Antigen, rapid corona virus testing at Madrid airport

For tips, tricks and secrets on good health, beauty, fitness and sport join this forum.
Manchesteral
Resident

Antigen, rapid corona virus testing at Madrid airport

Postby Manchesteral » Mon Jan 25, 2021 6:16 pm

Hi all, I don't know if this is the right place but I will repost it in the corona virus thread also! can anyone give me a definitive answer to this question I cannot find the info anywhere! Does anyone know if there is a antigen testing station in Madrid airport, I am flying to Amsterdam via Madrid and the Dutch authories require that you take a rapid or antigen test 4 hours or less before beeing allowed to fly to the Netherlands, I will be in the airport for a 3 hour stopover and I can't find the info anywhere, of course when I booked with Opodo 2 days ago they omitted to mention this, I would need the exact location of a testing centre either within the airport or close by, anyone help :x

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Re: Antigen, rapid corona virus testing at Madrid airport

Postby costakid » Mon Jan 25, 2021 7:10 pm

When it was 1st mentioned that you would need a test for other countries it was stated in I think the olive press that all the big airports in Spain would have an independently run test centre on site. Have you tried the airport website?

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Mon Jan 25, 2021 7:54 pm

https://www.iberia.com/es/en/covid-19/test-pcr-quiron/

I have done a couple of medicals with the company that administers the test.They have offices all around Spain so you will have a choice but I suspect the most convenient will be at the airport.

Manchesteral
Resident

Postby Manchesteral » Wed Jan 27, 2021 7:01 am

Thanks for the replies, I have been to the aena website for Madrid airport and whilst it gives lots of waffle about corona restrictions and conditions for travel etc it doesn't actually state whether or not there is a testing station at the airport ! The closest one appears to be Arpa medical centre which is a 30 minute taxi ride from the airport :?