Coronavirus

For tips, tricks and secrets on good health, beauty, fitness and sport join this forum.
katy
Andalucia Guru

Re: Coronavirus

Postby katy » Fri Nov 06, 2020 3:51 pm

firsttango wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 8:20 pm Sort this out once and for all - Sikora & Heneghan vs Whitty & Valance - Live TV debate - gloves off - let the people decide - Add Matt Hancock into the mix to try and justify his stance once the real facts are told.
I would like to see that. I don't trust any figures anymore. I did read that Whitty was only given his job in November with the comment that it raised many eyebrows. I looked at his record on Wiki. Some work with Ebola, nothing outstanding. A lot of his time seems to have been spent visiting universities lecturing on lesbian, Gay and transgender issues.

See Spain has revised it's death figures upwards too. Then there is the whistleblower Nurse in Cornwall who along with saying she has had not had work for 3 weeks, they have shut Cornwall down for 3 patients. The hospitals have contradicted her and said it is 4 :roll: She also states that all flu deaths are being counted as Covid.

Strange there hasn't been many photos of people lying in corridors like last time, remember the ones in London and Madrid.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Fri Nov 06, 2020 4:19 pm

They are desperate to justify their actions. I would like to know what Sánchez, Johnson, Merkel and all other complicit and corrupt world leaders have been promised in return for perpetuating this scam and deliberately wrecking the economies of their respective countries.

firsttango
Andalucia Guru

Postby firsttango » Fri Nov 06, 2020 5:24 pm

I think Boris has Stockholm syndrome, whenever I see him do these briefings he resembles someone whose entire family are being held at gun point just off camera. :lol:

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Sat Nov 07, 2020 1:43 am

A live tv debate would certainly be interesting and it would set the cat amongst the pigeons for sure...On another note, how is the track and trace working out in Andalucía or Spain as a whole? I guess unless anyone has had any direct experience of it then they won't be able to say except for what the media has so far reported. I hope it is working out better than it is in the Uk, so far it's a shambles and is costing millions..I know they were talking on the phone to my daughter for around 20mins, they asked if she had used the track and trace link which they had sent to her phone, she told them that she couldn't access the webpage because of errors, the person said "ah yes people are having problems with it"...She was then taken through an identity check and was given advice about what changes to look out for etc, they also asked about her profession and where she had been the previous 2 days before her symptoms appeared. At no point did they ask for contact details of the people she knew she had been close to.( she is a mobile hairdresser) She was uneasy and decided to contact them herself to alert them but i have no idea if any of them decide to self isolate.So much for track and trace.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Sat Nov 07, 2020 5:29 am

Track and trace is not working in most countries, even Germany. Why would it when most sensible people haven’t downloaded it. A lot of restaurants are trying to pressurise us to do it. I just say I don’t have a phone.
When we came back from France I missed their check up call and they never called again. OH answered his and there is just a warning script to stay home.

Now seems like lockdown light here. Local hardware shop is open but wasn’t last time. Waitrose has removed its Security guards. All the shop workers are still the same ones who have been working and mixing with the public since the virus emerged.

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Sat Nov 07, 2020 8:19 am

Loved the video, Beachcomber. He was playing the Bangles song, ‘Eternal Love’ which shows he has a great sense of humour along with his tranquillity. Brilliant.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Sat Nov 07, 2020 8:37 am

It reminded me of an TV advert from years ago when all kinds of mayhem was going on in the background and something soft and gentle was being promoted in the foreground. The only problem is that I cannot remember what was being advertised. If I knew who that busker was I would send him a donation. It made my day!

As far as track and trace is concerned, how was it ever going to work? Most sane people would probably never download it and every single one of my elderly campesino neighbours has a non smart phone (if they have one at all).

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Track and trace is pretty impossible because of the amount of cafes and barsRe: Coronavirus

Postby elusive » Sat Nov 07, 2020 9:29 am

Track and trace is pretty impossible interms of bars etc because of the amount of them. In the uk you were having to give contact details on entry or booking and were contacted if anyone who was there when you were tested positive. Imagine that here!

Mass testing is the only thing that will make a difference but its 6 months to late. You have to look at countries like korea. They are starting to do some. In periana for example. 500 tests one positive

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Sat Nov 07, 2020 10:00 am

Mass testing? Whilst the mainstream media is lauding the Slovak government for its mass testing program here is a plea from a Slovak citizen which was posted on a Telegram channel which is not subject to the same censorship regime as Fakebook and Tvvatter. Make of it what you will. I make no apologies for sharing it:

Call to the international community!
We are addressing the international community of all of your citizens following message. The Slovak Republic has become the scene of a monstrous mass experiment on human lives. On October 31, 2020, government of the Slovak Prime Minister Igor Matovič’s under various threats and intimidation, drove people like cattle for nationwide testing at COVID-19, experimental antigen tests, not approved by the Slovak State Institute for Drug Control and not registered in any country and therefore no one is responsible for its safety! The World Healthy Organization WHO granted to the test kit an exemption for the experiment on Slovak citizens. Testing is also performed by veterinarians!

