Covid Vaccinations Spain

For tips, tricks and secrets on good health, beauty, fitness and sport join this forum.
casita-bonita
Resident

Re: Covid Vaccinations Spain

Postby casita-bonita » Mon May 24, 2021 12:46 pm

My wife is also scheduled for 2nd jab on 1st July. Not heard anything to the contrary so we'll turn up as planned.
Regards

Bob

Free at Last
Resident

Postby Free at Last » Fri May 28, 2021 9:10 am

It looks doubtful whether many of us who had the first dose of the AZ vaccine will be getting a second one any time soon, as there are 5 million of us (including 2 million essential workers aged under 60) but only "almost" 1 million doses available as of today, and Sanidad say they do not know when further deliveries may be received. From El Mundo this morning:-

"Los datos son que cerca de 5 millones de españoles han recibido la primera dosis con AstraZeneca. De éstos, unos 2 millones son los esenciales y la disponibilidad del preparado anglosueco a día de hoy es de casi 1 millón de dosis. No se sabe durante cuánto tiempo más se seguirán recibiendo vacunas de AstraZeneca de los 12 millones comprometidos."

olive
Andalucia Guru

Postby olive » Fri May 28, 2021 11:23 am

Aren’t they mixing and matching? I read somewhere you could ask for a different vaccine to your first dose of AZ. Might have been in Ideal online.

Our local hospital is now doing first jabs for those born in 69 and 70.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Fri May 28, 2021 11:44 am

Perhaps that's why they aren't calling the 60 - 68 year olds on Clicsalud yet due to the shortage, although I thought they'd be offered the Pfizer now as a lot of people didn't want the AZ anyway.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Fri May 28, 2021 12:25 pm

I see that the EU has just passed AZ new cancer pill for early lung cancer, hopefully Macron and Leyden wont be rubbishing it.
Spanish news has conflicting reports, one is saying there are plenty of vaccine supplies and another there are shortages. I don't think I would be happy to mix brands, rather continue with limited cover from the first.

Free at Last
Resident

Postby Free at Last » Fri May 28, 2021 1:37 pm

olive wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 11:23 am Aren’t they mixing and matching? I read somewhere you could ask for a different vaccine to your first dose of AZ. Might have been in Ideal online.
They are offering people aged under 60 (essential workers) who had a first AZ jab the choice for their second, but have not (as far as I know) said people in their 60s will be given a choice, although I do know people in their late 60s who were told they would get the Pfizer jab for their first without them asking for it.

Free at Last
Resident

Postby Free at Last » Fri May 28, 2021 1:40 pm

katy wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 12:25 pm I don't think I would be happy to mix brands, rather continue with limited cover from the first.
I have misgivings about mixing vaccines too, I have read reports of the studies done about it which say it gives rise to 3 times as many side effects, and as my experience after the first AZ jab wasn't very pleasant I wouldn't be too keen on that. However, if we don't take a second jab of something, then we won't be able to get the "vaccine passport" as fully vaccinated, so would be unable to travel if they're to be required for that.

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Fri May 28, 2021 2:06 pm

FAL, many people not so good after the AZ first jab but no side effects with 2nd jab. :)

Free at Last
Resident

Postby Free at Last » Fri May 28, 2021 2:53 pm

Yes I have read that, Pamela, but my concerns are about the possibility of increased side effects if I should have to have Pfizer for the second dose, because of the reported shortage of the AZ vaccine, it seems there is nowhere near enough available to cover all those who had their first AZ dose.

Free at Last
Resident

Postby Free at Last » Fri May 28, 2021 4:48 pm

Now it turns out that those essential workers under 60 who choose to have Pfizer for their second vaccine dose will not be able to obtain the Junta de Andalucia vaccination certificate because the system is not capable of recognising that option and they will be classed as "vaccination incomplete" - although they claim this will be solved when the EU vaccine passport becomes available in July.

https://www.malagahoy.es/andalucia/segu ... 43579.html

olive
Andalucia Guru

Postby olive » Fri May 28, 2021 7:01 pm

Here is an item for essential workers on second dose choice, in English.

https://english.elpais.com/society/2021 ... -i-do.html

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Wed Jun 02, 2021 9:44 am

Both of us been called for the Janssen at a time that clashes with another appointment. I still don't want anything at the moment but my OH will probably have it if we can rearrange it for a more convenient day. Still unable to make the appointment via Clicsalud though, as we are in the age gap between 60 and 68. Not sure why that age group is being left out.

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Wed Jun 02, 2021 10:05 am

Wicksey can you ring the surgery and tell them that people in the 60 and 68 group have been unable to make an appointment via Clicsalud? they may be able to shed some light on it and perhaps they will be able to make the appointment for your OH, or maybe not, i don't know how it works over there so just a thought.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Wed Jun 02, 2021 6:47 pm

I was at the hospital today anyway this morning and my OH stuck his nose into the vacuno tent and said he wouldn't be able to make his appointment, but she just said to make another via Clicsalud. He couldn't cope with a very complicated conversation and I don't expect the vaccine nurse would have known why Clicsalud isn't working for us. Over the phone is not easy, especially as the health clinic receptionist keeps their mask on whilst on the phone so it's muffled Andaluz .... a bit too much for us I'm afraid.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Wed Jun 02, 2021 6:50 pm

Is the clicsalud app different to the standard app you download to make appointments etc?

The below was on the frigiliana townhall f.book page so i presume the same for torrox etc?

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_ ... 2111550931

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Thu Jun 03, 2021 8:29 am

https://english.elpais.com/society/2021 ... group.html

Jenssen for the over 40's until it runs out!

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Thu Jun 03, 2021 11:04 am

I have to use clicsalud on my computer or laptop as I use my digital certificate to access my records. I can look at all my previous Xrays, blood tests etc, medications plus can use it like the Saludresponde app on my phone to make appointments. You don't need to have a digital certificate to use it to make appointments though. https://www.sspa.juntadeandalucia.es/se ... clicsalud/

There was an article on the Spanish local news taking you through how to make your vaccine appointment step by step using the Clicsalud site. All very useful, but when you have been born in the missing years of 1954-1961 you cannot make a vaccine appointment via any of the websites or apps.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Sat Jun 05, 2021 7:02 pm

This might be of use if you are still waiting on a vaccine

https://www.facebook.com/groups/axarqui ... 145348841/

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Sun Jun 06, 2021 3:28 pm

The phone number for Axarquia jabs is 620 892260. I've yet to pluck up courage to phone. I'm OK if they're patient, but sometimes they just yabba at you and don't take account of the fact that you're struggling a bit on the phone. I shall have to bite the bullet next week and see if I can get something booked for my OH.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Sun Jun 06, 2021 5:12 pm

Aren't you able to go into your drs surgery yet wicksey?