Coronavirus

For tips, tricks and secrets on good health, beauty, fitness and sport join this forum.
Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Re: Coronavirus

Postby Lavanda » Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:51 am

Good point, Gerry.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:18 am

According to the reports from Barcelona it was identified as Covid 19

Sid

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:24 am

Yes,, but I think more tests have to be done so as to be conclusive. They are not sure if it was there so early or the samples were contaminated later due to the fact it was only found in one sample of many.
At the moment it is still in the research stage

gruff
Resident

Postby gruff » Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:12 pm

I'm with Peteroldracer . Nobody has seen his comment (6th. July).

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:12 pm

I did see the comment but didn’t reply because I did not agree with what he wrote but he is allowed to hold that view, isn’t he?

gavilan
Andalucia Guru

Postby gavilan » Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:17 pm

to return to the discussion re old people in care homes: seems to me that those who wish to have an end to their lives should be able to do so (with legal/family assistance if necessary) but to label/stereotype such persons as 'Most are in care homes for a reason such as dementia. Not just memory loss, they are doubly incontinent, can’t feed themselves.' ... seems to me borderline fascist ...

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:31 pm

So, what is your point of view why they are there then, be interested to hear instead of you just bringing out slurs about facism. Maybe Do a bit of research and pick up the real truth.

gavilan
Andalucia Guru

Postby gavilan » Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:54 pm

my point of view is that whatever physical/mental state someone finds themselves in, there is a human being, a person, an individual inside/underneath and we need to respect/support s/he within ... and, as por commented ...' ... writing off people who will be someone’s mother, grandma, uncle, husband ...'

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Thu Jul 09, 2020 2:55 pm

POR used the phrase "writing off" not I. You really don't know much about dementia issues do you. What does this mean?
inside/underneath and we need to respect/support s/he within

gavilan
Andalucia Guru

Postby gavilan » Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:52 pm

I do have some experience of dementia: my mother had dementia; I was involved with Carer's Network Westminster for some years where I frequently met carers (unpaid family members or friends) who were looking after persons with dementia and I still have a close friend who works for Alzheimers Society.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:53 pm

gavilan wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:17 pm to return to the discussion re old people in care homes: seems to me that those who wish to have an end to their lives should be able to do so (with legal/family assistance if necessary) but to label/stereotype such persons as 'Most are in care homes for a reason such as dementia. Not just memory loss, they are doubly incontinent, can’t feed themselves.' ... seems to me borderline fascist ...
Most of the ppl i met in my grandmothers care home treated it as sheltered housing. They didnt need to be there and shouldnt have been. After siphoning off their money to kids/grandkids they got vertually free housing while others were paying through the nose. There was a dementia unit upstairs with those with the extreme of the disease. Quality of life not length of it is what matters. Living and not just excisting

Manchesteral
Resident

Postby Manchesteral » Fri Jul 10, 2020 11:34 am

Everyone is entitled to their own view of life and what constitutes the quality of an individual life, my own controversial view is this and I intend to follow my plans if necessary.

In the event of a death (mine) by bus, airline crash or act of God etc then my plans won't matter but when the day arrives when I am unable to feed myself, dress myself, think for myself or keep myself clean then I will remove myself from the planet, think what you will of my plans but I have no intention of being a burden on my family, friends or anyone else who also have their own lives to live !

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:36 pm

It's not so much I do not want to be a burden to other people but I do not want to be a burden to me, either.

olive
Andalucia Guru

Postby olive » Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:06 pm

Manchesteral wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 11:34 am Everyone is entitled to their own view of life and what constitutes the quality of an individual life, my own controversial view is this and I intend to follow my plans if necessary.

In the event of a death (mine) by bus, airline crash or act of God etc then my plans won't matter but when the day arrives when I am unable to feed myself, dress myself, think for myself or keep myself clean then I will remove myself from the planet, think what you will of my plans but I have no intention of being a burden on my family, friends or anyone else who also have their own lives to live !
that sounds like a plan but the reality is often quite difficult. You are unable to get somewhere to jump, any poisons have thoughtfully been removed and so on. Then, understandably, society and the medical profession is all about keeping you alive despite your efforts.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Fri Jul 10, 2020 5:26 pm

Do they have living wills in spain. Like olive says unless you want to do the deed while still healthy its to late once you have had a stroke and stuck in a veggie like state to do anything

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Sat Jul 11, 2020 5:01 pm

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.euro ... a-del-sol/

Ignore the click bait headline. Moreno is going to ask for masks to be mandatory. Crazy. Thats just killed off whats left of this years summer tourism industry.

Lyric
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lyric » Sat Jul 11, 2020 5:02 pm

I thought they were

olive
Andalucia Guru

Postby olive » Sat Jul 11, 2020 5:25 pm

A study in California claimed wearing a mask reduced your chance of getting Coronavirus by 65% .

It is only a matter of time before more places, provinces, countries insist on it. For one thing it is easier to police .

Had a visit from a Care Worker today (in the UK) and found it very difficult to follow what she was saying (as mentioned some pages back).

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Sat Jul 11, 2020 5:31 pm

Lyric wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 5:02 pm I thought they were
At the moment only compulsory inside a building and outside IF you can't maintain the required social distancing.
The new proposal is compulsory irrespective of social distancing.
So you can be the only person walking along a deserted track in the campo and you will be required to wear a mask. :think:
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

Devils Advocate
Andalucia Guru

Postby Devils Advocate » Sat Jul 11, 2020 5:35 pm

gerryh wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 5:31 pm
So you can be the only person walking along a deserted track in the campo and you will be required to wear a mask. :think:
Cheers
Gerry

Too ridiculous to fully comprehend.
Property owner in Andalucia since 2002. How time flies.