Covid Vaccinations Spain

For tips, tricks and secrets on good health, beauty, fitness and sport join this forum.
El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Re: Covid Vaccinations Spain

Postby El Cid » Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:30 pm

Same for me but in Almuñécar. Same age. It looks like Andalucia are ahead of the curve with their vaccination strategy.

Sid

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:38 pm

Last time i looked andalucia was top of the league for the amount of vaccines given in comparison to the amount they have been given. 90 plus %

Free at Last
Resident

Postby Free at Last » Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:46 am

I've just had my call this morning (surprised me because I didn't think they'd be working on Jueves Santo) to go for my first vaccination next week, at the mass vaccination point on the feria ground in Vélez. I'm 64. No date for the second injection was mentioned, hopefully I'll be told that when I go for my appointment.

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Thu Apr 01, 2021 1:32 pm

This is just a wild guess, might be totally wrong.
The Astra Zeneca vaccination is being given to the "up to 65 age group"
Perhaps the mass vaccination point on the feria ground in Vélez only uses the Astra Zeneca vaccination?
So the "over 65 aged group" have to go to the Salud medical centre for their non-Astra Zeneca vaccination?
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

Free at Last
Resident

Postby Free at Last » Thu Apr 01, 2021 3:56 pm

Yes, I think that's right, Gerry. The over 70s go to the local health centre and get the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine, and the 55-64 age group go to the mass vaccination point and get the AstraZeneca vaccine. I had read that Andalucia was going to start vaccinating the 55-64 year olds from 15 April, so they seem to be about a week ahead of schedule.

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:02 pm

Had my first jab this evening. The next one is in June so there must have been a change of policy. My 81 year old mother in law hasn't had hers yet.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Sun Apr 04, 2021 10:07 pm

So which vaccine was that?

The Pfizer and Moderna are 4 weeks for the second jab.

Sid

EDIT. Pfizer is 3 weeks apart

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Sun Apr 04, 2021 10:48 pm

My first jab is on 7th April and the second one on 28th April.
So three weeks apart.
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Mon Apr 05, 2021 12:49 am

I had the AstraZeneca. Here it's 12 weeks apart. My next one is 27th June 20 minutes before the start of the quarter final of the European championships for which I have tickets.
I'll try to go a bit early to see if they will let me get away for the match. I arrived about 20 minutes early for this one and there was no waiting. Of course it will also depend on the fact that spectators will be allowed to attend

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:49 am

Don't know if it is only certain areas but France has an 8 week gap now. Seems it has been found to be more beneficial now for a longer interval. Our local surgery is calling those due for their second jab 2 weeks early, don't know why.
Not long ago that the UK was being mocked for the gap, especially on forums. I am reminded of the song and dance

You put you left arm in, your left arm out etc Oh Okey Cokey.

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:13 am

Katy it is probably because this month they are concentrating on giving out the 2nd dose due to shortages of vaccine for those who are waiting to be called for their first jab.. I had my first jab in Feb and by mid May i am expecting to be called for the 2nd jab however i thought it might come earlier, we shall see...There has been a big push to get people from 60yrs old up to come forward, those who have not made appointments to be vaccinated. I think the system has gone on overdrive, both OTH and i have received 3 letters each since our last jab asking us to book our first jab.. :lol:

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:12 am

Can we please stick to the subject which is Covid Vaccinations SPAIN.

It is getting confusing, particularly about the interval between vaccines as the situation in the UK is wildly different to that in Spain.

In Spain it is 4 weeks for Moderna and 3 weeks for Pfizer.

Sid

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:43 am

In Spain it seems that it is also 12weeks for AstraZeneka at least that is what Marks post has indicated.

Unicorn
Resident

Postby Unicorn » Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:57 am

I agree that we should stick to reportage on the vaccinations in Spain. Anecdotal evidence from residents in Andalucia is interesting and informative. Anecdotal evidence from other countries is meaningless and not helpful, given the purpose of this particular forum.

Perhaps posters could indicate if the information they are giving is , at least, in Spain, especially Andalucia, and where in Andalucia if they wish to disclose.

Thanks. :wave: :wave:

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:13 pm

Pamela1 wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:43 am In Spain it seems that it is also 12weeks for AstraZeneca at least that is what Marks post has indicated.
That is my situation with AstraZeneca. My wife had the Pfizer and they were three weeks apart.

This seems to confirm that Spain is going to delay the period between AstraZeneca doses and is not a policy only for this region

.https://english.elpais.com/society/2021 ... break.html

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:36 pm

Its been 12 weeks in Andalucia from the start. I doubt that, apart from Mark, many members have had the AZ jab.

Sid

Screagle
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Screagle » Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:54 pm

12 weeks is recommended for OAZ dosing according to this BMJ news item: https://www.bmj.com/content/372/bmj.n326

Saludos

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:05 pm

The government of the autónomous region of Castile y Leon has suspended the use of Astra Zeneca:

https://in.news.yahoo.com/spains-castil ... 35301.html

firsttango
Andalucia Guru

Postby firsttango » Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:27 am

The Vaccine Tent in the El Ingenio car park was doing a roaring trade this morning complete with local dignitaries and TV crews, lots of press and local cub reporter spotted so watch this space :lol:

https://www.facebook.com/axarquiaplusin ... 0132076427

Free at Last
Resident

Postby Free at Last » Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:34 am

I've been for my first jab this morning (AZ) at the mass vaccination centre set up in a large marquee at the Vélez-Málaga feria ground (I think it's serving quite a wide area, have heard that people living in Nerja and in inland villages have their appointments there). My appointment was for 11.02 and I got there at 10.55. I counted 20 people ahead of me waiting outside, had my name checked off on the list at 10.59 and went inside to sit down and wait. Was called forward at 11.10 and given the leaflet about the benefits of the vaccine and possible side effects, asked if I had any allergies and for details of any medication I was taken, and told that my appointment for the second dose would be on 1 July and I'd be given a letter with the details, and would not receive a phone call about the second appointment. Then ushered to a table where two staff with laptops and a printer checked my details on the computer and printed off the confirmation of the second appointment for me. Then on to a nurse who administered the jab, painless. Finally at 11.15 to the waiting area where we were asked to sit down for 15 minutes before leaving. The Alcalde and an entourage including some bigwig from the Junta de Andalucia arrived on a publicity visit and went around having a few words with various people, including me. I left at 11.30 to catch the bus home, so the whole thing didn't take long at all.

I was relieved there was so little standing in line in the open air involved as I start to feel ill if I have to stand for any length of time. No ill effects at all so far, not even a sore arm, but that could change.

I haven't seen any reports yet on what the likely effect on the vaccination campaign of Spain's decision not to give the AZ vaccine to under 60s will be, but I can't help thinking there is very little chance of them achieving the target of 70% of the adult population being vaccinated by the end of summer without it.