Vaccine war with EU

For tips, tricks and secrets on good health, beauty, fitness and sport join this forum.
Paddy Pumpkin
Resident

Re: Vaccine war with EU

Postby Paddy Pumpkin » Sat May 08, 2021 11:08 pm

Pamela1 wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 3:56 pm Pfizer are being brave after the fiasco with AZ. :lol: Lets hope they can deliver.
Pfizer have decades of experience with making vaccinations. AZ have none...and it shows. AZ were only chosen to partner Oxford because they are a British company.

I guess that is why anybody reordering is going for Pfizer because Pfizer have delivered on their promises so far

Paddy Pumpkin
Resident

Postby Paddy Pumpkin » Sun May 09, 2021 2:06 pm

The over reliance of the UK on AZ is causing a slow down in vaccinations.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-57024222

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Sun May 09, 2021 7:40 pm

Hmm. I bet many countries wish they were in the same position reading this article for Northern Ireland. Basically if they don't want AZ they will have to wait a few weeks.

Northern Ireland is ahead of the UK in offering vaccinations to people younger than 40.

Almost 20% of those aged 18-29, and almost 43% of those aged between 30-39, have already been vaccinated.

Nearly one million people here have already received their first vaccine dose, and figures indicate people are still keen to be vaccinated.

People who have already received their first jab of the Oxford-AstraZeneca vaccine will get their second jab with the same vaccine.

Paddy Pumpkin
Resident

Postby Paddy Pumpkin » Sun May 09, 2021 11:10 pm

You would expect Northern Ireland to be first to experience the slowdown...given they are the most vaccinated place in the UK that is the part of the country that will run into the problems first. So now the rest of the UK will have the same problems.

I bet the UK wishes they were in the same position as Malta. A larger % fully vaccinated and no supply problems be because they didn't rely on AZ so the programme won't slow down.

Who will win the race the tortoise or the hare?

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Sun May 09, 2021 11:15 pm

Keep praying. It’s obviously getting to you, getting silly now. We’re all right paddy.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Mon May 10, 2021 1:51 pm

The rubbishing of AZ is boom time for BioNTech. From a net loss of 53 million euro first quarter of 2020 it has turned a net profit of 1.3 billion. I wonder if Macron and Ursula bought shares. :shifty:

Paddy Pumpkin
Resident

Postby Paddy Pumpkin » Mon May 10, 2021 6:29 pm

I wonder if Boris did also, he has stopped ordering AZ also and gone with Pfizer.

I am still shaking my head at how nieve AZ have been. They picked a fight they couldn't win.

quebin
Resident

Postby quebin » Mon May 10, 2021 6:42 pm

Nieve ! Maybe snowed under with orders,

Paddy Pumpkin
Resident

Postby Paddy Pumpkin » Mon May 10, 2021 6:45 pm

I love my multilingual keyboard and it's auto correct spellchecker....hours of endless fun

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Tue May 11, 2021 12:23 pm

Here we go..Don't know why AZ bother to defend the case as everyone is aware it will be a stitch up.

An EU lawyer, speaking in a Belgian court at Tuesday's hearing, asked that AstraZeneca deliver at least 120 million vaccine doses by the end of June in Brussels' first formal request so far on the exact volume it is seeking to receive by mid-year.

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/ne ... 021-05-11/

Germany has now ruled that AZ can be given to all age groups. Unlikely many will want it after the slurs.

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Tue May 11, 2021 12:55 pm

Maybe Spain may follow, it will solve the 2nd jab dilemma.

Paddy Pumpkin
Resident

Postby Paddy Pumpkin » Sun Jun 20, 2021 11:10 am

AZ Court case ruling released it doesn't look like a stitch up to me. I guess people living in the UK don't have much faith in an independent judiciary.

Meanwhile Belgium has banned British citizens because of the delta variant. I wonder how long until other countries do the same?

Why has the Delta variant taken hold in the UK when so many people have had their first shot. It looks like Boris's plan to use AZ and delay dosis is backfiring and now there is a panic to get people fully vaccinated.

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Sun Jun 20, 2021 2:04 pm

"Why has the Delta variant taken hold in the UK when so many people have had their first shot."

Paddy, pay attention, please. The vaccine doesn't work in the way in which vaccines usually work. This one will not stop you getting it or passing it on. Beachcomber believes it is some deadly mix of unknown substances. I am beginning to think it's just water. Might as well be for all the good it's doing. The vulnerable have gone. The rest of the people use their immune system to fight the virus. That's it.

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Sun Jun 20, 2021 4:08 pm

Bit late to ban Brits, the horse has already bolted but then it's not like they didnt know that.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Sun Jun 20, 2021 4:44 pm

Perhaps because many countries scarcely test for variants, some not at all. (They do not have the resources) Check it out. Europe will be quite happy to carry on blaming AZ and the UK. Boris will be quite happy if the EU closes to Brits.

UK is on the last leg now with more than half of adult population had 2 doses. I would ask the question why is the variant not spreading overseas when some countries vaccination rates are abysmal.

pepe jose
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby pepe jose » Sun Jun 20, 2021 8:06 pm

katy wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 4:44 pm Perhaps because many countries scarcely test for variants, some not at all. (They do not have the resources) Check it out. Europe will be quite happy to carry on blaming AZ and the UK. Boris will be quite happy if the EU closes to Brits.

UK is on the last leg now with more than half of adult population had 2 doses. I would ask the question why is the variant not spreading overseas when some countries vaccination rates are abysmal.
The Uk are the only ones telling the truth about variants and all citizens are being punished. Who would have thought in March 2020 that brits would be banned from Spain for a 4 month period and then a 6 month.

pepe jose
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby pepe jose » Sun Jun 20, 2021 8:06 pm

katy wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 4:44 pm Perhaps because many countries scarcely test for variants, some not at all. (They do not have the resources) Check it out. Europe will be quite happy to carry on blaming AZ and the UK. Boris will be quite happy if the EU closes to Brits.

The Uk are the only ones telling the truth about variants and all citizens are being punished. Who would have thought in March 2020 that brits would be banned from Spain for a 4 month period and then a 6 month.

pepe jose
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby pepe jose » Sun Jun 20, 2021 8:07 pm

Not sure whats going on but I keep posting twice with one hit of the submit button

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Sun Jun 20, 2021 8:31 pm

Hola Pepe Jose. I am sure that someone will be along soon to help with this problem.

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Sun Jun 20, 2021 9:50 pm

Hi pepe jose,
"Not sure whats going on but I keep posting twice with one hit of the submit button".........

Some light reading..............

https://laptopjudge.com/laptop-keyboard ... ra-letters

"This might occur if any dirt is present inside the keycaps. The presence of dirt sometimes let them register two or more signals causing it to type twice or more though you have pressed the keys only once. Use keycap puller to remove the keys, blow air, make it clean, and then refix the keys."

Enrique's tip:
Turn Keyboard upside down and and vacuum with a brush fitting........you may need another pair of hands for this procedure. :clap: :clap:

Have seem where you Post and type Submit and it appears to site there so you type on Submit again........just give it time for first keystroke to work.

Lets know how you get on .....but please Post on Computer Section
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.