Vaccine war with EU

For tips, tricks and secrets on good health, beauty, fitness and sport join this forum.
katy
Andalucia Guru

Re: Vaccine war with EU

Postby katy » Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:16 am

Should be used to cherry picking by now. Like the hospitals, all the world has massive waiting lists and patients going untreated except one in Spain. Ha ha.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:33 am

I am surprised that Nicola hasn't tried to stop AZ jabs in Scotland. Saw this in the Evening Standard...UK has given out over 11 million jabs of AZ.

Professor Anthony Harnden, deputy chairman of the Joint Committee on Vaccination and Immunisation (JCVI), told Good Morning Britain that around 11 million doses of the Oxford/AstraZeneca coronavirus vaccine had been administered in the UK and experts were “not seeing any increase” in signals of blood clots between those vaccinated and what would be expected in the general population.

He emphasised that the JCVI, the European Medicines Agency (EMA), the UK’s Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA) and the World Health Organisation (WHO) had all come out to say the vaccine is “safe”.

Prof Harnden said “clearly we need to keep a very close monitoring of this situation”, but added: “It’s really important to remember that Covid is a vascular illness and causes clots all over the body”.

“So the risk of developing blood clots from Covid far, far exceeds any potential risk from the vaccination,” he added.

Of course no one in the EU will want it now, they will be putting their faith in Sputnik, the one not yet tested and even the Russian citizens don't want :lol:

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:43 am

This is a very important subject. Please keep it on topic.

Sid

Free at Last
Resident

Postby Free at Last » Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:50 am

katy wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:16 am Should be used to cherry picking by now. Like the hospitals, all the world has massive waiting lists and patients going untreated except one in Spain. Ha ha.
How is it one, Katy? elusive told of her friend's experience of having breast cancer diagnosed and treated promptly during the pandemic in Andalucia, plus ongoing treatment for other illnesses being received by family members. I think you and I are both aware of someone else in another region of Spain who was diagnosed with a rare and aggressive form of cancer last autumn, and has been operated on and been receiving chemotherapy. A friend of mine has had a number of orthopaedic consultant appointments due to a hip problem, and has just finished 4 weeks of physiotherapy following an accidental injury which involved going to the hospital every day from Monday to Friday. I am well aware that some routine operations will have been postponed, but that is by no means universal any more than it is in the UK (and you yourself have recounted experiences of you and your husband having received treatment there during the pandemic, so it is certainly not the Covid only service you try to present it as).

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Tue Mar 16, 2021 12:35 pm

This is a very important subject. Please keep it on topic. With pleasure, I don't like being interrupted :wink:

This vaccine "war" is bad for the world as less people, especially the younger generation will want the jab. Strange that the other vaccines Pfizer has had reported side effects but they have not been sensationalised. When I had the vaccine I was asked if I was taking any blood thinners. UK saying they may approach 4 million vaccinations this week as stocks arrive. Maybe they bought up cancelled orders :mrgreen:

Anyone remember Aesop's fables from schooldays?
'the fox that passes by a grape vine'. There were a bunch of grapes that looked simply delicious... and the fox was hungry. So he jumped and jumped trying to get them, effortlessly. Finally he gave up saying: "They are not ripe yet!". In Spanish the fox could have said said: "¡Están verdes!",

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Tue Mar 16, 2021 12:46 pm

Second jab up in the air for nearly a million people vaccinated with AstraZeneca in Spain

http://www.surinenglish.com/national/20 ... 03253.html

Paddy Pumpkin
Resident

Postby Paddy Pumpkin » Tue Mar 16, 2021 1:09 pm

katy wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 12:35 pm This is a very important subject. Please keep it on topic. With pleasure, I don't like being interrupted :wink:

This vaccine "war" is bad for the world as less people, especially the younger generation will want the jab. Strange that the other vaccines Pfizer has had reported side effects but they have not been sensationalised. When I had the vaccine I was asked if I was taking any blood thinners. UK saying they may approach 4 million vaccinations this week as stocks arrive. Maybe they bought up cancelled orders :mrgreen:

Anyone remember Aesop's fables from schooldays?
'the fox that passes by a grape vine'. There were a bunch of grapes that looked simply delicious... and the fox was hungry. So he jumped and jumped trying to get them, effortlessly. Finally he gave up saying: "They are not ripe yet!". In Spanish the fox could have said said: "¡Están verdes!",
I haven't spoken to my mother in law for 20 years. I didn't want to interrupt her!

I am not sure if Aesop said it or maybe it was your son in law.

