Covid Vaccinations Spain

For tips, tricks and secrets on good health, beauty, fitness and sport join this forum.
costakid
Andalucia Guru

Re: Covid Vaccinations Spain

Postby costakid » Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:30 pm

I was born in the 50s and did all of the above and more. I am not for the vaccine but I will have it as without I am sure there will be restrictions on travel which I cant do without. If I was like Beachcomber who never leaves Spain I probably wouldn’t bother having the jab.

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:00 pm

Costakid, I feel that we will be cornered and only because not having the vaccine may prevent us from doing what we like to do which is travel.If it was a simple case of being banned from going into cinemas. theatres, football stadiums..then for me that would be easy.What isn't easy is owning a property abroad and not being able to travel to it. So until we are told that no one can travel unless they have had the vaccine i am in no hurry to get it. :)

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:10 pm

I'm in no hurry either. By the time they get around to me it will be, maybe, April. We'll see what the situation is then ...

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:24 pm

There will be so many serious adverse reactions to the vaccines by then that enforcing this kind of requirement will be impossible but we have to ensure that all incidents are reported not just to the local medical authorities who may just gloss over them but also on the link I gave in the Amigos Lounge which is totally independent.

And let's not forget Article 6 of the Universal Declaration on Bioethics and Human Rights of the Unesco Constitution:

http://portal.unesco.org/en/ev.php-URL_ ... N=201.html

Article 6 – Consent

1. Any preventive, diagnostic and therapeutic medical intervention is only to be carried out with the prior, free and informed consent of the person concerned, based on adequate information. The consent should, where appropriate, be express and may be withdrawn by the person concerned at any time and for any reason without disadvantage or prejudice.

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:51 pm

Pamela1 wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:00 pm Costakid, I feel that we will be cornered and only because not having the vaccine may prevent us from doing what we like to do which is travel.If it was a simple case of being banned from going into cinemas. theatres, football stadiums..then for me that would be easy.What isn't easy is owning a property abroad and not being able to travel to it. So until we are told that no one can travel unless they have had the vaccine i am in no hurry to get it. :)
Totally agree, If you could be gauranteed travel I would give the jab a miss. Somehow I dont think that will happen.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:55 pm

It could be enforced by stealth though for people who want to travel. I have been to a few places where vaccinations are required to enter the country.

olive
Andalucia Guru

Postby olive » Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:13 pm

How would that work though.?

Going somewhere like Haiti. You need xxxx vaccine. Best for you to have it. Do you need it to travel?

Covid vaccine. You suddenly decide to travel, could you get a Covid vaccination? Would you get a QR code or slip of paper to prove it? Plus the vaccine alleviates symptoms not providing immunity or immunity from onward transmission as I understand.

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:29 pm

My mother was given a small card with her vaccination info on it and she was told not to lose it..Perhaps that card is the passport to freedom.. :lol: :lol:

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:33 pm

Your dont have the same name as your mother do you? Just thinking out aloud.

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:06 am

No costakid but if only. :lol: :lol:

Paddy Pumpkin
Resident

Postby Paddy Pumpkin » Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:40 am

It could be enforced in the same way as Yellow Fever vaccination in mandatory to enter some countries.

https://www.passporthealthusa.com/vacci ... low-fever/

Paddy Pumpkin
Resident

Postby Paddy Pumpkin » Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:43 am

Beachcomber wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:24 pm There will be so many serious adverse reactions to the vaccines by then that enforcing this kind of requirement will be impossible but we have to ensure that all incidents are reported not just to the local medical authorities who may just gloss over them but also on the link I gave in the Amigos Lounge which is totally independent.

And let's not forget Article 6 of the Universal Declaration on Bioethics and Human Rights of the Unesco Constitution:

http://portal.unesco.org/en/ev.php-URL_ ... N=201.html

Article 6 – Consent

1. Any preventive, diagnostic and therapeutic medical intervention is only to be carried out with the prior, free and informed consent of the person concerned, based on adequate information. The consent should, where appropriate, be express and may be withdrawn by the person concerned at any time and for any reason without disadvantage or prejudice.
Why do you think that there will be so many serious adverse reactions?

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:06 pm

According on of the juntas posters over 70's will get the vaccine from the middle of march-end of april. With an in between period of 6 weeks for the two doses

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:20 pm

The President of Exremadura justifies the delay in vaccinations because he is not sure of it's usefulness against Covid. Article reports that the area is now the highest province for infections. He has a right to his opinions but not sure it should be in his power to decide?

https://www.elmundo.es/espana/2021/01/1 ... b464c.html

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:40 pm

I'm happy with his stance on the whole thing. He is a forensic doctor by profession and has always seemed pretty sensible.

Last night, at midnight, all the villages, towns and cities in Extremadura were closed. We can only leave our village for medical, work or education reasons. Places with more than 5,000 inhabitants must have all bars, cafés and restaurants shut as well as practically everything else.

We do have lots of infections but that is because we are a very popular place for visitors at times such as fiestas and ferias. The recent spike is related to the Christmas and New Year influx of people who want to spend the holidays with Grannie and family. The villages and towns and cities should have been shut from 1st December, in my opinion, well before the puente and stayed shut for the rest of the month.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:02 pm

Things seemed to have changed quickly there. When we went upto caceres during the october national holiday break i dont think there was alot of cases in the area?

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:18 pm

There has been a steady trickle but it is worse now. I think people relaxed and did the holiday fiesta thing over the last month. We have a few cases in the village most of the time yet no one goes to hospital and everyone survives, even the really elderly in their 80s and 90s. So far. I have no idea why this is the case but maybe it's their hard and healthy outdoor lifestyle?

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:53 pm

Seems to be typical of everywhere now. The numbers are shooting up because of xmas etc. One report said 70% of infections are from social gatherings. You have a beautiful region.glad we got there when we did

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:37 pm

I agree Elusive, we are paying the price of Xmas/New Year and in the case of Spain, Kings also. People got together whether they were allowed to or not and the end result was to be expected.
The Uk has put so much emphasis on the new variant but i believe it was also used as a convenient excuse for leaving London and the South East in tier 2, it's winter and they know viruses spread more in winter. Hard to decide what to do but money certainly led to that decision and in the end we stand to lose more than they tried to save.

olive
Andalucia Guru

Postby olive » Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:17 pm

It is all about risk management regardless of the country. There would have been civil disobedience then the government would lose control. So we all knew infections woould rocket by allowing us to have our Christmas here but they had no choice.