Vaccine war with EU

For tips, tricks and secrets on good health, beauty, fitness and sport join this forum.
Unicorn
Resident

Re: Vaccine war with EU

Postby Unicorn » Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:06 pm

I believe vaccine passports will only be valid for complete vaccination. Or a very recent negative test, or proof of having had Covid recently. See below.

I have a friend who is having the second vaccine tomorrow and she knows loads of people having that as well this and next week.

https://www.euronews.com/travel/2021/03 ... e-passport

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:26 pm

My son, who is 47, has just had his first dose in the UK and he has had COVID. Sounds like double immunity

I think I read that COVID survivors are now at the back of the queue in Spain.

Sid

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Wed Mar 17, 2021 11:54 pm

Unicorn wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:06 pm I believe vaccine passports will only be valid for complete vaccination. Or a very recent negative test, or proof of having had Covid recently. See below.

I have a friend who is having the second vaccine tomorrow and she knows loads of people having that as well this and next week.

https://www.euronews.com/travel/2021/03 ... e-passport
Sounds like a case of I once knew a man who knew a woman who danced with the Prince of Wales.

Unicorn
Resident

Postby Unicorn » Thu Mar 18, 2021 12:02 am

Really? It sounds like what it is - I have a friend who is being vaccinated tomorrow, who also has friends who are also being vaccinated.

What's the issue with that?

No royalty involved, at all. Not British royalty, nor Spanish. No dance.

Haha
Last edited by Unicorn on Thu Mar 18, 2021 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Thu Mar 18, 2021 12:10 am

So the UK may be short of vaccines soon. Strange as 2 days ago they were saying a bumper supply was arriving mid March. Astra Zeneca says their “domestic” supplies are on track, no shortages. Has the UK supply from Belgium already been commandeered by Von der Liarden or is the letter a plant to make Brussels think we are short. Interesting times.

If it’s true perhaps Hancock could put in an offer for the stock hanging around in fridges in Europe!

My cleaner and her Sister aged 37 and 40 are booked in for Friday.

Hmm. I seemed to have gained a new heckler today...welcome :mrgreen:

Unicorn
Resident

Postby Unicorn » Thu Mar 18, 2021 12:14 am

Don't flatter yourself.

Haha

firsttango
Andalucia Guru

Postby firsttango » Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:41 am

katy wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 12:10 am So the UK may be short of vaccines soon. Strange as 2 days ago they were saying a bumper supply was arriving mid March. Astra Zeneca says their “domestic” supplies are on track, no shortages. Has the UK supply from Belgium already been commandeered by Von der Liarden or is the letter a plant to make Brussels think we are short. Interesting times.

If it’s true perhaps Hancock could put in an offer for the stock hanging around in fridges in Europe!

My cleaner and her Sister aged 37 and 40 are booked in for Friday.

Hmm. I seemed to have gained a new heckler today...welcome :mrgreen:
But can they dance :lol:

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Thu Mar 18, 2021 11:05 am

Well it could be an excuse it’s cleaning day at mine, can’t refuse to pay due to it being for the vaccine :D

Just been talking to a friend, she says the thought of having anti bodies from chimps jabbed into her makes her queasy. She has a point, I have been ok though after 2 jabs. No extra growth of hair. :wink:

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Thu Mar 18, 2021 11:16 am

I've seen mention of having had a jab, or a negative test or having had Covid (and have got antibodies) as being part of the 'passport' in the EU. P&O on the other hand have just said they're banning anyone who hasn't had both jabs, so that rules out a lot of people at the moment. Their website seems to say you'd still need to wear masks at times and social distance which would also put a lot of people off.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Thu Mar 18, 2021 12:07 pm

Another coincidence or is the 'jury still out'?

https://www.lavozdigital.es/cadiz/provi ... ticia.html

firsttango
Andalucia Guru

Postby firsttango » Thu Mar 18, 2021 12:27 pm

More and more of these disturbing stories are surfacing........possibly now at a stage where there are too many to surpress :silent:

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Thu Mar 18, 2021 12:43 pm

I don't understand why Pfizer is never mentioned even though they have had as many, if not more side effects.

firsttango
Andalucia Guru

Postby firsttango » Thu Mar 18, 2021 12:48 pm

katy wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 12:43 pm I don't understand why Pfizer is never mentioned even though they have had as many, if not more side effects.
Better lawyers......deeper pockets?

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Thu Mar 18, 2021 12:52 pm

Wicksey wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 11:16 am I've seen mention of having had a jab, or a negative test or having had Covid (and have got antibodies) as being part of the 'passport' in the EU. P&O on the other hand have just said they're banning anyone who hasn't had both jabs, so that rules out a lot of people at the moment. Their website seems to say you'd still need to wear masks at times and social distance which would also put a lot of people off.
To add to the confusion stated on TV this morning that these passports may not apply to the UK. even when the travel ban ends. Sounds believable.

firsttango
Andalucia Guru

Postby firsttango » Thu Mar 18, 2021 1:00 pm

katy wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 12:52 pm
Wicksey wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 11:16 am I've seen mention of having had a jab, or a negative test or having had Covid (and have got antibodies) as being part of the 'passport' in the EU. P&O on the other hand have just said they're banning anyone who hasn't had both jabs, so that rules out a lot of people at the moment. Their website seems to say you'd still need to wear masks at times and social distance which would also put a lot of people off.
To add to the confusion stated on TV this morning that these passports may not apply to the UK. even when the travel ban ends. Sounds believable.
Portugal letting in tourists from May 17th with just a Negative Test result (or vaccine proof) so expect Spain may follow suit?

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Thu Mar 18, 2021 1:09 pm

Interview with minister for tourism live on TV in Benidorm yesterday. He was very optimistic and said they were relying on the Brits to be back in Benidorm. Actually looked very nice, smart bars on the Paseo and pristine beach. Would spend a couple of weeks there if it were always like that.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Thu Mar 18, 2021 1:14 pm

If this were a motor vehicle or an electrical appliance the product would be withdrawn for the fault to be rectified and if people had been killed or injured there would be huge payments for compensation. I suppose the problem is that once you have had an injection that's it, they can't suck it out again to see what was wrong with it and as the pharmaceutical companies have immunity from prosecution it's just hard luck.

alpineSi
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby alpineSi » Thu Mar 18, 2021 1:40 pm

While we still have mass-produced and legally distributed poisons like alcohol, tobacco, and sugar, any protests about the availability of vaccines that save 99.9+% of lives and prevent long term health damage just seem weak, to say the least.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Thu Mar 18, 2021 2:38 pm

Can you please show the source for the claim that it 'saves 99,5+% of lives'.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Thu Mar 18, 2021 2:54 pm

alpineSi wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 1:40 pm While we still have mass-produced and legally distributed poisons like alcohol, tobacco, and sugar, any protests about the availability of vaccines that save 99.9+% of lives and prevent long term health damage just seem weak, to say the least.
I thought that the survival rate of those having had Covid was 99.something %. The reported efficiency of vaccines I thought was much lower. I think the flu jab is around 60% effective for prevention.