Coronavirus

For tips, tricks and secrets on good health, beauty, fitness and sport join this forum.
firsttango
Andalucia Guru

Re: Coronavirus

Postby firsttango » Wed Jan 20, 2021 6:52 pm

Paddy Pumpkin wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 6:09 pm The UK population density is 11 times that of Brazil (25 v 275 per square km). So with less people near each other then of course it won't spread. Although I am not sure why the comparison country vs country when the point is season vs season.

I asked why it is not disapperaing in the summer in Brazil and when you look at the graph the numbers are higher there than in winter there.

I am attaching a graph of South Africa. Is it disapperaing in summer there?
New and more virulent strain perhaps?

We can all play the numbers game as Google will throw up eventually the figures you need to suit your narrative :D .... as you see with the fact that Sao Paulo density 23,294 per square mile, Rio de Janiero density at 17,704 per sq mile both considerably more densely populated than London at only 13,210 per sq mile. So opposite to your statement as it is clearly More people near each other then it will spread more. :wink:

olive
Andalucia Guru

Postby olive » Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:26 pm

Paddy Pumpkin wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 6:10 pm
katy wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 4:58 pm
firsttango wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:20 pm Numbers will rapidly decrease when warmer weather arrives around May and lo and behold they will claim its all down to lockdowns and the vaccine :silent:
Yes, I think we may be stuck in the cycle of lockdowns. By autumn and start of flu season everyone will need vaccinating again. Some Scientist said yesterday that 1 in 8 may have had Covid, if so surely that would be herd immunity :think:
what % do you reckon we need to have herd immunity?
Herd immunity. Not 1 in 8 . 60% or more seems to come to mind. But that illustrates just how little we know. The whole Corona Virus thing has months if not years to go. The next wave but one will be all those that believe they are invincible following vaccination ( one or two doses - doesn’t matter in their minds).

Saga are brave thinking any oldies will be going cooped up on a cruise ship just because they have been vaccinated even with continued social distancing.

Paddy Pumpkin
Resident

Postby Paddy Pumpkin » Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:13 pm

firsttango wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 6:52 pm
Paddy Pumpkin wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 6:09 pm The UK population density is 11 times that of Brazil (25 v 275 per square km). So with less people near each other then of course it won't spread. Although I am not sure why the comparison country vs country when the point is season vs season.

I asked why it is not disapperaing in the summer in Brazil and when you look at the graph the numbers are higher there than in winter there.

We can all play the numbers game as Google will throw up eventually the figures you need to suit your narrative :D .... as you see with the fact that Sao Paulo density 23,294 per square mile, Rio de Janiero density at 17,704 per sq mile both considerably more densely populated than London at only 13,210 per sq mile. So opposite to your statement as it is clearly More people near each other then it will spread more. :wink:

Yes I agree, we can all play numbers all day and as I said I believe comparing one country to another is irrelevant number when we are speaking about season vs season.

It could well be a new and more virulent strain, which just goes to show it doesn't go away in summer as a new and more virulent strain can come along anytime.

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:16 pm

Someone asked about who is being prioritised for the jab in Spain.
“A huge political row has broken out in the Murcia Region after it was revealed that the regional minister for health, Manuel Villegas, and many office staff within the region health service (SMS), were vaccinated against Covid-19 last week, apparently against the protocols established by the national ministry for prioritising who is given the vaccine and in what order.”
What a surprise....NOT.
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

firsttango
Andalucia Guru

Postby firsttango » Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:21 pm

Paddy Pumpkin wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:13 pm
firsttango wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 6:52 pm

Yes I agree, we can all play numbers all day and as I said I believe comparing one country to another is irrelevant number when we are speaking about season vs season.

It could well be a new and more virulent strain, which just goes to show it doesn't go away in summer as a new and more virulent strain can come along anytime.
Time will tell.......lets revisit at the end of May as per my post and see whether the figures have taken a big decrease as I suggested they will.....with regard to season this article on the flu is interesting

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6307116/

Paddy Pumpkin
Resident

Postby Paddy Pumpkin » Thu Jan 21, 2021 10:33 am

May won't prove anything because as you said yourself the dip then could be due to the vaccine or lockdown.

Higher temperatures do slow down the transmission of that there is no doubt. We have reams of proof in flu data, but slows down is not the same as go away. South Africa is the proof of that.

Proof that lockdowns work are Australia, New Zealand and Singapore or closer to home look at the dip in numbers in December 2020 after our restrictions in October and November. Then when we were let fly to enjoy Xmas the numbers went through the roof.

Proof that the vaccine has worked will be in December 2021 when flu season starts and vaccinated people, we hope, are not dying.

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Thu Jan 21, 2021 12:19 pm

If the result this coming December is that the vaccine has worked then it will be a big relief and a big hurray from everyone, a good thought to hold onto. :D

firsttango
Andalucia Guru

Postby firsttango » Thu Jan 21, 2021 12:40 pm

Paddy Pumpkin wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 10:33 am May won't prove anything because as you said yourself the dip then could be due to the vaccine or lockdown.

Higher temperatures do slow down the transmission of that there is no doubt. We have reams of proof in flu data, but slows down is not the same as go away. South Africa is the proof of that.

Proof that lockdowns work are Australia, New Zealand and Singapore or closer to home look at the dip in numbers in December 2020 after our restrictions in October and November. Then when we were let fly to enjoy Xmas the numbers went through the roof.

Proof that the vaccine has worked will be in December 2021 when flu season starts and vaccinated people, we hope, are not dying.
You obviously failed to realise that my words were firmly on the side of sarcasm/tongue in cheek......I've highlighted the words from my post that give it away. "Numbers will rapidly decrease when warmer weather arrives around May and lo and behold they will claim its all down to lockdowns and the vaccine :silent:"

Closer to home? Where are you referring to?

