Covid Vaccinations Spain

For tips, tricks and secrets on good health, beauty, fitness and sport join this forum.
katy
Andalucia Guru

Re: Covid Vaccinations Spain

Postby katy » Tue Mar 02, 2021 3:39 pm

Dunflittin68 wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 3:11 pm Apparently after speaking with my daughter in Torrox, she told me that they do Covid tests at the same place as she and her partner went for medicals for their Spanish driving license. So there is a local service for it apparently.
Have you thought that it could be the other way. Your daughter and Husband would need a test too if you are being very cautious?

Dunflittin68
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Dunflittin68 » Tue Mar 02, 2021 4:00 pm

Wicksey wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 3:28 pm I believe in mixing with people as normally as possible although I accept I am not in any way in the vulnerable group. We've been meeting friends for lunch and eating out as normal when possible throughout the past year, for example. I know people have been told to shield but then surely they lose their natural immunity to some extent. (My FIL was a dentist and was very healthy all the time he was working in close contact with his patients, but when he retired and saw few other people he seemed to catch everything going.) It is very sad that the person you write about caught Covid in the hospital, which I don't think is uncommon from what I've read over the past year. The series of events that lead him there were such bad luck.
Yes it was bad luck, but there have been so many cases here of people only mixing for one day (on the BBC news lunchtime, one family spent Christmas Day together and lost 2 member of their family), and they have lost family members to Covid. We had the choice to obey the rules of not meeting up for Christmasin our family and we didn't. I haven't seen most of the members of my family including my kids for months. I haven't been together with my two married sisters who I am close to since the beginning of the lockdown in November. We speak on the phone but that is it. My sister suffers with asthma and her son caught Covid and she kept him separated in the upstairs bedroom for 2 weeks until his illness and the isolation period was over. You can't be too careful with a killer disease. One family here lost 4 members of their family to Covid as it spread through their household.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Tue Mar 02, 2021 4:33 pm

I know of a few people who have had it but with only flu-like symptoms, but don't know of anyone who has died. The death rates, if you believe the stats, of those testing positive dying are actually very small with over 70s being the highest percentage. Here almost 50% of the deaths relate to those in care homes, so this is why they should concentrate on vaccinating the elderly and vulnerable first.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Tue Mar 02, 2021 4:55 pm

I have a 91 year old friend who lives in Torrox Costa. He had not yet been called for a vaccination, but two other friends of ours, in their 80's are having theirs today in Torrox.

The only reason I can think of is that when he moved from Nerja, he did not change his health centre and still goes to Nerja. He will now be on the Torrox Padron. I have read that when they check who they need to call for an appointment, they cross check the Padron. That could be why he has been missed out.

Has anyone else come across this situation?

Sid

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Tue Mar 02, 2021 5:08 pm

My wife has an 87 year old client who has lived in the same municipality for several years and is a regular visitor to the health centre so most definitely would be on their radar. She has not been contacted but is not too concerned as she does not intend to have it anyway.

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Tue Mar 02, 2021 6:31 pm

That's a sad story, Dunflittin. My Dad went to hospital because of a fall, months ago now, and a patient with Covid (but not checked or tested so no one knew) was admitted on to the ward and the whole ward went into isolation. The other patients were constantly tested and after three negative tests my Dad was allowed home. Hospitals, like care homes, have been deadly places.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Tue Mar 02, 2021 6:37 pm

I think the UK figure is 40% died in care homes, 30% in Hospitals and 99% of the rest were already dying from other causes.

Dunflittin68
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Dunflittin68 » Tue Mar 02, 2021 8:17 pm

Lavanda wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 6:31 pm That's a sad story, Dunflittin. My Dad went to hospital because of a fall, months ago now, and a patient with Covid (but not checked or tested so no one knew) was admitted on to the ward and the whole ward went into isolation. The other patients were constantly tested and after three negative tests my Dad was allowed home. Hospitals, like care homes, have been deadly places.
Yes it is sad because it was all so unnecessary really if he had had the jab at the same time as his wife. Many of the people who died in hospital here have gone in with other health problems and caught Covid and died. Many people in the family and friends I spoke to were terrified of having to go to hospital for any treatment in case they caught it there. Too many have died in there for my liking and I have to wonder how hard they tried to isolate them that had it and whether it was the staff passing it around by working on other wards when the staff were off sick from those wards. Even now with numbers dropping, I would be very wary about being hospitalised in view of the number of non white medical staff who are refusing to have the jab! You might expect some of that fear in the local population where some ethnic minorities might not know better but you don't expect it from the medical profession with all the info at their fingertips. They really shouldn't be given a choice when they are caring for elderly people.

