Coronavirus

For tips, tricks and secrets on good health, beauty, fitness and sport join this forum.
pensure1988
Resident

Re: Coronavirus

Postby pensure1988 » Sat May 23, 2020 9:04 am

Please can someone clarify the new exercise routine w.e.f. 22nd may 2020

Have all the time frames for all ages been removed. Can I under the age of 70 go for a walk,run etc at anytime but must I still adhere to 6am to 10am in the morning and 8pm to 11pm in the evening rules. Also has the 1hr or 1km rule been amended also

Thank You

David

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Sat May 23, 2020 10:51 am

Beachcomber wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 6:56 am I wish the Spanish government would watch this video along with everyone else before it is removed by the You Tube Thought Police because it dares to contradict the mainstream narrative:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DKh6kJ-RSMI
Scary how much power the social media giants have to censor differing views.

Time to get back to normality, the whole world cannot live like this. If people are worried and want to isolate there is nothing stopping them. Most ludicrous reports are people who have travelled to the beach complaining there are too many people there!

Paulinmalaga
Resident

Postby Paulinmalaga » Sat May 23, 2020 11:19 am

Nobody complaining beaches are too busy here in Nerja....this is the normally busy Burriana Beach yesterday afternoon.

I So Bella tis you

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Sat May 23, 2020 11:24 am

pensure1988 wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 9:04 am Please can someone clarify the new exercise routine w.e.f. 22nd may 2020

Have all the time frames for all ages been removed. Can I under the age of 70 go for a walk,run etc at anytime but must I still adhere to 6am to 10am in the morning and 8pm to 11pm in the evening rules. Also has the 1hr or 1km rule been amended also

Thank You

David
https://www.citizensadvice.org.es/faq/c ... 22-5-2020/

Manchesteral
Resident

Postby Manchesteral » Sat May 23, 2020 1:15 pm

As far as I'm aware the following rules now "appear" to apply, at least in Las Palmas anyway. Anyone can go out any time they want, providing they (everyone) wears a mascarilla if they cannot keep a two metre distance, doesn't appear to be working though, last night walking past a local restaurant there was young couple swapping spit at the table and others walking hand in hand along the paseo !
It seems that half of the population (worldwide) are prepared to stick to the rules and the other half not, I' m beginning to wonder if maybe we should let our guard down totally and let the virus do it's worst, it's the only way we will get back to any kind of normality !!

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Sat May 23, 2020 1:18 pm

If you watch the link that Beachcomber posted there is some cause to think the virus has passed its peak and is declining naturally.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Sat May 23, 2020 1:29 pm

Manchesteral surely couples can walk hand in hand? I don't have to social distance from my OH! We walked along the paseo yesterday to see what bars/restaurants were open (very few as it turns out) whilst waiting for our Indian takeaway. As you can go to a bar at any time then there will be people of all age groups walking during the day. The paseo was just about empty yesterday in Torrox and the beach like Paul's photo of Burriana, lovely and peaceful and not a soul on it.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Sat May 23, 2020 1:52 pm

Sat in a beach side restaurant in torre del mar which is pretty full but otherwise its very quiet on the prom. Very few walking around. .the restaurants and cafes that are open are pretty full. a good amount are open so somewhere to go if want to find somewhere to eat etc

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Sat May 23, 2020 3:19 pm

The representatives of Spain's dark past were out on the streets today moaning about the lockdown. Of course it wasn't reported in the mainstream media apart from all newspapers and TV channels in the mainstream media and went ahead in spite of the fact that demonstrating against government policy is legal in Spain. :eh: Of course Vox and their predecessors know all about freedom and democracy and were its main advocators of freedom of expression for 40 years

Meanwhile it seems that while Doctors are being told to put any fatality in Spain down to Covid 19, Catalunya have disclosed that they had actually under reported the amounts of deaths by a whopping 635

Last but not least ,It also seems that foreign tourists will be allowed to return from July.
Last edited by markwilding on Sat May 23, 2020 3:42 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Sat May 23, 2020 3:28 pm

https://english.elpais.com/politics/202 ... -july.html

That does seem a bit too soon. We'll barely be out of restrictions ourselves by then. German couple I know are desperate to come out to their house and asked earlier this week if they could book flights to come in July, and I said hold on for now.

Malaga and Granada remain in Phase 1 for now rather than progress on to Phase 2 on Monday. It will be interesting to see if the de-escalation has any effects on the numbers of new cases in the following weeks as people are mixing so much more. Lots of large family groups are up at their cortijos this weekend.

