Covid Vaccinations Spain

For tips, tricks and secrets on good health, beauty, fitness and sport join this forum.
Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Re: Covid Vaccinations Spain

Postby Wicksey » Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:19 am

I went in and was given the phone number above (same as on the website link you gave earlier). The rest of the conversation was unintelligible, being rapid fire and behind a mask :thumbdown: :lol:

Free at Last
Resident

Postby Free at Last » Mon Jun 07, 2021 8:25 pm

casita-bonita wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 12:46 pm My wife is also scheduled for 2nd jab on 1st July. Not heard anything to the contrary so we'll turn up as planned.
I've received another text message this evening to confirm that my appointment for the second jab will go ahead on 1st July as originally scheduled. I'm very glad to have this uncertainty cleared up. Hope your wife got one too.

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Mon Jun 07, 2021 11:21 pm

Wicksey wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:19 am I went in and was given the phone number above (same as on the website link you gave earlier). The rest of the conversation was unintelligible, being rapid fire and behind a mask :thumbdown: :lol:
I chuckled at your posts Wicksey, "Jabba." You got that one spot on. :lol:

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:17 am

Just read that the aforementioned phone number apparently 'doesn't seem to work anymore'. Maybe just overloaded?

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Tue Jun 08, 2021 11:17 am

Wicksey wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 3:28 pm The phone number for Axarquia jabs is 620 892260. I've yet to pluck up courage to phone. I'm OK if they're patient, but sometimes they just yabba at you and don't take account of the fact that you're struggling a bit on the phone. I shall have to bite the bullet next week and see if I can get something booked for my OH.
A neighbour got an appointment in the last hour for this evening on the above number

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Tue Jun 08, 2021 12:13 pm

It must be OK then. I still can't understand why they have not corrected the Clicsalud site so that those in our age bracket cannot simply do it online. It surely must be a lot simpler than having the call centre dealing with the 60-67 year olds?

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:38 am

They must have read my post! Now possible to make an appointment online for anyone born 1976 and prior.

Vacunación COVID-19
Pueden pedir cita para la primera dosis de vacunación todas las personas nacidas en 1976 y años anteriores independientemente de su aseguramiento (público, privado, mutualidad, etc).
Para ello, es necesario identificarse (con datos personales o con identificación segura) y después pulsar la opción Agenda Sanitaria/Pedir cita atención primaria.
Puede también obtener su Certificado Digital COVID UE, así como al de sus beneficiarios menores de 16 años, accediendo con identificación segura al apartado Salud/Certificados COVID-19. Más información.
Last edited by Wicksey on Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:51 am

Just tried to make an appointment online for my OH and was given the choice of Nerja or the hospital in Velez. Knowing that the hospital was giving Janssen which he would prefer, I tried making an appointment but it's not available at the moment. There are appointments at Nerja but what vaccine are they giving there and is there a choice? (The appointment previously given which he couldn't attend was at the tent at the hospital and clearly stated it was Janssen.) Has anyone had theirs in Nerja?

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Wed Jun 09, 2021 2:02 pm

Several i know have had Pfizer at nerja. From what ive read they seem to be using the jensen for age groups that have been delayed. One shot so it catches up. They only have about 500k jensens shots at the mo due to production delays. Then the 40-49 get Pfizer once jensen runs out. I'd like to know about the options aswell as personally im not keen on jensen.

olive
Andalucia Guru

Postby olive » Wed Jun 09, 2021 3:29 pm

We have just got back so couldnt attend our appointments in May. Went to health centre on Monday and got appointments. I had first jab (pfizer) yesterday and second one in three weeks. 40 people all with same appointment time….. 15 minute wait afterwards. Arm is a bit sore and I felt out of sorts this a.m. you do get a comprehensive sheet with likely side effects and take paracetamol. Contact number if persists.

OH has Janssen next week.what is your concern with single jab Janssen?

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:07 pm

Jensen is made the same way as astra. Even though theres been less cases and deaths due to blood clots for jensen than astra the risk is still there. And its only been given to 2 mill people in europe. Im not keen on being a Guinea pig .I take meds that increase the chances of a B.C so I'd rather take the jab which has the least risk as theres more chance of me getting run over by a bus than becoming seriously ill with covid due to my age.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:43 pm

Personally I don't fancy being a guinea pig full stop. My OH has been under the weather for the past couple of weeks so has now decided he is not keen to have anything for the time being. At the rate we're going, they'll be starting booster jabs in the autumn or winter so we may as well wait and see what happens. With the quarantine in the UK my OH is not going there any time soon, so we'll just wait I think for now.

olive
Andalucia Guru

Postby olive » Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:25 pm

I think none of us fancy being guinea pigs. On balance with the carrot of international travel and OH has underlying health conditions, no brainer..

I feel fine today. I am now fairly sure my brother, then my dad, then me had Covid March last year. Don’t know if you have worse side effects from the jab if you have or haven’t had Covid. Have read that much conflicting info.

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:01 pm

Olive, my son and daughter both had side effects from the jab and they have both had covid, everyone else in the family didn't have any side effects.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:47 am

Seems to be very much hit and miss interms of side effects

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:38 pm

So now i can make an appointment. Try to do it on the responde app as advised and surprise surprise all i get is an error message . Try ringing the phone nimber and it keeps asking me for my health number and cutting off. Drs not open till next week as its only open till 13.00! Aint technology great!!.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:39 pm

Have you tried the Clicsalud site elusive. You don't need a digital cert to access the appointments and I find it better than the Saludresponde app.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:26 pm

Ah ok. I thought you needed a digital cert. I'll have a look. Thanks

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:41 pm

Thanks wicksey. Ive booked an appointment for next week. Cant see where it says what you are getting though. Have to ask my neighbour as she said you could see it or just go into nerja and ask before. Thanks again.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:07 pm

I think Nerja must be Pfizer and perhaps the hospital is just Janssen. When the appointment was made for us at the Velez hospital tent it definitely said Janssen on the details, but when you make the appointment yourself it doesn't seem to say what you're getting.