Covid Vaccinations Spain

For tips, tricks and secrets on good health, beauty, fitness and sport join this forum.
markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Re: Covid Vaccinations Spain

Postby markwilding » Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:21 pm

I didn't even realise the nurse had done mine. I did start to feel a little pain a day or so later especially if I touch the area around the jab. My wife said she couldn't sleep lying on that side after her (Pfizer) jab but mine was nowhere near that bad.

I did experience some tiredness, which I'm not sure if it can be put down to the jab. Anyway My wife says that's because I'm lazy and as I'm on holiday this week there might be something in that.

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:29 pm

FAL i tend to agree about the 70%, unless of course they have a shed load of Sputnik coming in... it's becoming more and more difficult to keep up on which age groups can have AZ, so i take it that it's now just available to those between the ages of 60 and 65? What about all those outside of this age group who have already had one shot, the mind boggles.

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:58 pm

Germany is going down the mix and match route...people who have had one shot of AZ are being told to get the 2nd shot with a different vaccine. It may be that Spain will suggest the same, unless there is evidence that those who did develop blood clots did so after the first shot and there was no evidence of blood clots after people had the 2nd one.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:35 pm

On Telediario at lunchtime today, amid all the chaos, someone was trying to reassure the public that there was no problem with AstraZenica citing the fact that over twenty million people in the UK had received it and there had been only four deaths!

In reality that figure needs to be multiplied by about 120 because up until the 28th March there had been 472 deaths (or fatal outcome reports as they like to call them) and 440.871adverse reactions from AstraZeneca, 302 'fatal outcome reports' and 124.371 adverse reactions from Pfizer and 12 deaths and 1.367 adverse reports where the brand was unspecified, and these are only the ones that have been reported.

firsttango
Andalucia Guru

Postby firsttango » Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:53 pm

How on earth can it be deemed safe to "mix n match" vaccines? Has it been tested doing this? Sounds like a recipe for disaster to me,

Free at Last
Resident

Postby Free at Last » Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:10 pm

Pamela1 wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:29 pm it's becoming more and more difficult to keep up on which age groups can have AZ, so i take it that it's now just available to those between the ages of 60 and 65? What about all those outside of this age group who have already had one shot, the mind boggles.
That's what they are saying at the moment, Pamela, although they are now discussing whether to extend that to those between 65 and 70. The President of the JdeA has also been reported as saying today that those under 60 who have already received a first dose of the AZ vaccine should still get the second one, but I don't suppose it's his decision to make.

https://www.malagahoy.es/andalucia/Coro ... 45972.html

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:47 pm

firsttango wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:53 pm How on earth can it be deemed safe to "mix n match" vaccines? Has it been tested doing this? Sounds like a recipe for disaster to me,
No problem at all. They just put it in your other arm.

Sid

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:52 pm

But if you die or have a serious adverse reaction which company gets the blame? Actually I suppose it doesn't matter because the pharmaceutical companies have immunity from prosecution for killing and maiming people anyway.

firsttango
Andalucia Guru

Postby firsttango » Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:53 pm

El Cid wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:47 pm
firsttango wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:53 pm How on earth can it be deemed safe to "mix n match" vaccines? Has it been tested doing this? Sounds like a recipe for disaster to me,
No problem at all. They just put it in your other arm.

Sid
:yawn: :yawn: :yawn:

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Thu Apr 08, 2021 5:17 pm

Beachcomber wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:52 pm But if you die or have a serious adverse reaction which company gets the blame? Actually I suppose it doesn't matter because the pharmaceutical companies have immunity from prosecution for killing and maiming people anyway.
It would only prove mix n match is a bad idea, i don't suppose any of the pharmaceutical companies have any information on their leaflets stating that their vaccines can be safely used in conjunction with another...sue the governments who authorised it.

Free at Last
Resident

Postby Free at Last » Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:22 am

It has now been confirmed that Spain will use the AstraZeneca vaccine for people aged between 60 and 69.

https://elpais.com/sociedad/2021-04-08/ ... -anos.html

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Fri Apr 09, 2021 12:16 pm

So at least they can get on with vaccinating that group of people if they have the vaccine supplies already in the country to get on with it.

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Fri Apr 09, 2021 12:47 pm

Similar story up here in Murcia - we went today - first wave of 75-79 age group. Usual Spanish chaos, with jammed streets of cars, no one allowed in a large empty car park, no drop-off zone so taxis & cars snarl up all access.
Having said that, the actual process was smooth and painless - Pfizer vaccine given along with slip telling you appointment for second jab.
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:23 pm

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:48 pm

elusive wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:23 pm 70-79 to get janssen
So we have had the Pfizer jab as 75-79ers, will that be it? Or do we still get a 2nd Pfizer, or Oxford as a 2nd?
What a farce!
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:17 pm

You will get Phizer as the second three weeks after the first jab.

Moderna is 4 weeks.

Sid

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:24 am

But stay clear of the 'South African variant':

https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-heal ... KKBN2BX0JX

biribiri
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby biribiri » Tue Apr 13, 2021 3:40 pm

Just a quick question to those of you who have had a jab. Did you have to present your health card?
The reason I ask is that as we only have private health cover we registered at our health just for the vaccs but were not given any temp sip cards.
We both received a phone call this morning with appointments to turn up on Thursday morning for our jabs. I'm just a bit worried that we will be turned away without any cards.

Free at Last
Resident

Postby Free at Last » Tue Apr 13, 2021 3:49 pm

biribiri wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 3:40 pm Just a quick question to those of you who have had a jab. Did you have to present your health card?
The reason I ask is that as we only have private health cover we registered at our health just for the vaccs but were not given any temp sip cards.
We both received a phone call this morning with appointments to turn up on Thursday morning for our jabs. I'm just a bit worried that we will be turned away without any cards.
I did take mine with me, and showed it to the staff when my name and details needed to be checked (just because I generally find it easier when doing anything official to have something with my name, etc. on it in writing so I don't have to spell out an unfamiliar foreign name to the staff) - but I wasn't actually asked to produce it, and I don't remember seeing anyone else present one either.

biribiri
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby biribiri » Tue Apr 13, 2021 3:57 pm

Ok Thanks for that. I'll post how we get on