Covid Vaccinations Spain

For tips, tricks and secrets on good health, beauty, fitness and sport join this forum.
Paddy Pumpkin
Resident

Re: Covid Vaccinations Spain

Postby Paddy Pumpkin » Sun May 09, 2021 11:15 pm

I lived in Asia so travel vaccines were something I was having on an almost annual basis.bI don't remember a time I didn't have a side effect. Be that a sore arm or feeling a bit groggy.

There is a huge focus on side effects of the vaccines when the reality is side effects are normal, just as long as they aren't serious and widespread then there is nothing to worry about.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Mon May 10, 2021 9:41 am

We had typhoid vaccination many years back and were both very ill afterwards but I would have it again if I had to. I am thinking of more long term unknown side effects as these Covid vaccines have not been tested for long. Pfizer have had a previous case against them for a SARS vaccine that caused narcolopsy in children, just as an example. Most people I know can take all sorts of pills and potions without any side effects, but I am usually the one in 100,000 that gets some weird and wonderful bad effect. (I don't read the leaflet beforehand either, so I am not imagining it.)

From Clicsalud:
Vacunación COVID-19
Pueden pedir cita para la primera dosis de vacunación las personas nacidas entre los años 1962 y 1964 (57,58 y 59 años) y las de 68 años o más (nacidas en 1953 y años anteriores) independientemente de su aseguramiento (público, privado, mutualidad, etc).
Para ello, es necesario identificarse (con datos personales o con identificación segura) y después pulsar la opción Agenda Sanitaria/Pedir cita atención primaria.

I was called a few weeks back but my OH, who's the same age, hasn't. They seem to have left out those aged 60-67 in their call-up programme for some reason.

Free at Last
Resident

Postby Free at Last » Thu May 13, 2021 4:46 pm

Anyone who has had a first dose of the AZ vaccine may have received a text today (as I have) telling them that the second dose will now be given after 16 weeks not 12 weeks as was originally scheduled, so the appointment I had been given for 1st July is cancelled and I have to await a new date. I am not at all pleased about this and now wish I had refused the AZ vaccine and by now I could have had a Pfizer or Moderna one as friends a few years older or younger than me have had.

casita-bonita
Resident

Postby casita-bonita » Thu May 13, 2021 5:02 pm

Didn't the message say those under 60?

However i had AZ last night and was given a date of 1st Sep, ie 15 weeks away anyway for the second dose.
Regards

Bob

Free at Last
Resident

Postby Free at Last » Thu May 13, 2021 5:06 pm

The message itself does not say anything about those under 60. There is a link in the message for more information but it doesn't seem to work. I have seen news sources elsewhere saying this applies to those under 60, but I am 64 so why have they sent me the message? They seem to be able to distinguish between people in different age groups quite easily via the app, for example, which won't let you book appointments for things like the Covid19 vaccine or the annual flu jab if you don't fit the age profile.

casita-bonita
Resident

Postby casita-bonita » Thu May 13, 2021 5:14 pm

Follow the link in the message to the website:-

The Ministry of Health extends to 16 weeks the period to administer the second dose to people under 60 years of age who already have a dose of AstraZeneca

Courtesy Mr Google
Regards

Bob

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Thu May 13, 2021 5:42 pm

The mind boggles, after all the controversy about the Uk spacing the vaccines 12 weeks apart and now Spain sees fit to make it 16 weeks for some of their residents.

Free at Last
Resident

Postby Free at Last » Thu May 13, 2021 6:42 pm

casita-bonita wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 5:14 pm

Follow the link in the message to the website:-

The Ministry of Health extends to 16 weeks the period to administer the second dose to people under 60 years of age who already have a dose of AstraZeneca

Courtesy Mr Google
I had seen that information - but it does not say anywhere within it that existing second appointments for those people aged 60 or over who have had the first dose of the AZ vaccine will go ahead after 12 weeks as planned. If you only had your first AZ vaccine last night (presumably you are 60 or over or you would not have been given the AZ vaccine) and your second dose will be in 15 weeks' time, that would seem to indicate that they will not. My point is that we should not be having to guess whether our appointments will go ahead or not.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Thu May 13, 2021 7:43 pm

Lots of people on f.book groups who are over the age of 60 have had the delay texts. 67 was the oldest i have read so far. Whats thd reasoning? Works better or a shortage?

Paddy Pumpkin
Resident

Postby Paddy Pumpkin » Thu May 13, 2021 8:14 pm

https://www.xataka.com/medicina-y-salud ... ar-vacunas

They are waiting to see if they will mix vaccines.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Fri May 14, 2021 9:48 am

I was offered the vaccine a few weeks back but refused it, I'm 62. Then after that they seemed to stop doing those in their early 60s and now the website says 68 and over, or late 50s. My OH (62) hasn't been called so far.

Friends in the late 60s said they didn't want the AZ when called so were given Pfizer, and have their 2nd jabs just a few weeks away. I wonder if there's a shortage of AZ hence the longer gap between jabs?

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Fri May 14, 2021 11:38 am

Paddy is probably correct. Most countries are looking at mixing the jabs. Don’t think there is a shortage of AZ. Last time I saw a list all EU countries had a stockpile. Germany could be short as they are now recommending AZ to all ages.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Fri May 14, 2021 1:03 pm

40-49 age group in june for andalucia according to media reports. Goverment has bought up huge amounts of Pfizer so i presume that will be the choice vaccine?

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Sun May 16, 2021 9:56 pm

More and more people have had the jab but some with adverse reactions. In this article it goes some way to explain why some get some flu symptoms and others don't.
Another interesting question is whether it makes any difference whether having a reaction makes to how much protection it gives, It seems it doesn't make any difference at all.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-56932833

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Mon May 17, 2021 9:15 am

Still not calling the 60 - 67 year-olds though. Clic salud has the same message re people of 68 and over and late 50s.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Mon May 17, 2021 2:25 pm

I know people in that age group 60-67 who have had it over the last several weeks.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Mon May 17, 2021 2:32 pm

I was called a few weeks back and I'm 62, but the Clicsalud site now only mentions the age groups above (68+, late 50s). My OH hasn't been called up yet and he cannot book it as he's not in the age groups now shown. It's just strange how they are doing the ages.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Mon May 17, 2021 3:38 pm

Sounds to me the right arm doesn’t know what the left arm is doing.

casita-bonita
Resident

Postby casita-bonita » Mon May 24, 2021 11:49 am

Just had a call changing the date of my second AV jab from 1st Sept to 4th August. So bought back to 12 weeks rather than 15.. Couple of postings on FB indicate that I'm not alone in this.
Regards

Bob

Free at Last
Resident

Postby Free at Last » Mon May 24, 2021 12:12 pm

I just met someone whilst out shopping who said exactly the same - so maybe my original appointment for 1st July will stand (I had my first jab on 8th April). I haven't heard anything yet following receipt of the text message, will try asking at the health centre a bit nearer the time if I still haven't had a call, otherwise I'm inclined to turn up on 1st July and see what happens. It's not as if I have far to go.