Coronavirus

For tips, tricks and secrets on good health, beauty, fitness and sport join this forum.
olive
Andalucia Guru

Re: Coronavirus

Postby olive » Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:41 pm

Fake news?

Missed the latest. I have been out today buying up nicotine products ( like everyone in France) and drinking disinfectant . Both keep the virus at bay and seem to be working though the disinfectant leaves a funny taste.

Going out tonight on a raiding party to burn down a 5G mast they keep putting up. Hope I can see the satellites in the sky again. They are worth a look . https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-52391758

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:52 pm

https://findstarlink.com/#1356;3 Due to pass here on Monday. Brightens up another day in lockdown :)

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:40 pm

Lavanda wrote:HUGE questions, Mark. Whenever I used to take groups of students (17-19 year olds) on foreign residential trips I always read them the riot act and finished with this: "The selfishness of the one cannot take priority over the safety of the many". Maybe people do not agree with that but all the students took it onboard and I never had problems with them thousands of miles from home. However, watch the video that Paulinmalaga has posted and it does raise some very disturbing things.
Yes, I have watched it and found it interesting but just because somebody is of this opinion does not actually mean that it will actually occur or it will be used against law abiding people. I agree We have to be vigilant but I prefer to be pragmatic. I mean the special lockdown conditions in Spain are only in law for two weeks at a time.
I also think that some people take the privacy thing too far. We leave our footprints all over the place not just with our phones. Some people in the UK have problems with ID cards but more or less every country has them including here in Spain and I've never felt Big Brother is watching me.

I also took children travelling until very recently and The rules were clear and set up to minimise risk. We used Mobile phones to stay permanently in contact 24 hours a day with students as well knowing exactly where they were at any time. The rules were strictly adhered to but the parents and children had a choice. They didn't have to send their children with me. It was my own venture so for me it the key was always the responsibility to give the children a positive experience while making sure they were returned safely back to the parents, not to pander to the teenagers feeling of unfairness because they had much less freedom than they would have had, had they stayed home.
Last edited by markwilding on Fri Apr 24, 2020 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Fri Apr 24, 2020 6:12 pm

Hard to argue with any of that, Mark, so, for a change, I won't! :angel:

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:41 am

https://english.elpais.com/spanish_news ... ys-pm.html

:-P possibly walkies from the 2nd may. And i dont mean the dog

Manchesteral
Resident

Postby Manchesteral » Sun Apr 26, 2020 12:27 pm

Today in Las Palmas the Paseo Maritimo Las Canteras is open, but people are already flouting the rules, parents and children out (inline with Fridays directive) but also lots of couples and teenagers wandering around, many without masks, looks like our Island with one of the lowest number of corona cases will be now be in trouble !

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Sun Apr 26, 2020 2:36 pm

https://english.elpais.com/society/2020 ... hours.html

Yes its a weekend but still a big drop

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Sun Apr 26, 2020 4:56 pm

Yes, based on trends over the last few weeks, you would expect it to go up again on Tuesday but compared to last week,it's a significant drop.

Let's hope the trend continues through this coming week so there is the relaxation of the rules proposed by the government for adults going for a walk next Sunday.

The weather's not great here at the moment but the forecast is good for next weekend.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Sun Apr 26, 2020 5:21 pm

I assume the rules will be the same as for children - only 1 km radius from your house. So, no driving to somewhere nice like the paseo!

Sid

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Sun Apr 26, 2020 5:43 pm

I would say so, Route already mapped out. Heading way from the beach up the mountain. I've never looked so forward to a walk in my life.

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Sun Apr 26, 2020 6:57 pm

El Cid wrote:I assume the rules will be the same as for children - only 1 km radius from your house. So, no driving to somewhere nice like the paseo!

Sid
Sadly I think you will be correct in your assumption.
I live in the campo, mainly rough tracks up and downhill.
Hardly any flat smooth walking.
I have a problem with my knees. My doctor said I should walk for exercise but on the flat, level smooth ground. :thumbdown:
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

Lyric
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lyric » Sun Apr 26, 2020 7:29 pm

+1 mine hurt walking too. My physio usually fixes it for a while but ..............

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:56 am

https://www.axarquiaplus.es/rincon-de-l ... -axarquia/

Actual figures for each town,village in the axarquia

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Mon Apr 27, 2020 10:03 am

https://www.euroweeklynews.com/2020/04/ ... ines-from/

Let's hope they don't spoil it for the rest of us! We are all looking forward to a chance to get out for some exercise on 2 May.

olive
Andalucia Guru

Postby olive » Mon Apr 27, 2020 10:25 am

Turn the clock back several months. We, in hill olive growing land, were shocked at the plummet in revenue (up to 40%) for our produce at market. Numerous factors including the USA imposing tariffs on Spanish olive oil as part of a basket of such tariffs because the EU had unfairly subsidised Airbus. The WTO agreed they had.

Now it is a very different world. The very survival of Airbus is in question without masses of money , no doubt our money. It would be a brave person that bets on plane travel getting back to 2019 levels any time soon. Mind you if we have to socially distance in the aircraft maybe we will need six times as many planes!.

Devils Advocate
Andalucia Guru

Postby Devils Advocate » Mon Apr 27, 2020 11:36 am

Lovely to see our old area and surrounding towns with zero cases, excellent news. This must surely prove that the ultra severe lock down in Spain has worked, for this area at least. Rural villages here in the UK have all been hit with deaths in our neck of the woods......I'm certain that's down purely due to outsiders rocking up in their cars to take their "daily exercise" then visiting local shops and spreading the virus. It's the first downside I've experienced to living in a lovely rural setting......everyone wants to be there too and are indeed allowed to do it. The above figures from the Axarquia prove it.
Property owner in Andalucia since 2002. How time flies.

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:07 pm

The town and surrounding villages in the area where our property is located has not had a single case reported. Hope it stays that way. :)

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:17 pm

I would think its more to do with a lack of population density as to why over half the villages have no cases and others bar velez and rincon have so few. How many villages are full of older people who dont travel alot anyway?

The uk is hugely over populated.you cant go far before coming to populated areas.so its alot easier to spread.

Devils Advocate
Andalucia Guru

Postby Devils Advocate » Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:56 pm

The population is not dense here in our village, far less dense than than Competa for example. I never see a soul when walking the local lanes usually.

However the population has swelled since day one with the "exercise" brigade having to travel here and it's now coming home to roost.

A friend posted a video of Competa from last Thursday and it's spooky, totally void of anyone and no cases. That's the way to play it if you don't want the virus in your area. Imagine a crammed town like that getting on with business as usual and allowing people to drive up there to exercise.

A phoney lock down is the worst of both worlds and it seems Andalucia has called this one right.
Property owner in Andalucia since 2002. How time flies.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Mon Apr 27, 2020 1:24 pm

The population is not dense here in our village, far less dense than than Competa for example. I never see a soul when walking the local lanes usually.

--------

Yeah but i presume you arent far from populated areas. Like you say they all decided to go for a jolly to yours. Anytime the suns out in the uk and its a weekend/holiday then we all know everywhere becomes packed. It used to be a in house joke at ours of lets see how far we can get along the A64 (travelling to the coast)before having to turn off and give it up as a bad job because everyone had the same idea.