aug 09, 2020 7:06 pm

As more people are tested then more positives will be recorded, however it's nailed on we'll suffer once again this Autumn and winter whatever happens.
Property owner in Andalucia since 2002. How time flies.

firsttango
Andalucia Guru

Postby firsttango » Sun Aug 09, 2020 7:19 pm

elusive wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 6:50 pm https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.euro ... tugal/amp/

Euroweekly are claiming one of its reporters have spoken to ministers and they have said if the rates continue to rise then a three phase lockdown will come in on sept 18.
Totally Fake News........its been all over Social Media as such since early this morning

https://www.facebook.com/DrivingSpain/p ... =3&theater