Coronavirus

For tips, tricks and secrets on good health, beauty, fitness and sport join this forum.
Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Re: Coronavirus

Postby Wicksey » Fri May 01, 2020 3:02 pm

K&LTupper wrote:
peteroldracer wrote:My OH has done the majority of the Mercadona shopping as it is in walking distance, but until now we have both found everything well run. It is the change that is puzzling and worrying. I am doing a Lidl run using the car today (the heavier stuff like 5l oil, cases of wine..) so will see what I find.
I didn't realise you were permitted to drive to a supermarket further away than the one you can walk to, I have been under the impression you were supposed to use the one closest to your residence. Maybe this is just an Andalusia rule?
I can't walk to any supermarket from where I live, and if I could certainly couldn't carry back the amount of food and bottles of water we need. Our pueblo only has a few tiny food shops and doesn't stock what I want so I haven't thought anything of driving that bit further to the Costa where there is Aldi, Lidl and, a km further down the road, Mercadona. I would rather do one big shop a week at a largish supermarket rather than daily trips to get a bag of shopping from the pueblo (even if it was walkable). Whether I drive 2 or 3 kms extra to go food shopping doesn't really make any difference I don't think.

I was aware everything is shut today .... hence the number of people about yesterday and the extra police checks ready for the long weekend.

Lyric
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lyric » Fri May 01, 2020 3:23 pm

Last time I was stopped going down just at the Lidl roundabout I was asked where I was heading and where from. I answered Mercadonna and pointed to my house, clearly visible from there. He told me I should shop in Lidl, I replied that I didn't like it and he waved me on. No check of documents at all.
Varying Standards do irritate.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Fri May 01, 2020 3:41 pm

Same. We have lidl ,merc and supersol within a couple of mins drive of each other vertually on the same road in the nearest town.(4km away) lidl is nearest us. A family member got told they must only shop in lidl when they got stopped going into merc.even though merc was litterally a min further down the same road. Then easter weekend i got told at a checkpoint that i cant shop outside the village at all! Only little shops there. Presuming it was just some jobs worth as it was easter. If they want to kill off loads of ppl who needs corona when you have processed meat and magdalenas to eat for 6 weeks!!

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Fri May 01, 2020 3:46 pm

We have two Mercadonas in the town. The old one is in the centre of town and the new one down just off the beach. The new one has parking for nearly 300 cars and I have never seen more than 60 and usually half that if you go in the afternoon.

The one in the town is built under a large block of apartments so the pillars are close together and parking is a nightmare unless you are in a very small car.

There are well controlled queues to get in. If you use the car park there is a queue in the car park at the bottom of the escalators. It’s incredibly well organised.

The aisles in the big one are very wide, about 4m I would guess.

Sid

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Fri May 01, 2020 3:58 pm

Lucky you, Mark. Our nearest Mercadona is right in the town 10km away. It has a tiny underground carpark built for tiny cars. It has concrete pillars everywhere. I took the car down once, years ago and got stuck. Various helpful macho hombres tried driving the car out from the car park but gave up, frightened to dent the car. I drove it out, in the end, dented and scratched. Earlier this year the town Hall, finally, made a public car park on some waste ground behind the Mercadona. It's still hopless for shoppers to park because spaces are nabbed early by workers in the town. For us, it's better to drive 22km to the bigger Mercadona (and Carrefour, Aki, etc) where parking spaces are many and wide.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Fri May 01, 2020 4:12 pm

Lyric wrote:Last time I was stopped going down just at the Lidl roundabout I was asked where I was heading and where from. I answered Mercadonna and pointed to my house, clearly visible from there. He told me I should shop in Lidl, I replied that I didn't like it and he waved me on. No check of documents at all.
Varying Standards do irritate.
That's where yesterday's road block was. I waved my receipt at him but as it's the puente weekend this time they were only concerned about where I lived, checking I wasn't here at my second home. He didn't ask where I'd been or where I was going. Later on they moved up to the motorway exits. A similar campaign to the Easter one. It's the first time ever I've been stopped by the police here in 20 years so I guess I'm pretty lucky, in today's climate especially.

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Sat May 02, 2020 8:45 am

Good morning campers..........

Click on Pictures to enlarge.............or find your specs............ :D

All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

Manchesteral
Resident

Postby Manchesteral » Sat May 02, 2020 9:38 am

Lots of people ot on the paseo and on the beach now some are even in the sea !

