Coronavirus

For tips, tricks and secrets on good health, beauty, fitness and sport join this forum.
olive
Andalucia Guru

Re: Coronavirus

Postby olive » Fri Jan 08, 2021 3:24 pm

EU has just bought another 300 million doses of the BionTech Pfizer vaccine. There is a rolling profile of when they come available. This is for the EU.

Regarding possibility of wrong second jab. Surely that is just down to record keeping. Fingers crossed.

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Fri Jan 08, 2021 3:58 pm

I think it is also about the confidence in the patient in the people organising and administering the inoculations. So far, I think a great many people feel very, very nervous of the whole thing. I don’t mean any of the old discussions about COVID-19. We were told the Pfizer jab needed two doses x days apart. Now those goalposts have moved because of logistical reasons. Not medical reasons. That is worrying. Then another vaccine was x% effective, then -x% and now +x% if taken in two doses. It is confusing. Within days of two new mutations various vaccines have been declared effective against them. Really?

This is against the background of the vaccine only helping to fight the symptoms. It does not stop a person catching it nor passing it on. People are weary of confusion, misinformation and downright lies.

I think the reasons why the inoculation programme will not make the targets is because a percentage of people simply will not turn up when it is their turn to be jabbed. I think I read that the highest group of people who have already said they will not be inoculated is the women in the 20-40 age bracket. Their fears are for future pregnancies and future babies. Obviously. There are no statistics on the trails for that group yet as no trials have been conducted. Not that real numbers and real demographics will ever be released anyway but the whole thing from start to finish is a huge mess.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Fri Jan 08, 2021 4:03 pm

olive wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 3:24 pm Regarding possibility of wrong second jab. Surely that is just down to record keeping. Fingers crossed.
No, it seems to be the policy of the UK government. See my previous link:

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/01/heal ... itain.html

And just to reiterate the danger of such a policy:

https://www.businessinsider.in/science/ ... 121913.cms

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Fri Jan 08, 2021 4:04 pm

I rest my case.

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Fri Jan 08, 2021 6:29 pm

katy wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:40 pm
costakid wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:56 am
Beachcomber wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:36 am Costakid, when was the NHS privatised?
HA HA, Its not but do you think it is right for someone to film you sitting in A and E in distress and put it all over the internet. I don't and i bet 99% on this forum do not either.
The video did not show peoples faces.

The clip from Gloucester hospital did and thats why she was arrested and prosecuted.

olive
Andalucia Guru

Postby olive » Fri Jan 08, 2021 7:11 pm

Point taken about mix and match!

Interesting how the UK are trying to keep the South Africa variant ( that the vaccines might not work on) out. I read that the EU are considering similar measures.

The British variant was tracked back to a case in Autumn. How many new variants are there out there in the world just developing? It doesn’t bode well for international travel

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Fri Jan 08, 2021 7:17 pm

It doesn't bode well for anything and if they are going to flip every time there is another variant then i don't know what the future is going to look like.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:13 pm

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:17 pm

Just had an update from my friend in Torquay which is close to where my parents live. The hospital is receiving Covid cases from hospitals elsewhere in the country that are full. No mention of Nightingale hospitals. So, people stay at home as advised by the government. Meanwhile Covid people are transported by NHS staff, ambulance people, ambulance vehicles, etc to go to a hospital that is not overrun with Covid — but soon will be. How is this sensible?

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:52 pm

Lavanda wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:17 pm Meanwhile Covid people are transported by NHS staff, ambulance people, ambulance vehicles, etc to go to a hospital that is not overrun with Covid — but soon will be. How is this sensible?
Absolute madness

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:59 pm

It is called saving the NHS same as being expected to sit at home and not bother when a cancer operation is cancelled. Appears to be ok to die of anything as long as it isn't covid. The slogan is back in all government propaganda now. should be renamed the NCS

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:46 pm

The nightingales were just P.R B.S. they knew they never had the staff to work in them. More important that an 85 year old gets to survive covid and live until they are 90 than a 40 year old getting their cancer treatment.

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 7:19 pm

Totaly agree but the media does not seem to shout loud enough about this subject.They are too busy looking for Harry and Meghan stories.What kind of a world are we living in..Society are no different, too many unconcerned i'm all right jacks who don't realise it could happen to them or a member of their family...

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:09 pm

Elusive, that is so true and just about sums up the insanity of all of this.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:19 pm

I think the media is getting a lot of money from the Government for their propaganda adverts. Yesterday the Sunday Times hard copy had two full pages of them.

Agree Elusive. I think front line workers should be priority (including supermarket staff who have worked throughout). However, rumours that NHS admin staff, some working from home are getting the vaccs. Causing arguments all around the world. Germany accused of getting more than their share, some slamming Israel. Leyden accused of messing up.

Paddy Pumpkin
Resident

Postby Paddy Pumpkin » Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:59 am

I would be interested to know if there is a cancer that within 6 weeks of getting it kills 20% of patients in any age group

https://www.statista.com/statistics/110 ... ain-march/

Does anyone know of any?

firsttango
Andalucia Guru

Postby firsttango » Tue Jan 12, 2021 12:20 pm

Even less deadly this time round for under 60's

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... -wave.html

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:32 pm

olive wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 7:11 pm Point taken about mix and match!

Interesting how the UK are trying to keep the South Africa variant ( that the vaccines might not work on) out. I read that the EU are considering similar measures.

The British variant was tracked back to a case in Autumn. How many new variants are there out there in the world just developing? It doesn’t bode well for international travel
I fear the UK will be banned from everywhere this year, even if all the nation was vaccinated. The advanced UK system that detected the new variant has now become ours! Not much said about the Denmark one now. Have noticed in the foreign press the terms used. In Spain the press call it "La cepa Britanica. France media it is virus Anglaterre and yesterday Merkel called it the British virus. Yet if anyone refers to it as the Chines virus it's "Raycist" :wtf:

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:59 pm

I disagree Katy because they already have the new variant in their own countries so banning the Uk from bringing it in is too late.

Paddy Pumpkin
Resident

Postby Paddy Pumpkin » Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:07 pm

Spanish press just getting their own back for the fact that the origin of the Spanish flu was not Spain. It got it's name because Spain was the only country in the region who wasn't at war so actually reported that it existed. 100 years later at Spain is still tarred with the name.