Coronavirus

For tips, tricks and secrets on good health, beauty, fitness and sport join this forum.
Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Re: Coronavirus

Postby Lavanda » Sat Jun 26, 2021 11:04 am

I think the people who are 'vulnerable' to any respiratory illness might continue to wear them. The statistics have shown than no one got flu last winter and therefore no one was in hospital or died of flu. If distancing, mask wearing and hand washing cut out those types of germs maybe it makes sense for some people to carry on using them? Look at Japan. I know they use masks because their air pollution is so high but, maybe, even people with asthma or breathing difficulties might like to keep wearing masks?

Personally, i always feel as if I cannot breathe properly in a mask but I do recognise that others, less healthy then me, might actually benefit from wearing mask. People should be allowed to make their own choices.

firsttango
Andalucia Guru

Postby firsttango » Sat Jun 26, 2021 11:49 am

Very interesting listen on LBC a few nights ago regarding the facemask topic, well worth a listen (first 30 mins or so)

https://www.globalplayer.com/catchup/lb ... YhWvciUcK/

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Sat Jun 26, 2021 12:42 pm

I hate them, can't wait to rip it off when I leave a shop. I can't hear in them either and have noticed others can't. You have a point for the vulnerable though. I have a friend who wont let anyone through the door if they have even a slight cold! Although she is very healthy.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Sat Jun 26, 2021 1:58 pm

I usually forget to put mine on when I leave the car anyway and shall be very pleased to ditch mine out of doors. Of course, if you're in a crowded street then people will wear them if they can't social distance. It's finally getting busier here now so not quite so deserted on the paseo anymore but when we go during the day I think we'll be able to leave off the masks.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Sat Jun 26, 2021 2:27 pm

I shall burn all mine and have a stiff drink...if we are ever free!

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Sat Jun 26, 2021 2:30 pm

Busier on torrox prom and certainly on the beach today but most people were still able to walk without a mask been needed

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Wed Jun 30, 2021 10:55 am

katy wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 2:27 pm I shall burn all mine and have a stiff drink...if we are ever free!
Went into Waitrose yesterday and noticed all the distancing strips have been removed. A good sign although a lot of nuts around here will keep it up. Woman regulation distance behind me yesterday, noticed if I did a step or two back so did she, like a formation dance. :roll:

firsttango
Andalucia Guru

Postby firsttango » Wed Jun 30, 2021 11:07 am

katy wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 10:55 am
katy wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 2:27 pm I shall burn all mine and have a stiff drink...if we are ever free!
Went into Waitrose yesterday and noticed all the distancing strips have been removed. A good sign although a lot of nuts around here will keep it up. Woman regulation distance behind me yesterday, noticed if I did a step or two back so did she, like a formation dance. :roll:
It has astonished me how easy it has been to condition and control people and as you say a great many will keep it up :roll:

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Thu Jul 01, 2021 9:08 pm

Yes quite astonishing, i'm amazed at how many Spanish people are out and about dutifully wearing masks, people of all ages, youth included.I'm not refering to areas which are busy, it's as if they are either petrified not to wear them or they have become a force of habit.Id have thought people would have relished not having to wear them outside especialy in this heat.I think it will be quite some time before they eventualy let go of them.

pepe jose
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby pepe jose » Thu Jul 01, 2021 9:40 pm

Its taken 18 months and now the governments have about 80 percent of the population paranoid. Never thought it could happen outside North Korea

Lyric
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lyric » Thu Jul 01, 2021 10:06 pm

My wife is being admitted to the Hospital Commercial Axarquia from Urgencias. Tonight I took her an overnight bag and walked straight in, unchallenged.
Odd I thought, it being a hospital.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Fri Jul 02, 2021 9:01 am

Pamela1 wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 9:08 pm Yes quite astonishing, i'm amazed at how many Spanish people are out and about dutifully wearing masks, people of all ages, youth included.I'm not refering to areas which are busy, it's as if they are either petrified not to wear them or they have become a force of habit.Id have thought people would have relished not having to wear them outside especialy in this heat.I think it will be quite some time before they eventualy let go of them.
Maybe its the franco factor? Especially with the older generation. Used to doing what they are told. A few friends think that. Lots of unmasked tourists who dont seem to have a mask on them and make no attempt to keep their distance locally here aswell so maybe thats another factor.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Fri Jul 02, 2021 9:43 am

I see in the UK 146,360 people tested positive in the week to 1 July. Knowing how many there have had at least one jab, it would be interesting to know what percentage of those testing positive have been jabbed. I can't find that information.

In a local report today "the region also has one of the worst Covid-19 infection figures in months. On Thursday, Andalusia recorded 1,689 positive results, the worst figure for a day like today since the end of April" but then it also states that for the first time in ages there were no Covid deaths recorded yesterday.

Is it because they are doing more testing that the figures are so high? How many are false positives and how many are asymtomatic?

In the UK especially, they seem to be using the high numbers of cases to delay travel etc but I do wonder what relevance these figures truly have. Surely they should be concentrating on how many actually lead to the ICU or death?

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Fri Jul 02, 2021 11:11 am

Ridiculous that the UK is testing schoolchildren every day. I went to Boots yesterday and a notice said pick up a test pack here, 2 per week allowed.
Not just Europe though, seen photos of deserted streets in Australia.

olive
Andalucia Guru

Postby olive » Fri Jul 02, 2021 11:30 am

Maybe it is just a tool to persuade more younger people to get jabbed.

I see Merkel is visiting Boris today to tell him what travel will be allowed….. I wonder if she will have to self isolate on return to Germany.? Maybe not she is a VIP so excluded from such requirements.

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Fri Jul 02, 2021 12:15 pm

Can’t the scientists modify the Covid to make it give a really spotty face to anyone under 28? That would get the refuseniks in a panic to get jabbed!
There is an outbreak here in Los Alcázares, from a nightclub, with 9 so far aged 22-29. Anyone who had been there within a short period is asked to isolate, but I really don’t see them obeying.
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Fri Jul 02, 2021 12:49 pm

Lyric wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 10:06 pm My wife is being admitted to the Hospital Commercial Axarquia from Urgencias. Tonight I took her an overnight bag and walked straight in, unchallenged.
Odd I thought, it being a hospital.
Same here, hope all is ok with your wife.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Fri Jul 02, 2021 12:55 pm

olive wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 11:30 am Maybe it is just a tool to persuade more younger people to get jabbed.

I see Merkel is visiting Boris today to tell him what travel will be allowed….. I wonder if she will have to self isolate on return to Germany.? Maybe not she is a VIP so excluded from such requirements.
Amazing how rules can be decided at the drop of a hat. It is now decided what events can be normal and others not. Football events, Wimbledon ok. But not ok. To hold a concert, open air village Fete. Some of Merkel’s team tested positive at the G7 but the show carried on!

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Fri Jul 02, 2021 12:59 pm

The people concerned were security officers who had arrived well before Merkel and the whole hotel was immediately put into quarantine.

Sid

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Sun Jul 04, 2021 1:46 pm

This is a letter copied to various entities and individuals by the lawyer of NHS whistleblower Doctor Sam White who resigned after finding it increasingly difficult to comply with the primary object of his profession 'First do no harm':

https://www.covid19assembly.org/wp-cont ... tevens.pdf

It sets out the entire situation clearly and concisely.