Covid Vaccinations Spain

For tips, tricks and secrets on good health, beauty, fitness and sport join this forum.
elusive
Andalucia Guru

Re: Covid Vaccinations Spain

Postby elusive » Sat Jan 02, 2021 3:53 pm

Anyone know if theres going to be a 3 month delay in giving the second dose like the uk. Or are they gonna use the other vaccines

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Sat Jan 02, 2021 4:12 pm

I don't think it will matter. We were told, originally, that the second dose needed to be administered within x weeks (I forget as it's so uninteresting as everything changes every five minutes what is the point of 'knowing' anything?). Now, because of supply problems we are told that we can skip the second dose or have it at much longer gap between the two jabs. Obviously, it's not important or an exact science. Maybe because it doesn't actually work???

Paddy Pumpkin
Resident

Postby Paddy Pumpkin » Sat Jan 02, 2021 11:51 pm

Just because BJ flip flops and changes his mind every 27 seconds it does mean we should give up. Realistically vaccine is our only way out.

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Sun Jan 03, 2021 9:53 am

From your last sentence I can work out that you really mean”... it does NOT mean we should give up.” However, I think our only way out is to get aliens to bomb Planet Earth with capsules of common sense. Failing that ... who knows.

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Re: Covid Vaccinations Span

Postby markwilding » Sun Jan 03, 2021 10:13 am

I was sure Olive wanted this as a thread for useful information, not an extension of other threads
olive wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 12:48 am Positive contributions?

Well we have another thread in Amigos where people are expressing their concerns about whether vaccines work, are necessary and so on.

I thought this thread could be a useful source of information for those interested in being vaccinated. Details like dates, how they found out they were eligible( eg phone call, notice in health centre, chart in local paper) where process was carried out, how long it took, why they had to sit for fifteen minutes afterwards. Was it a timed appointment or just turn up and wait. Can you go to any centre in your Province.

Hope that clarifies.

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Sun Jan 03, 2021 10:22 am

Hoping for common sense is EXTREMELY positive.

Anyway, people who want to be vaccinated can be, and will be, in the very near future so that is positive, isn't it???

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:05 pm

Anyone not wanting the vaccine but needing to give a reason, just tell them you are a Catholic.

https://english.elpais.com/spanish_news ... ccine.html

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:15 pm

Have spain said which vaccine they will be using?

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99, cartama campo since 2022

Postby spanish_lad » Fri Jan 08, 2021 6:21 am

I saw a very interesting video yesterday, lots of "zooming in" on vaccination syringes without needles, some with the caps still on, some without even rolling up a sleeve...
Alhaurin el Grande since 99, working at the airport since 2011.

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:24 am

You sound like an anti vaxer?

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:26 am

So now we need a covid test to return to the UK. Good thing is they accept the cheaper versions so now the only problem is finding a place in Malaga area who is not going to cash in and charge a fortune. The lamp test and the lateral test should be no more than 50 or 60 euros. PCR is more expensive.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:32 am

There is a difference between being an 'antivaxxer' and being concerned that a vaccine that has not been properly tested and has no proven value is being distributed and politicians, medical staff etc are faking being vaccinated in order to persuade the proletariat to do so.

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:36 am

Thats true Beach, I am not anti vaxer but I dont really fancy the jab as I think its rushed. The problem is I fly a lot and I think it will stop me if I dont have it this year. I hope to leave it as late as possible. If I never had to fly or get on a ferry again I would not be having the jab.

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:56 am

People will not travel, no one wants to prepare for a major op just to go on holiday, the requirements of getting there and back plus the extra costs will be a massive put off..For the tourism industry and all those businesses conected the carnage just grows bigger.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:15 pm

Testing is useless, the virus could be caught travelling from the test centre. I am anti lockdown too. However, seeing as the rest of the world is doing it why should the UK be slammed. eg. 2 days ago a Virgin flight flew into Heathrow from South Africa, passengers are supposed to quarantine but we all know many don't. A friend has a place in Tenerife. They spend a month there and then a month in UK. They have continued to do that throughout the panic, they are there now. have seen many comments on Spanish Facebook criticising British for travelling to UK and back but it is a 2 way process and many Spaniards working in UK went back to Spain.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:41 pm

Testing isn't useless, its just not 100% effective for the reasons you gave. It's better than nothing.

It's a bit like the MOT/ITV. Tested OK - brakes fail on the way home - 5 killed! I don't think anyone would suggest vehicle testing is useless.

Sid

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Fri Jan 08, 2021 6:18 pm

katy wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:15 pm Testing is useless, the virus could be caught travelling from the test centre. I am anti lockdown too. However, seeing as the rest of the world is doing it why should the UK be slammed. eg. 2 days ago a Virgin flight flew into Heathrow from South Africa, passengers are supposed to quarantine but we all know many don't. A friend has a place in Tenerife. They spend a month there and then a month in UK. They have continued to do that throughout the panic, they are there now. have seen many comments on Spanish Facebook criticising British for travelling to UK and back but it is a 2 way process and many Spaniards working in UK went back to Spain.

looking at the deaths today (8/1/2021) I am definitely for a serious lockdown. This is getting bad again.

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Fri Jan 08, 2021 6:19 pm

El Cid wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:41 pm Testing isn't useless, its just not 100% effective for the reasons you gave. It's better than nothing.

It's a bit like the MOT/ITV. Tested OK - brakes fail on the way home - 5 killed! I don't think anyone would suggest vehicle testing is useless.

Sid
Totally agree with you.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Sat Jan 09, 2021 12:13 am

UK should have closed the borders months ago. Lockdown was a farce. People coming from Africa and India and other places where the figures are doubtful.
Read today that in the early months over a thousand cases were traced directly from Spain, Italy and France.

Now 24 hour propaganda on TV peeking around hospitals telling us how full they are. Lord Haw Haw lives on.

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99, cartama campo since 2022

Postby spanish_lad » Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:29 pm

costakid wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:24 am You sound like an anti vaxer?
Not really.. I was born in the 80s. We ate mud pies, threw rocks at each other, climbed trees, jumped off roofs..

Im a person that wont go to the dentist or doctors unless something is falling off or falling out.

I had a jab at school once.. But only because they made us.
Alhaurin el Grande since 99, working at the airport since 2011.