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Tue Mar 16, 2021 2:07 pm

There have been cases of blood clots reported after people had had the AstraZeneca vaccine.
However, as a percentage, the cases are very low.
Lower than the percentage of people who would normally get a blood clot.
So, doesn't that show that having the vaccine reduces your chances of getting a blood Clot? :think:
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Tue Mar 16, 2021 2:42 pm

Well Gerry it does seem all quite strange...So much has been said about the cases of blood clots while nothing has been said about the many many other side effects. In amigos Firstango posted a link to a gov website which listed the recorded side effects for both Pfizer and Oxford vaccines..amongst the many listed were blood disorders and heart damage, the list is extensive and there have been over 100 deaths also..So why are they creating mayhem about 30 cases of blood clots when they could have picked out the 800 plus cases of heart damage!
There will not be a vaccine out there in any shape or form which will be 100% safe for every single person in this world..The worst of them may be yet to come, who knows how Sputnik, Modena or any other vaccine will pan out..at least those who have not yet been vaccinated already have some evidence of data about those already being used on the market and must realise that millions of people have already been vaccinated with the Oxford vaccine with very few casualties.What evidence does anyone have about all the other vaccines.
There has been much said from different forum members being quite happy to be last in the vaccination queue. i felt that way myself, let everyone else try it out first.. :lol: .but it suddenly occurred to me that it might not pan out the way i'd want it to..what if they have just started to use one of the newer vaccines when it was eventually my turn. :mrgreen:

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Tue Mar 16, 2021 3:08 pm

Pamela1 wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 2:42 pm What evidence does anyone have about all the other vaccines.
Every vaccine and every drug has any side effects recorded centrally based on reports of side effects from either the individual or health staff. It is a massive database and if you look on it, all 3 of the current EU vaccines are recorded in minute detail. The figures that have been mentioned on the other thread came from the UK government or relevant agency- The EU figure comes from EMA - the European agency.

If you want to have some bedtime reading look here. www.adrreports.eu

Sid

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Tue Mar 16, 2021 3:19 pm

Pamela1 wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 2:42 pm Well Gerry it does seem all quite strange...So much has been said about the cases of blood clots while nothing has been said about the many many other side effects. In amigos Firstango posted a link to a gov website which listed the recorded side effects for both Pfizer and Oxford vaccines.
Did he? Where is the evidence for that?

The report which is ongoing says

"The number and nature of suspected adverse reactions reported so far are not unusual in comparison to other types of routinely used vaccines"

It also says

"Vaccination and surveillance of large populations means that, by chance, some people will experience and report a new illness or events in the days and weeks after vaccination. "

In effect, we want to know if there is an increase in illnesses and death not just a list with no context.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Tue Mar 16, 2021 3:48 pm

gerryh wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 2:07 pm There have been cases of blood clots reported after people had had the AstraZeneca vaccine.
However, as a percentage, the cases are very low.
Lower than the percentage of people who would normally get a blood clot.
So, doesn't that show that having the vaccine reduces your chances of getting a blood Clot? :think:
Cheers
Gerry
Good point Gerry.

All pills and medicines carry warnings of side effects for people to choose if they want to take the risk.

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Tue Mar 16, 2021 3:53 pm

El Cid wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 3:08 pm
Pamela1 wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 2:42 pm What evidence does anyone have about all the other vaccines.
Every vaccine and every drug has any side effects recorded centrally based on reports of side effects from either the individual or health staff. It is a massive database and if you look on it, all 3 of the current EU vaccines are recorded in minute detail. The figures that have been mentioned on the other thread came from the UK government or relevant agency- The EU figure comes from EMA - the European agency.

If you want to have some bedtime reading look here. www.adrreports.eu

Sid
What i meant was that no one really has any unknown evidence as yet about all the other vaccines that are yet to be used in Europe or the Uk. There will no doubt be some side effects which have not yet been recorded but there will be as time moves on and there are millions of people vaccinated.

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Tue Mar 16, 2021 4:17 pm

markwilding wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 3:19 pm
Pamela1 wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 2:42 pm Well Gerry it does seem all quite strange...So much has been said about the cases of blood clots while nothing has been said about the many many other side effects. In amigos Firstango posted a link to a gov website which listed the recorded side effects for both Pfizer and Oxford vaccines.
Did he? Where is the evidence for that?

The report which is ongoing says

"The number and nature of suspected adverse reactions reported so far are not unusual in comparison to other types of routinely used vaccines"

It also says

"Vaccination and surveillance of large populations means that, by chance, some people will experience and report a new illness or events in the days and weeks after vaccination. "

In effect, we want to know if there is an increase in illnesses and death not just a list with no context.
I can't give you the answer to that Mark. The vaccines which are already in use were declared safe however it is up to each individual to make up their own minds.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Tue Mar 16, 2021 5:15 pm

Latest headline in the DM.
Pfizer's Covid vaccine is linked to MORE blood clots than AstraZeneca's – so why isn't the EU banning it? Hypocrisy of European nations revealed as Italy admits decision was 'POLITICAL'

Oh and I read that in AZ trials 28% of those given a dummy vaccination reported side effects!

firsttango
Andalucia Guru

Postby firsttango » Tue Mar 16, 2021 5:22 pm

Watch out for the all new singing and dancing "Breton Variant"........."French experts spot 'Breton' Covid variant which 'may fully evade tests" :shh: Probably spot it as spreaders wear navy berets :D

ashtondav
Resident

Postby ashtondav » Tue Mar 16, 2021 6:04 pm

In the uk those vaccinated with AZ have a lower incidence of blood clot issues than the general population.

Could the EU problem be that AZ is perceived as a UK based company? Surely not.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:04 pm

AZ went up today.
Sid where are you :angel:

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:38 pm

I’m here Katy!

Sid

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:56 am

Paracetamol causes liver damage and 100s of deaths a year but people take that daily without ever thinking about it.

If you look on the leaflet inside any medicine and see the POSSIBLE side effects you would frighten yourself into never taking anything ever again.