Coronavirus

For tips, tricks and secrets on good health, beauty, fitness and sport join this forum.
Paddy Pumpkin
Resident

Re: Coronavirus

Postby Paddy Pumpkin » Thu Mar 04, 2021 9:40 am

elusive wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:32 pm 6 people can meet up now instead of 4 according the latest junta meeting.and areas in level 2 or less shops,restaurants etc can open till 21.30. Supposedly announcing the levels tomorrow

This is the criteria for determining the levels
Screenshot_20210304-093548_WhatsApp.jpg
Though I have no idea how that criteria is used to determine which level an area is in.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Thu Mar 04, 2021 11:16 am

I read this today:
The Andalusian government wants to avoid a repeat of the Christmas situation. It is true that the figures have fallen compared to the peak of the third wave. But then the figures were extremely high. To put the data into perspective, it is enough to point out that between the second and third waves the incidence dropped to a very similar level to the current one. Relaxing the measures then increased tenfold the variable that measures the speed and severity of the pandemic.

I think they will be very cautious about Easter. Normally every weekend people come down to their holiday homes from Cordoba and Easter is usually very busy here with visitors, but that's when the infections seem to really rise.

andalucia
Site Admin

Postby andalucia » Fri Mar 05, 2021 3:50 pm

Dear Members,

The Andalucia Corona Virus page was created on Tuesday 10th March 2020 and has been updated about 600 times since then.
https://www.andalucia.com/health/coronavirus

By pure coincidence this 'Coronavirus' thread was started by member markwilding the same day.
This thread has been posted to nearly 2.500 times over the last year.

The page, updated several times a day has become a ‘go to’ page for Coronavirus news and statistics of interest to those living or travelling to the Costa de Sol and Andalucia. Its mission is to inform by reporting the overall status and not to ‘clickbait’ by ‘cherry-picking’ headlines from the daily statistics.

The page is viewed about 20,000 times a week.
At any moment there are between 10 and 30 people reading the page.
The average time spent reading the page is 4min 05sec.

In January 2021 it received 116,000 page views and the readers were from
Spain 69.000
UK 18.000
Ireland 4.000
Scandinavia 2.000 (each country)
Holland, Germany and Belgium 1.500 (each country)

(Stats from Google Analytics referring to the principal Coronavirus page, not the 25 coronavirus sub-pages.)

Admin,

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Fri Mar 05, 2021 6:40 pm

Moreno says theres a possibility of opening up the provinces for easter

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/sevilla. ... a_amp.html

olive
Andalucia Guru

Postby olive » Fri Mar 05, 2021 7:36 pm

Good resource.

I can’t be the only person who finds the restrictions bewildering.

Wicksey. Do you or anyone else feel we are heading headlong for a showdown?

We have got the UK with irreversible path out of lockdown, folk booking foreign holidays, vaccine promising “ invincibility”.

On the other hand we here have Easter coming and then Mayday with all the social gathering , still no sign of when we can have more freedom e.g. inter province travel and yet talk of receiving tourists. It all seems premature.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:30 pm

Amazing that 69,000 read A.Com in Spain. I think all the lockdown rules in most countries are confusing. I booked a few days short break in a UK spa hotel thinking we were “allowed” only to see on the hotel site that only open for essential workers and anyone else turning up will be turned away! Apparently on those dates we are free to go holiday if self catering but not hotels, I don’t do self catering :evil:

Lots of adverts oh UK TV earlier for summer holidays. Ryanair from£19.99, Saudis Arabia and Greece too. Suppose they just want to get in some money.

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:31 pm

Had this been last year we wouldn't still be locked down..Looking back they mostly tested people who went into hospital, everyone else who had symptoms were told to stay at home, no one knew how many cases there were and todays figure of almost 6.000 cases would hardly of registered.How things have changed.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Sat Mar 06, 2021 12:35 am

I wonder why anyone continues to use track and trace. People who are not ill queuing to be tested, crazy. Also testing school children is like child abuse. Said today that deaths are now less than average year but they will find some excuse to explain why.

Come Autumn there will be another round or two of jabs.

Paddy Pumpkin
Resident

Postby Paddy Pumpkin » Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:15 am

Comparing the discomfort of someone having a swab in their nose or throat with child abuse is deeply disrespectful of anyone who has suffered child abuse

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Sat Mar 06, 2021 11:54 am

olive wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 7:36 pm Good resource.
I can’t be the only person who finds the restrictions bewildering
Wicksey. Do you or anyone else feel we are heading headlong for a showdown?
We have got the UK with irreversible path out of lockdown, folk booking foreign holidays, vaccine promising “ invincibility”.
On the other hand we here have Easter coming and then Mayday with all the social gathering , still no sign of when we can have more freedom e.g. inter province travel and yet talk of receiving tourists. It all seems premature.
Elusive's link shows that they want to open province borders but all regional borders are to remain shut over Easter with a 10pm-6am curfew. http://www.surinenglish.com/national/20 ... 91515.html
They say they don't want a fourth wave but here the majority of visitors at weekends/Easter etc (when not in lockdown) are from inland provinces I think, particularly Cordoba, so even if the parades are all cancelled I would imagine that people will flood down to the coast if they're allowed to.