In a pilot test conducted last week in Slovak city Bardejov, serious illnesses occurred immediately after testing, and after a forced mass assembly, they also contracted other illnesses such as influenza and COVID-19. The Government of the Slovak Republic mobilized the Slovak army and police and invited foreign troops from Austria and Hungary and there were seen also troop of US Army uniforms were captured. Those who refused to take the tests, will be excluded from life, will be imprisoned under house arrest, will not be allowed to work, will not be allowed to buy food or medicine.The world needs to know what’s going on. Slovak citizens became the victims of Mengele ‘s experiments and live genocide
Today we are the victime, but if we citizens of the whole world do not revolt, you will be the victime tomorrow. Please share, sign petitions, protest, defend yourself, today it is testing, tomorrow should be the vaccination!

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Sat Nov 07, 2020 10:04 am

If I had gone on my planned trip to the Canaries in a couple of weeks, I would have to provide a negative Covid test plus be expected to download the tracing app. I really don't think they're effective and a waste of government money.

olive
Andalucia Guru

Postby olive » Sat Nov 07, 2020 10:07 am

What is needed is a tester per household. One that can do repeat tests.

I read somewhere that the UK intends mass vaccination in December ( possibly with a financial incentive) In November they intend vaccinating front line staff and the over 85s. Of course that raises all manner of questions. What do you do with ‘conscientious objectors’? What incentive would encourage Beachcomber? :wtf: Has the vaccine been fully tested .

Meanwhile elsewhere in North Europe, mink farms are culling vast numbers of farmed mink because they have got CV ( from humans) . Apparently they have then given some 4 lucky humans a genetically modified version of CV. Mankind has some way to go to atone for what we have done to our planet

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Sat Nov 07, 2020 10:24 am

There is no incentive that would encourage me. They would have to put me in a straight jacket or chain me to a bed. Let's make the politicians have it first and wait to see what happens to them. Only a few weeks ago we were reading of deaths and serious complications from vaccine trials now they are saying that everyone can have it for Christmas:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... roach.html

'Honesty'??? They don't know the meaning of the word.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Sat Nov 07, 2020 10:55 am

Must admit I'm with you on this one Beach. I really don't fancy it at all as I feel it's being rushed through and the vaccine producers just want to make a huge sum of money in selling it to the world. I react badly to medicines at the best of times and do not want to be a guinea pig for this.

olive
Andalucia Guru

Postby olive » Sat Nov 07, 2020 11:24 am

Beachcomber wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 10:24 am There is no incentive that would encourage me. They would have to put me in a straight jacket or chain me to a bed. Let's make the politicians have it first and wait to see what happens to them. Only a few weeks ago we were reading of deaths and serious complications from vaccine trials now they are saying that everyone can have it for Christmas:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... roach.html

'Honesty'??? They don't know the meaning of the word.
How about a free ticket for el gordo lottery per family member?

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Sat Nov 07, 2020 11:33 am

I would never gamble with my life or that of my wife. Taking the vaccine would be like playing Russian Roulette.

olive
Andalucia Guru

Postby olive » Sat Nov 07, 2020 11:49 am

I guess the various governmental advisers will be working on models to get maximum vaccination percent. Maybe they will have to have bigger incentives.

firsttango
Andalucia Guru

Postby firsttango » Sat Nov 07, 2020 11:55 am

Very suitable in the circumstances

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRuS3dxKK9U&t=1s

firsttango
Andalucia Guru

Postby firsttango » Sat Nov 07, 2020 12:00 pm

Incentive to have a vaccine thats only been around a few months? Not a chance, but they'll have their work cut out as there are plenty of terminally stupid people around that will be queuing up for it no doubt.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Sat Nov 07, 2020 12:48 pm

olive wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 11:49 am I guess the various governmental advisers will be working on models to get maximum vaccination percent. Maybe they will have to have bigger incentives.
There's no price that would make it worth risking my health. Some prescription drugs I've been given make me feel so ill, and they've been supposedly tested and have been around for years. I only have to Google the latest lot tried on me to find loads of posts from people complaining bitterly of terrible and long lasting side effects that go back years. I would rather risk getting Covid that have the vaccine in the short term.

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Sat Nov 07, 2020 12:59 pm

katy wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 5:29 am Track and trace is not working in most countries, even Germany. Why would it when most sensible people haven’t downloaded it. A lot of restaurants are trying to pressurise us to do it. I just say I don’t have a phone.
When we came back from France I missed their check up call and they never called again. OH answered his and there is just a warning script to stay home.

Now seems like lockdown light here. Local hardware shop is open but wasn’t last time. Waitrose has removed its Security guards. All the shop workers are still the same ones who have been working and mixing with the public since the virus emerged.
I agree it's not working but they still insist on throwing millions at it...We went as family of 9 adults & 2 kids to our property in Granada province in late August and when we returned only 2 of us got a call from track and trace..At first they left a text message to say they would call the next day, as you say when they called it was just a warning script..