Coronavirus

For tips, tricks and secrets on good health, beauty, fitness and sport join this forum.
Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Re: Coronavirus

Postby Pamela1 » Wed Nov 04, 2020 8:34 pm

elusive wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 3:57 pm Its no biggy just presumed you were in spain hence the question about if they had offered you a test and how it works here.
No problem Elusive. :)

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Wed Nov 04, 2020 8:44 pm

Worldometer is showing 1,623 covid19 deaths in Spain today....Is this a misprint? seems a lot of deaths and more in one day than any day since the virus started.

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Wed Nov 04, 2020 8:55 pm

The Spanish news is really depressing
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Wed Nov 04, 2020 9:22 pm

Pamela1 wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 8:34 pm
elusive wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 3:57 pm Its no biggy just presumed you were in spain hence the question about if they had offered you a test and how it works here.
No problem Elusive. :)
:thumbup:

firsttango
Andalucia Guru

Postby firsttango » Wed Nov 04, 2020 9:23 pm

Pamela1 wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 8:44 pm Worldometer is showing 1,623 covid19 deaths in Spain today....Is this a misprint? seems a lot of deaths and more in one day than any day since the virus started.
Worldometer figures are adjusted figures as explained here

https://www.elmundo.es/ciencia-y-salud/ ... b463c.html

As you can see the WHO have an unadjusted actual figure (of sorts) for Nov 4th at 58 deaths

Last edited by firsttango on Wed Nov 04, 2020 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Wed Nov 04, 2020 9:30 pm

267 ish deaths today. They adjust them every so often for missed ones or mistakes etc.

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Wed Nov 04, 2020 10:54 pm

Ah ok, i did think it was an awful big jump compared to previous days....

On another note and a light hearted tale to tell that i thought i'd share with the forum....Today my sister called me to tell me about her day.....She is a taxi driver for a small company in the local town...One of her colleagues was approached by an elderly couple at the rank and asked if he would be a witness at their wedding today at the registry office in the town. They explained that they were supposed to get married tomorrow and that two solicitors were going to be their witnesses but because of the lockdown tomorrow they had brought it forward. They only had one problem and that was the two solicitors couldn't make it today and that was the reason why they were asking him for his help, they also asked if he knew of anyone who would be a second witness...That's where my sister came in, when she took the call from her colleague she thought he was winding her up, they are forever playing jokes on each other, when he said no i'm serious she said "yes of course i will help"
She went along and met up with the elderly couple at 2pm and they all went into the register office, my sister chuckled as she told me when the registrar asked the couple who their witnesses were they said they had no idea because they had just met them. :lolno: :lolno:
After it was over my sister asked if they were now going to have a nice meal somewhere....they said "no, we will probably go home and put our walking boots on and go for a walk" They told her that they had been together 39 yrs and never once thought about getting married but covid had changed all of that.It had made them consider their financial status and they had realised that it would be easier for both if they were married should one of them be infected with covid and take a turn for the worst..
Before they left they thanked them and told them they were very grateful for their help and asked if they wouldn't mind walking with them to their car..they opened the boot and handed them both a large bar of luxury chocolate, a bottle of champagne each and two envelopes which they didn't open until after they left, inside was £60...Neither of them had expected anything, they were just happy to have been of help..I found her story amusing and also heart warming. :)

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Thu Nov 05, 2020 12:57 pm

The higher number of deaths are probably from seasonal flu falsely attributed to covid. The have to keep up the pretence somehow.

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:16 pm

Nice sane, rational and friendly story, Pamela1. Thanks.

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:18 pm

Anyone else see the video as Teressa May wiped the floor with the UK statistics that sent the country into lockdown?
She's not a daft as people throught.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:24 pm

A neighbour has just tested positive after going into hospital because of a pre excisting chest condition. Holiday home home owners who we have hardly seen since they arrived a good month plus ago. Hardly been out either compaired to normal so heck knows where they got it from.Yet their other half hasnt tested postive. Like what pamela was saying. Very odd. Supposedly been discharged in a day or two so i guess they arent ill with it either

firsttango
Andalucia Guru

Postby firsttango » Thu Nov 05, 2020 2:25 pm

A very good chance its a "false positive"......there's an awful lot of them about apparently

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Thu Nov 05, 2020 3:23 pm

Maybe. Ive no idea. But its not like they have been out and about much so it is abit odd Hes in a private hospital on the cds. I think they do the pcr test here so supposedly more legit?

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Thu Nov 05, 2020 4:18 pm

If you are going to be admitted to hospital, you have to have a PCR test. I had one last week the day before I was admitted. It's the same in the UK.

Sid

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Thu Nov 05, 2020 4:33 pm

Same here when I was admitted for an operation.
When my wife went to the same hospital for an echoendoscope she didn't have a PCR test but she was only there for a few hours and was not admitted as a patient.
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Thu Nov 05, 2020 6:06 pm

Beachcomber wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 12:57 pm The higher number of deaths are probably from seasonal flu falsely attributed to covid. The have to keep up the pretence somehow.
Yes that is what most people think. Same as the UK figure that the NHS was at 82% capacity. Maybe but it was over 90% last year pre Covid.

firsttango
Andalucia Guru

Postby firsttango » Thu Nov 05, 2020 8:20 pm

Sort this out once and for all - Sikora & Heneghan vs Whitty & Valance - Live TV debate - gloves off - let the people decide - Add Matt Hancock into the mix to try and justify his stance once the real facts are told.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Fri Nov 06, 2020 10:11 am

This man is not phased by it all during the recent lockdown riots in Barcelona:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=oO3SNOuSXJc

The Eternal Flame just about sums it up.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Fri Nov 06, 2020 12:00 pm

Love it. A lesson for us all to keep calm and ignore lockdowns.

There was a busker in Horsham this week, he looked about 16. Quite a crowd had gathered as he sung many poignant songs that you could relate to the lockdown. People were clapping and when I put some money in his case there were lots of fivers. Wished I had taken a video.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Fri Nov 06, 2020 2:54 pm

Latest report from the British Medical Journal:

https://www.bmj.com/content/371/bmj.m4277