I think we have a better system here of monitoring the numbers and opening or closing municipalities as necessary week by week, even though I find it difficult to keep up sometimes! I was surprised that Boris set dates as he kept saying data not dates. Of course, even though they are subject to change, people in the UK are going mad booking holidays and making plans for the 'end of lockdown'. Woe betide if he has to put back any of these dates.

I think the big test will come later this year in the autumn when the virus seems to come back. If you look at the graphs of deaths, they naturally seemed to reduce last year in the summer without any vaccines. The current drop in cases/deaths here and in the UK could be more down to lockdown than anything else. As Christmas has shown, as soon as there's any relaxing of the rules there seems to be another spike in cases. I can't imagine that the mask rule here will be changed any time soon either and I cannot see that many people from the UK will relish coming here if they have to wear them all the time. When you read the whinging comments in the UK papers, they won't wear them half the time there, let along on holiday.

olive
Andalucia Guru

Postby olive » Sat Mar 06, 2021 12:13 pm

Here is something from Granada.

https://www.ideal.es/andalucia/junta-fa ... 17-nt.html

I have to say , I agree the province borders should stay shut till 2 May. Our Spanish friends are just dying? to have family reunions understandably. 1 st May everyone goes to the countryside and feasts and drinks and mixes. The Romeria site outside Loja normally has hundreds maybe thousands in groups under trees.

As far as UK is concerned, I thought this coming out of lockdown was irreversible . The only thing that might vary are the dates. Surely Europe will follow suit at maybe two months later. The world economy and society cannot live in permanent lockdown.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Sat Mar 06, 2021 12:29 pm

Sixteen states of the USA have dumped lockdowns and mask requirements. It started with Texas and Florida and the rest have followed and Argentina has seen huge riots and demonstrations against 'health dictatorship'.

Hopefully this may be the start of the revelation of the grand hoax and it's associated high level corruption and web of lies and deceit.

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Sat Mar 06, 2021 12:39 pm

I think you are right Wicksey about the drop in cases being due to lockdowns..As the vaccination programs pick up pace we should expect to see less case numbers and the initial reason for locking down to protect the NHS should no longer be an issue if the vaccines do what they say on the tin..Then we may see people with other illnesses and those who have been waiting for surgery start to get somewhere at last..Many have waited long enough and they are mentally drained.
Hoping for better times and more positivity.. :thumbup:

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Sat Mar 06, 2021 1:20 pm

Paddy Pumpkin wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:15 am Comparing the discomfort of someone having a swab in their nose or throat with child abuse is deeply disrespectful of anyone who has suffered child abuse
There are many forms of child abuse...take your wokery elsewhere. :roll:

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Sat Mar 06, 2021 1:24 pm

Beachcomber wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 12:29 pm Sixteen states of the USA have dumped lockdowns and mask requirements. It started with Texas and Florida and the rest have followed and Argentina has seen huge riots and demonstrations against 'health dictatorship'.

Hopefully this may be the start of the revelation of the grand hoax and it's associated high level corruption and web of lies and deceit.
Masks don't work anyway. Everytime someone talks in them they start to slip down off their nose. Sometimes I am mesmerised watching Politicians etc. keep trying to push up the mask but in theory the damage is already done. They can't even manage to find a decent fitting mask for Biden, he is one of the main mask slippers :lol:

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Sat Mar 06, 2021 1:44 pm

katy wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 1:24 pm
Masks don't work anyway. Everytime someone talks in them they start to slip down off their nose. Sometimes I am mesmerised watching Politicians etc. keep trying to push up the mask but in theory the damage is already done. They can't even manage to find a decent fitting mask for Biden, he is one of the main mask slippers :lol:
That doesn't mean they don't work or at least reduce the possibility of passing the virus on. Many things don't work if not used correctly. While I would say here in Spain the majority wear them as they should, Obviously, there are some who don't.

You only have to blow out while wearing one then do the same with it off to compare the difference and that they block a lot of air and drops coming out of the mouth.
Last edited by markwilding on Sat Mar 06, 2021 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Sat Mar 06, 2021 1:58 pm

When I went to Worthing hospital I was asked to change my mask for one of theirs. Apparently there are millions that are fraudulent and useless.

Paddy Pumpkin
Resident

Postby Paddy Pumpkin » Sat Mar 06, 2021 3:57 pm

There are billions of masks that do work. Short of living in a sealed bubble nothing is perfect, but every little helps.

Paddy Pumpkin
Resident

Postby Paddy Pumpkin » Sat Mar 06, 2021 4:07 pm

Beachcomber wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 12:29 pm Sixteen states of the USA have dumped lockdowns and mask requirements. It started with Texas and Florida and the rest have followed and Argentina has seen huge riots and demonstrations against 'health dictatorship'.

There have been large protests, but no riots, in Brazil against the governments lack of action against Covid and the dictatorial attitude of the leadership that has resulted in thousands of deaths.

Hopefully this is that start of the governments in denial understanding that Covid is not a hoax and that the leadership have lied to the public

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Sat Mar 06, 2021 4:42 pm

Paddy Pumpkin wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 3:57 pm There are billions of masks that do work.
Mercadona is now selling FFP2 medical grade masks for under €1 each. The Spanish government has been looking at recommending them instead of the cheap surgical masks.

The masks that you must not use are the ones with exit valves on them as while they protect you they don’t filter your breath. They are designed to be used as dust masks. They are sometimes used in Covid wards as you are unlikely to infect a patient that already has Covid.

Sid