Coronavirus

For tips, tricks and secrets on good health, beauty, fitness and sport join this forum.
olive
Andalucia Guru

Re: Coronavirus

Postby olive » Tue Apr 14, 2020 11:50 am

The situation with care homes across Europe isn't new news. Weeks ago there was one in Madrid with allegedly 17 dead and the staff had perhaps understandably run away. UK media have picked up on it as todays sensational story to whip the populace up into a frenzy over.

I keep tussling with "governments have a plan" and they are "just making it up" as they go along. We are all armchair experts and so should the people running institutions be. Regarding care homes, surely early on the right thing to have done would be to reduce visitors to zero, have staff live in, pay more and order PPE. There was plenty of advance warning available on TV about what was happening in Italy and then Spain and crucially what measures they were taking. Looking at the UK response regarding supermarkets it was truly lamentable. Why didn't the government talk with the heads of the supermarkets and say from this date introduce social distancing, issue gloves, sanitise the trolleys, one way isles, card only. Instead they just did their own thing presumably fearful of alienating and losing customer base. Maybe it is all actually part of the plan e.g. We are going to have casualties between X and Y , the key thing is just to keep the nhs functioning.

One good thing Morrisons have done is what I hoped for. Food boxes. Five types all about £30 delivered and crucially you do not have to hope for a slot for delivery or click and collect. I have our first coming sometime today and that will be great.

Sadly we are now pretty low on just about everything. The good news is that I managed to get a click and collect slot 12 till 2. The bad news is that it is Stockton on Tees. 110 mins each way. So is it best to "risk" driving over the Yorkshire moors all that way or "risk" going into a supermarket for quite sometime in an environment full of folk , many of which still believe it is "only batflu"

olive
Andalucia Guru

Postby olive » Tue Apr 14, 2020 12:03 pm

Interesting article in ElPais in English about the limited return to work in Spain.

https://english.elpais.com/economy_and_ ... rkers.html

A couple of interesting references.
"A private car is also an option, but the guide adds that utmost care must be taken to clean the vehicle, and that no more than one person should be in the front and back seats. The same recommendation is given for workers who take taxis or use ride-hailing services like Uber." I presume by clean the vehicle they are saying wash /wipe anywhere a person or things like lunchbox has been. Steering wheel , door handles, seats and so on.

" The guide recommends that workers wash their work clothes or uniform in a “complete cycle in a temperature between 60ºC and 90ºC.” These clothes should be taken off at the end of the shift and carried in a closed and sealed bag to their normal laundry." I wonder how many people ,workers or otherwise will be doing this? We are quite used to this at this time of the year because of issues with pollen.

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Tue Apr 14, 2020 12:12 pm

My aunt died a couple of weeks ago in a care home. The family are not blaming Coronavirus because it was due to cancer.

It is possible to blame Coronavirus if people could have lived longer even with underlying health problems

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Tue Apr 14, 2020 1:03 pm

There is an article here regarding the list of activities that can be carried out supposedly published by the Guardia Civil:

https://maldita.es/malditobulo/2020/04/ ... do-alarma/

I have never heard of maldita.es before but it claims quite clearly that this is not an official Guardia Civil publication.

POR did you get this from the N332 Facebook page by any chance? If so, it is not the first time that the Guardia Civil in Javea have given information that is totally at odds with that of the rest of the country

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Tue Apr 14, 2020 1:16 pm

It is from the Guardia Civil, which is not N332.
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

K&LTupper
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby K&LTupper » Tue Apr 14, 2020 1:29 pm

Can confirm what POR quoted is correct as local hairdresser just been to do a Spanish lady opposite. Now gone to do a couple further up the street. She was off to do the wife of a policeman later.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Tue Apr 14, 2020 1:38 pm

El Pais la Ultima hora is useful for official Spanish coranovirus news. very similar to the guardian rolling news one. Very latest stuff with time announced, e.g. one hour ago etc. some interesting comments too.

https://elpais.com/sociedad/2020-04-14/ ... recto.html

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Tue Apr 14, 2020 2:01 pm

Ah ok....then they may as well allow every business to re open....hairdresser going from one house to another..social distancing can't be avoided in hairdressing unless they have arms 2 mtrs long. :lolno:

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Tue Apr 14, 2020 2:12 pm

It would seem that mobile hairdressers may only attend the most vulnerable persons in the community although it is not made very clear:

https://www.larazon.es/economia/2020041 ... ehlvi.html

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Tue Apr 14, 2020 2:36 pm

Pamela1 wrote:
Ah ok....then they may as well allow every business to re open....hairdresser going from one house to another..social distancing can't be avoided in hairdressing unless they have arms 2 mtrs long. :lolno:
Edward sissorshand would be doing good business!

Supposedly at the begining they were allowed to travel to the O.A.Ps etc then they changed the law now its gone back again? Steven ritzen (sp) on his show today on TRE had the offical document from the guardia (what they read off) and was whatsapping it to whoever asked. So if you listen to his show and want a copy you could always whatsapp tom.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Tue Apr 14, 2020 3:24 pm

Here is another article stating that the Guardia Civil document is not official and this is a publication I have heard of. It also shows a screenshot of the Guardia Civil Twitter account in which it disassociates itself from the document:

https://www.larioja.com/la-rioja/corona ... 41-nt.html

I assume 'TRE' is some kind of English language radio station. Perhaps someone should tell them!

Paulinmalaga
Resident

Postby Paulinmalaga » Tue Apr 14, 2020 4:39 pm

If the TRE in question is "Talk Radio Europe" and the Document that they were sending out via whatsapp is an "Unofficial" Guardia document then I expect the relevant Spanish authorities have been in touch with them already.
I So Bella tis you

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Tue Apr 14, 2020 7:22 pm

Yes Talk radio europe. The europe today show. No idea if the doc thats been mentioned on here is what Stephen Ritson was whatsapping. More likely the boletin from what he was saying

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Wed Apr 15, 2020 5:12 pm

As I have said above not into conspiracy theories but this keeps coming up.

Two years ago the US state department raised concerns about a Wuhan laboratory carrying out experiments with bats.

andalucia
Site Admin

Postby andalucia » Wed Apr 15, 2020 9:36 pm

Hi there,

Forum members might be interested in the a table and chart we now update which gives a breakdown of confirmed Coronavirus cases, deaths and patients cured in the 33 Andalucia health districts. This info was only been released a few days ago, previously it was only down to provincial level. For some reason on the Junta Andalucia Instituto Estadisticas y Cartografia statistic website, it is not possible to view previous day's totals. To compile the chart of cases/deaths by district we need to record each day and chart the difference.

Here is the link
https://www.andalucia.com/health/corona ... -andalucia

The Spain / Andalucia data is updated when released (for the previous day at 21.00) about noon each day and the Andalucia / Province / District data mid afternoon.

Keep safe,
Forum Admin

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Wed Apr 15, 2020 10:00 pm

good info Admin.

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Thu Apr 16, 2020 2:45 pm

https://www.euroweeklynews.com/2020/04/ ... PPyzDC3NSU

Is this 'true' and will Andalucia follow?

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Thu Apr 16, 2020 4:15 pm

I saw that Lavanda. Pretty extreme if it's true, and the first I've read of a company actually admitting that it will take a very long time to get back to 'normal'. Just wish they'd allow us to do a bit of exercise each day, particularly as they're now saying about extending lockdown until 11 May.

olive
Andalucia Guru

Postby olive » Thu Apr 16, 2020 4:43 pm

Easyjet today were saying they are losing c 40 million a week and are looking to get back to offering flights by....leaving the middle seat of three empty. So that gives a social distancing of what 30 inches front back and sideways.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Thu Apr 16, 2020 4:58 pm

Not nearly enough space. I think Lavandas link is near the truth. The tourist industry in Spain will lose too much money if it stays open with few customers. Better to close it down temporarily. Same with the airlines, budget prices will disappear if they can only sell 1 in 3 seats or less. The added cost to a family holiday will make it toally unaffordable, especially if people have a high risk of unemployment.

Taking a holiday in your home country will do wonders for the UK holiday industry and similar in other countries.

Sid