johnm
Tourist

Postby johnm » Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:27 pm

The article in "The Local " is disturbing. It reads "https://www.thelocal.es/20210302/foreig ... andalusia/"
Basically the article says that anyone not on the State System (using private health insurance ) will have to go cack to the UK to be vaccinated. This is a reversal of previous satatements
romero

johnm
Tourist

Postby johnm » Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:35 pm

Galicia is reported to be the first autonomous region to make vaccination compulsory ewith a €60,000 fine for refusal.
Who will be next?
romero

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:43 pm

I don't know where the local gets their information but it wouldn't be the first time they published fake news....I'm not saying this isn't true but i would be very wary.

Paddy Pumpkin
Resident

Postby Paddy Pumpkin » Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:51 pm

johnm wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:27 pm The article in "The Local " is disturbing. It reads "https://www.thelocal.es/20210302/foreig ... andalusia/"
Basically the article says that anyone not on the State System (using private health insurance ) will have to go cack to the UK to be vaccinated. This is a reversal of previous satatements
I wonder how they will define 'their own countries'.

I have passports from 3 countries and have lived in 5 countries. 2 of which are outside the EU. The passport I used to gain residencia in Spain is from a country I have never lived in and have no rights to use the healthcard system there either. Wish me luck!

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Tue Mar 02, 2021 11:51 pm

Our area here in the Uk is starting to see vaccine shortages, i had mine 10 miles away and today OTH got a letter inviting him to book in, the only available slots are now 50 miles away, after that they are even further afield...Hancock has admitted that supplies are patchy..A friend phoned the surgery and told them she doesn't drive..They told her that they don't know when there will be vaccines in our area again.Sounds pretty dire considering there are many elderly here who would not be able to go 50miles and a big put off to other people..I envisage problems which need sorting, this could lead to 2nd vaccinations going over the 12 week gap.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:02 am

The article was originally in the spanish press pertaining to andalucia. i think The politician/spokesperson has given conflicting info so other reporters are trying to get clarifaction. This is the problem you have when the laws arent properly inforced. Ie all legal resident are entitled to state healthcare. You can see this in some of their comments of telling the unregulated immigrants to go to their consulates and become regular. They dont understand that these people are totally legal already yet are refused their right to healthcare.Now when something like covid happens all the people who were refused or never applied because they have private care come to the surface where before they were ignored.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:30 am

Any information about Spanish citizens who have private health care?

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:49 am

https://english.elpais.com/society/2021 ... ummer.html

An article about the slow rollout of vaccines here

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Wed Mar 03, 2021 11:00 am

katy wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:30 am Any information about Spanish citizens who have private health care?
I assume all citizens are in the system, but foreigners who are not could have a problem

https://www.euroweeklynews.com/2021/03/ ... -in-spain/

Sid

jhonie99
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby jhonie99 » Wed Mar 03, 2021 11:08 am

Behind the scenes, private healthcare companies are working with the relevant authorities with regard vaccinations.

I have private healthcare with ADESLAS but it's through MUFACE, so slightly different to the typical situation.

But, we received notification some time ago from MUFACE instructing us to ensure our contact details are correct, to enable the vac process.

The vac process is controlled at Autonomous Region level, so I have to presume my details will be given to the relevant health centre in due course.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Wed Mar 03, 2021 1:18 pm

Wicksey wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:49 am https://english.elpais.com/society/2021 ... ummer.html

An article about the slow rollout of vaccines here
Whenever I read vaccination articles in European media they are always referring to UK only giving one dose. This is despite the fact that over 844,000 have had both doses and this will be going quicker as people are given their second date when receiving the first.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Wed Mar 03, 2021 3:34 pm

Private firms seem to be waiting on permission from the goverment to buy stocks to use on their clients according to reports from those who have asked their providers on other sites.