Paddy Pumpkin
Resident

Postby Paddy Pumpkin » Thu Jan 21, 2021 2:20 pm

Ahhh sorry I didn't pick up the sarcasm

https://edition.cnn.com/interactive/202 ... t-tracker/

I don't think the guy on this link was being sarcastic !

Home being Madrid or eSpain in general.

firsttango
Andalucia Guru

Postby firsttango » Thu Jan 21, 2021 3:32 pm

Paddy Pumpkin wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 2:20 pm Ahhh sorry I didn't pick up the sarcasm

https://edition.cnn.com/interactive/202 ... t-tracker/

I don't think the guy on this link was being sarcastic !

Home being Madrid or eSpain in general.
Neither was this guy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpiEN0e5XnA

Recent studies show lockdowns work and yet other studies show lockdowns Don't work......pick your study to suit your narrative......but hey if lockdowns work why are the U.K on their third.....lives and economies destroyed to still be at square one :silent:

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Thu Jan 21, 2021 3:45 pm

Lockdowns only work for the period of the lockdown! Lock everyone up of course the infection rates go down. Let everyone out of course they go back up. The problem is you cant indefinitely yo yo back and forth between locking down and opening up. you have to get to a point where a vaccination starts to make an obvious difference,you lockdown those at greatest risk and let everyone else get on with it. Or you do nothing.those in the old age at risk bracket should be sheltered and those in their 50,60s, who are working and especially in public facing roles should be vaccinated first as they are the ones more likely to be getting and spreading it and ending up in ICU.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Thu Jan 21, 2021 3:58 pm

I think the biggest mistake was closing all the pubs. People just meet in each others houses in our cold climate, especially those who are young. At least most pubs were following the guidelines. Saw a headline yesterday “Police bust house party” ffs there were only 6 people and 2 of them were the couple who lived there.

Of course some are convinced these are the super spreaders and play the Government blame game but main contagion is Hospitals and care homes. They should stop testing, the more tests the more cases...not that they are ill! :wink:

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:08 pm

They are not ill because they probably returned one of the many false positives the the PCR test produces.

firsttango
Andalucia Guru

Postby firsttango » Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:09 pm

katy wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 3:58 pm I think the biggest mistake was closing all the pubs. People just meet in each others houses in our cold climate, especially those who are young. At least most pubs were following the guidelines. Saw a headline yesterday “Police bust house party” ffs there were only 6 people and 2 of them were the couple who lived there.

Of course some are convinced these are the super spreaders and play the Government blame game but main contagion is Hospitals and care homes. They should stop testing, the more tests the more cases...not that they are ill! :wink:
Spot on Katy.....I imagine if back in the last bad flu outbreak 2017/18 the Gov ran around like headless chickens doing the level of tests they are doing today for that seasons Flu virus the results would not be dissimilar to what we are seeing today re covid 19 and the current level of public/gov hysteria could of been produced back then especially if the tests used were as inaccurate as todays and produce high numbers of false positives :wink:

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:55 pm

Does anyone know if there is data for ordinary flue deaths this year? or are they being mixed in amongst the Covid deaths? I did see a news item which said that flue cases were largely down this year due to restrictions put into place for Covid and a bigger uptake to have the flue vaccine...

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Thu Jan 21, 2021 6:05 pm

I don't know about the UK but the USA is lumping all deaths from pneumonia, influenza and covid (PIC) together:

https://www.coreysdigs.com/health-scien ... dden-data/

See also one of my previous posts:

Beachcomber wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 12:30 pm In case there was any doubt about the fact, as I and several other members have been suggesting, that all deaths from seasonal flu are being counted as covid you can see the evidence hidden away in a report from the United States Centres for Disease Control and Prevention here:

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nc ... 82020.html

Specifically the item Under 'Severe Illnesses' - 'Mortality'

'Based on death certificate data, the percentage of deaths attributed to pneumonia, influenza, or COVID-19 (PIC) for week 37 is 6.2%.'

This shows that it is not only seasonal influenza that is being counted as covid but pneumonia as well.

As well as PIC (pneumonia influenza covid) they also refer to ILI (influenza like illnesses) and CLI (covid like illnesses)

Since all western governments appear to be reading from the same script this deception obviously applies to Spain and the United Kingdom as well as France, Germany etc.

What other trickery, lies and deceit is going on that we have not yet uncovered?

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Thu Jan 21, 2021 6:36 pm

Sorry Beachcomber, i must have missed that post....It does all sound quite deceitful and in very bad taste..I still cant get my head around the mix and match and i'm not confident that it won't actually happen here in the Uk. If it does happen and someone has serious side effects how will they know which vaccine was the cause or even if the cause was because both vaccines interacted with one another, that might sound stupid i don't know, i'm not a scientist but it does make me wonder and especially because they have no data to confirm that they have concluded a study on it, have they?

Lyric
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lyric » Thu Jan 21, 2021 6:55 pm

Does anyone know if there is data for ordinary flue deaths this year?
Father Christmas had a close escape :D

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Thu Jan 21, 2021 7:56 pm

If a vaccine causes serious illness or death it doesn't matter which one it was because all the pharmaceutical companies, as well as the people who adminisrer the vaccine, have immunity from prosecution.

Mix and match is already on the cards for the UK:

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/01/heal ... itain.html

as is extended periods of time between the first and second shots. The vaccine is dangerous enough as it is without playing with people's lives in trying to meet targets and being number one on Europe's league table.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:23 pm

Have to admit Corona is very good on evasion. Get vaccinated but you can still catch it, or give it to your Granny, be a super spreader and if you have had the vaccine you still have to isolate if you come into contact with someone else who has it :crazy:
The only positive Corona keeps the flu away!