Coronavirus

For tips, tricks and secrets on good health, beauty, fitness and sport join this forum.
El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Re: Coronavirus

Postby El Cid » Mon Mar 16, 2020 11:49 am

Mercadonna have not yet reinstated deliveries apart from Barcelona and Valencia, but if you go to their website and enter your postcode and email, they will advise you when they become available again in your area.

With regard to prescriptions, when your repeat prescription runs out it usually means a trip to the doctor to renew it, with all the contagion risk that a visit to a health centre offers. Now, you can call your health centre when it runs out and they will renew it for you without the need to visit.

If you use the Junta app to make appointments there is now a section on the virus with information, but more importantly, there is a series of questions about what symptoms etc, you have and you answer all the questions, give your phone number and submit it. Presumably, if they think you have a serious problem they will then initiate action for you.

Sid

GerryinCajiz
Resident

Postby GerryinCajiz » Mon Mar 16, 2020 11:54 am

costakid wrote:
elusive wrote:According to media reports 7 cases in velez,5 in rincon and one in algarrobo
please tell where you read that.
Correodelaaxarquia.com
Gerry

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Mon Mar 16, 2020 1:05 pm

Been out this morning, so to answer a few questions, some of them my own.
Vets are open, pet food shops are open, Correos is open.
Queues at some supermarkets but not at all.
Some car repair places open.
Vithas Salud open but their physio department shut.
Appointments available at local Spanish health centre.
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Mon Mar 16, 2020 1:17 pm

Surprised at the amount of cars and people out in nerja while on the way to mercadona. Not well stocked at the big one on the outskirts of town. Very little meat no eggs ,pasta. Plenty of loo roll though!

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Mon Mar 16, 2020 1:44 pm

Not much of a shut down is it. Just as likely to pick it up in the Post Office as outside a small local bar.

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Mon Mar 16, 2020 1:50 pm

I have a trip booked to London at the beginning of April and having looked at BA's(for the out part) EasyJet(for the return) and the Hotel in central London. all of them now offering free changes from now til the end of April.

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Mon Mar 16, 2020 1:53 pm

katy wrote:Not much of a shut down is it. Just as likely to pick it up in the Post Office as outside a small local bar.
Yes, but people are queuing maintaining a distance between themselves. Outside a chemist yesterday it was very orderly but the queue stretched down the street even with only about 12 people in it.

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Mon Mar 16, 2020 2:15 pm

katy wrote:Not much of a shut down is it. Just as likely to pick it up in the Post Office as outside a small local bar.
All bars, cafes, restaurants are shut.
All the shops except food shops, chemists, post office, IT shops, Telephone shops and pet food shops are shut, so no builders merchants, DIY, hardware, clothes, shoes, makeup, jewellery, lottery outlets, Chinese bazaars etc etc so the majority of shops are shut.
El Ingenio is mainly closed.
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Mon Mar 16, 2020 2:39 pm

Fairly quiet going down Torrox Costa, although the roads were by no means deserted. Quite a number of people on foot with shopping bags or walking dogs. Nearly everything shut and no market today so felt a bit like a Sunday. Petrol has come down in price, I was surprised, only 1.25 so almost 10 cents less than last time we filled up. Shops I went into were very orderly and mostly stocked, certainly not the panic buying I saw last week.

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Mon Mar 16, 2020 2:42 pm

Up here it is still the Brits being irresponsible
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

K&LTupper
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby K&LTupper » Mon Mar 16, 2020 2:51 pm

Hopefully the Police will start getting tough on them...whatever the nationality and slap them with large on the spot fines

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Mon Mar 16, 2020 2:57 pm

Attitudes seem to be polarising. There are those who accept that this is the solution that government has come up with and are working with it, and those who are in the “why should I? I have my rights” brigade.
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

K&LTupper
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby K&LTupper » Mon Mar 16, 2020 3:04 pm

Anyone know if the Euromillions Lottery is suspended or not as Lotto shop here is shut apparently?

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Mon Mar 16, 2020 3:47 pm

peteroldracer wrote:Up here it is still the Brits being irresponsible
I thought your area was mainly British anyway?

I saw this on friends Facebook yesterday. JSM dog centre
Two clients have been stopped by Police whilst walking their dogs (Marbella and Elviria) Were told not allowed to walk them only let them do their business close to home. Both were asked for proof of ownership of dog next time they were out.

Also for anyone making their way back either way, someone said that took hours to get through security at Malaga Airport yesterday.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Mon Mar 16, 2020 3:55 pm

This is chilling. Like 1984.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=L5csBjo-FuQ

Paulinmalaga
Resident

Postby Paulinmalaga » Mon Mar 16, 2020 4:03 pm

katy wrote:
Also for anyone making their way back either way, someone said that took hours to get through security at Malaga Airport yesterday.
My partner flew through yesterday, they barely looked at her passport. From landing to collecting luggage to car was no more than 25 minutes and that was Malaga airport, and friend also had same speedy exit on a later flight
I So Bella tis you

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Mon Mar 16, 2020 4:15 pm

Oh well that's social media, there is always someone lying!

Devils Advocate
Andalucia Guru

Postby Devils Advocate » Mon Mar 16, 2020 4:59 pm

Ah well it looks like a return trip to see some old friends this year may now be on hold for a good while, we were just finalising dates for the Bilbao crossing when this news became serious. And Miranda de Ebro mentioned by name, one of our fave places.

As an aside but I hope Spain isn't stoking the flames as they are here in the UK. Mrs goes to book the Ocado shopping as she normally does and website was down, then she tried Tesco and everything she picked was out of stock.

So she didn't believe me when I said we'll jump in the car and go to the shops for them.....which we did.

Just went to a small local town and got everything with ease, including the cat's dreamies which Tesco said were a no no.

It appears here all the cheapo canned crap has had a rush but the shops and farm shops are bristling with as much fresh produce as ever. Why pack the cupboards with processed dross when you can pack the freezer with decent stuff. We are not that way inclined anyway and have stocked nothing, and will continue to shop on a "when needed" basis.

Such a shortage of facts about this whole crisis I've not seen the likes of before.
Property owner in Andalucia since 2002. How time flies.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Mon Mar 16, 2020 5:48 pm

Frankly i dont know why people are over buying. If you arent working going shopping is your only means of getting out so its something to look forward to!!! Well not really but you know what i mean!

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:32 pm

There is one reason for stockpiling that I can understand, not with 100 toilet rolls though!

If you are going to take the lock down seriously to avoid catching the virus, that means not going out at all, including shopping trips. In which case you will need to stock up for maybe a months shopping rather than the way you normally shop which is probably at least once a week.

I think the supply problem will level out soon as the hoarders will have no more room to store it and the supermarkets will limit how many of each item is reasonable to buy. At the same time, Mercadona will get their online service running again and that cuts the need to go out to a really bare minimum.

Sid