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Sat May 02, 2020 10:05 am

Those of us under 70 and without kids have got a bit of a bum deal. Our hours are mostly in the dark or when we are asleep.

https://www.euroweeklynews.com/2020/05/ ... a-del-sol/

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Sat May 02, 2020 10:14 am

Quite a few walkers and asparagus hunters in our lane and in the fincas around us this morning. For the first time in eight weeks I've locked the gate. I like the people in the village but not when they come into the finca and pick the Spanish Irises "because they are so beautiful". We only have about 2,000 of them but they are better left for everyone to enjoy as they walk past.

Lyric
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lyric » Sat May 02, 2020 10:15 am

I don't know what you are worried about, go for a walk when you feel like it. Campo nobody will say anything, probably won't see another soul. We had a woman with three children and two dogs pass yesterday, never seen them before in my life, certainly not within 1km.
The rules are for towns and cities, they just don't work in the countryside.

K&LTupper
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby K&LTupper » Sat May 02, 2020 10:36 am

Lyric wrote:I don't know what you are worried about, go for a walk when you feel like it. Campo nobody will say anything, probably won't see another soul. We had a woman with three children and two dogs pass yesterday, never seen them before in my life, certainly not within 1km.
The rules are for towns and cities, they just don't work in the countryside.
Is that official or something you've just made up?

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Sat May 02, 2020 10:44 am

What it infers is that those in the campo will only follow sensible rules of behaviour if they will not get caught? Possibly not the campo dwellers but folk from the towns who are happy to risk the lives of others by travelling to their area.
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

Manchesteral
Resident

Postby Manchesteral » Sat May 02, 2020 10:50 am

Manchesteral wrote:
Wicksey wrote:Those of us under 70 and without kids have got a bit of a bum deal. Our hours are mostly in the dark or when we are asleep.

https://www.euroweeklynews.com/2020/05/ ... a-del-sol/

I'm 69 and living alone, if I understand it correctly I can go out between 19-20.00, am I right ? or is that 20-23.00 ? the dedicated slots are pretty confusing !

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Sat May 02, 2020 10:57 am

Simple enough al: you are over 14, and under 70, so can walk within 1km of home for one hour a day, choosing a time between 06.00 to 10.00 or within the times of 20.00 and 23.00. When it is your 70th birthday you get a lie-in! You can of course also exercise for an hour any time within 1km radius.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Sat May 02, 2020 10:59 am

I agree there is no one around .... except for the Guardia man who moved up into his campo house when lockdown began. He passes us every day to go to and from work and we're not sure if he'd be bothered or not. He has numerous visitors some weekends and I know of other houses where the grown up children are regularly visiting their parents, but then these are friends of the aforementioned Guardia man.

The timing rules apply to busy and more populated areas, so I think we should be able to walk when we want as we are unlikely to see another person on foot up here. I know of houses that have had weekenders up here and plenty of locals are bending the rules. In my car I passed a group of 7 women and children walking for the past week but no doubt they are also acquaintances of the Guardia man! It's who you know up here, and we just don't know whether he would take any notice or not, otherwise we would have been walking during the day for the past few weeks.

Manchesteral, I think you have to be 70 to go out in the 19-20:00 hour slot. Depends on whether they check your age. My friend in her late 60s was hoping to pass for 70 .... not something she would normally want to do :lol:

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Sat May 02, 2020 11:05 am

“ The timing rules apply to busy and more populated areas, so I think we should be able to...”
The timing rules apply to all parts of Spain, and saying “we should be able to” cuts no ice with the law, if they apply it fairly and evenly. I have always thought we should be able to drive to the shops as a couple, as long as only one does the shopping, but for whatever reason that is not the law, so I do not do it!

Manchesteral
Resident

Postby Manchesteral » Sat May 02, 2020 11:07 am

peteroldracer wrote:Simple enough al: you are over 14, and under 70, so can walk within 1km of home for one hour a day, choosing a time between 06.00 to 10.00 or within the times of 20.00 and 23.00. When it is your 70th birthday you get a lie-in! You can of course also exercise for an hour any time within 1km radius.
Not simple for me Peter, I have to write EVERYTHING down in odre to remember what I've done or should be doing, thanks for the info though !

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Sat May 02, 2020 11:15 am

We walked for an hour with the dog every day during lockdown. We're in the campo 1.5km from the village and got permission from the Ayuntamiento. We all know there is the law of the land made by the Government in Madrid but in our village the law is made by the Mayor. That's it.

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Sat May 02, 2020 11:28 am

Hi Manchersteral,

"Not simple for me Peter, I have to write EVERYTHING down in odre to remember what I've done or should be doing, thanks for the info though !"

Copy my Pictures Posted above ........ Print them and Pin on your Fridge door................. :idea:
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.