Devils Advocate
Andalucia Guru

Postby Devils Advocate » Sat May 23, 2020 3:37 pm

It will be very interesting as it pans out, it seems like maybe good news for people on mainland Europe to visit if they wish, especially by car but how many Brits will a) be able to go, b) be allowed to go and c) want to go.

Were this 12 months ago I'd now be working on ways of getting there in July to tend to the house and check its well being as a matter of urgency.

Now it's sold that's not an issue.

However we still want to holiday, and we were to going spend at least some time this year in Andalucia..........I still don't think that's got a cat in hells chance of happening from the state of play at present. What will flights cost? What schedule will ferries run? are Brits even going to be allowed in?

All too mixed up for me to even contemplate a holiday this year abroad.
Property owner in Andalucia since 2002. How time flies.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Sat May 23, 2020 3:46 pm

So while those in malaga and granada cant leave their province. Ppl from other countries will be allowed in? As the dates are right on the border of the end of the phases.

All seems that we have moved abit to quickly. I found it odd how you went from only been able to walk 1 km from your home to then having freedom through out the whole province,meeting up with ten ppl etc. Surely it would have been better to restrict movment to say 20 km etc then to the whole province.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Sat May 23, 2020 4:00 pm

I think there will be a miraculous change by July and hotels etc will be back in business. May not make a difference to Northern regions but the Costa Blanca/Costa del Sol will be fu**ed without tourists. Eg 90% of Torremolinos gdp is from tourism and any other coastal towns will be the same.
I certainly wouldn’t want to go anywhere in the world with restrictions but probably a lot will. We should have been on holiday now.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Sat May 23, 2020 4:02 pm

Yes I was surprised about the gatherings of up to 10 people as well, going straight from barely being able to leave the house, seems quite a jump.

TUI announces that the Germans will be going to the Balearics in June ..... as the islands have had low numbers of coronavirus. Seems an odd way of looking at it as surely if you're in an area that hasn't been badly affected you want to keep it that way by not opening up your borders too soon. https://www.euroweeklynews.com/2020/05/ ... hin-weeks/

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Sat May 23, 2020 4:11 pm

The Germans have no been too badly affected by the virus so maybe Germans will be allowed in but not other people from other countries?

Devils Advocate
Andalucia Guru

Postby Devils Advocate » Sat May 23, 2020 4:12 pm

elusive wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 3:46 pm So while those in malaga and granada cant leave their province. Ppl from other countries will be allowed in? As the dates are right on the border of the end of the phases.
Baffling I agree.

Devils Advocate
Andalucia Guru

Postby Devils Advocate » Sat May 23, 2020 4:16 pm

katy wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 4:00 pm I certainly wouldn’t want to go anywhere in the world with restrictions but probably a lot will. We should have been on holiday now.
Our feelings exactly Katy, no way whilst masks, one in and one out of shops etc. are being enforced, where is the fun in that?,ambience shattered. That said it could be a very long term thing so we'll either have to like it or lump it. However my hunch is it will all be yesterdays news this time next year and things will be hopefully back to how we know them. Without a crystal ball though who knows?

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Sat May 23, 2020 4:26 pm

It seems to me that a substantial minority - if not the majority - of people have taken little notice of what the rules are, so fine tuning is just polititcal posturing. Some here are flapping and twitching about allowing anyone in from anywhere, when the risks will be very low - would anyone having the slightest fear that they have picked up the virus seriously consider taking a holiday in a foreign country? Meanwhile those in authority are exercising common sense that they are denying to lesser mortals, or maybe just being supercilious selfish people.
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

olive
Andalucia Guru

Postby olive » Sat May 23, 2020 6:07 pm

Lavanda wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 4:11 pm The Germans have no been too badly affected by the virus so maybe Germans will be allowed in but not other people from other countries?

Low risk corridors. These are from to areas that both have had low infection. One of the ideas being mulled over by Brussels to get over the inertia of holiday destination countries being slow to take off lockdown measures. So Germans can go to South Italy and the Balearics.

The experts are predicting a second wave of infections and deaths. I think public appetite has changed and a second wave will be acceptable in order to return to a degree of normality. Getting back to normality will be difficult. I was talking with a friend with an irrational or rational fear of going back to normal having had the fear of god drummed into them. They will not be alone by any means.

Devils Advocate
Andalucia Guru

Postby Devils Advocate » Sat May 23, 2020 6:19 pm

The real fun will start when winter kicks in and sniffles,colds and flu are rife as they are every year......people won't know what they've got and project fear will make certain their worries are not eased. I'm totally dreading the response when this starts.

I'm still reeling from an earlier post suggesting Malaga and Granada "may" come out of the 5km lock down on the day international travel kicks off again to Spain. Incredible.