Vaccine war with EU

For tips, tricks and secrets on good health, beauty, fitness and sport join this forum.
katy
Andalucia Guru

Re: Vaccine war with EU

Postby katy » Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:01 pm

Some did not attend in UK either. Johnson&Johnson now being investigated for blood clots etc. Should be ok though, it's not British :wink:
From the Guardian
The EU’s drug regulator is reviewing reports of rare blood clots in four people who received Johnson & Johnson’s Covid-19 vaccine and has expanded its inquiry into AstraZeneca’s shot to include reports of a bleeding condition.

Of the four serious cases of clotting and low platelets, three occurred in the US during the rollout of J&J’s vaccine from its Janssen pharmaceuticals unit, the European Medicines Agency (EMA) said on Friday, adding that one person had died and one case was reported in a clinical trial. It was the first news of EMA’s inquiry into the J&J vaccine.

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:51 pm

I can't help but think that if there had been no problems with the AZ supplies that the blood clotting situation would have been reported much differently by the EU and they would have been concentrating their efforts on trying to reassure people .. they have trashed it that much that i believe AZ will not recover from this, at least not in Europe.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:07 pm

Definitely an agenda. Germany had 20,000 new cases and 300 deaths last Thursday but they are spending time discussing Sputnik.
Now announced that Pfizer is increasing it,s price by 60%. Probably some kick backs around.
If I were AZ I would say f*kc it and withdraw.

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:42 pm

The Us have paused Johnson and Johnson for the time being due to cases of blood clots..That could be another scupper in Spains vaccination roll out, not going great.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:53 pm

The take up in Spain seems to have completely stalled.

When they called a friend a couple of weeks ago his refusal was met with considerable pressure to change his mind.

They called me this morning and accepted my refusal with what sounded like a kind of resigned acceptance. No pressure, no comment.

I got the distinct impression that mine was not the first refusal of the day.

firsttango
Andalucia Guru

Postby firsttango » Tue Apr 13, 2021 2:28 pm

My Spanish neighbour and the one opposite both declined

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Tue Apr 13, 2021 2:34 pm

I feel the confusion surrounding the vaccines, whether politically or medically driven, has completely destroyed people's willingness to be vaccinated. This is hardly surprising, is it? This whole thing, from the very start, has been muddled, confused, badly explained, controlled and organised. It's one thing to hear conflicting information when it is a question of wearing a mask or washing hands but quite another when it is a case of being injected with some vaguely understood substance. It's not good enough.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Tue Apr 13, 2021 4:07 pm

There are too many options in Spain. In the UK it’s just THE vaccine.

Sid

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Tue Apr 13, 2021 4:26 pm

Most in the UK seem to happy to have any. When the website offered it to 40+ it crashed so many logged on. Our surgery is doing Moderna this week and Pfizer and AZ 2nd ones. Think it depends what the Surgery has delivered. Daughter had AZ in Paris and she said everyone seemed happy in the queue. She did say she would have preferred another as she had a sore arm for a few days. I do think the whole thing has been blown up, no one ever had any information about flu jabs or who was producing them. Strange how all of the covid vaccs have lots of reported side effects but scarcely mentioned by the media.

I still reckon if there had been no lockdown the world would be in the same position as now and there would be herd immunity. Time they stop the testing unless people have obvious symptoms.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Tue Apr 13, 2021 4:42 pm

Yes, herd immunity would eventually happen but the death toll would have been huge. Think about Spanish flu and how many that killed before herd immunity kicked in - no jabs then.

If each EU country had handled the vaccine ordering none of this farce will have happened.

Sid

Free at Last
Resident

Postby Free at Last » Tue Apr 13, 2021 5:01 pm

El Cid wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 4:42 pm Y
If each EU country had handled the vaccine ordering none of this farce will have happened.

Sid
I don't see how that would have prevented the delays caused by either production problems (from just about all the manufacturers) or concerns about serious albeit rare side effects, though.

I had the first dose of the AZ vaccine and experienced worse side effects than I've ever had from any of the annual flu jabs - not really concerned because they were all listed as common ones in all the information I've read. Not a sore arm, but chills and shivering began 12 hours after getting the jab, joint pain the next day which wore off by 2pm, then after eating developed stomach pains and a few hours later was violently sick, and vomited again an hour or so later. The next day was better, only developed the same stomach pain after eating but no sickness, and have been fine since then.

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:58 pm

Daughter had similar side effects with AZ ...OTH also had AZ but didn't have any side effects, not even a sore arm...Most of the people who i know suffered side effects with Pfizer but other people may have a different story. I think it all just depends on the person and how the vaccines effect them.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Wed Apr 14, 2021 6:46 am

A Spanish friend's perfectly healthy daughter who is a nurse in her early twenties was obliged by her employer to be injected or lose her job.

She was administered the AstraZeneca concoction in January/February with no immediate side effects but is now in intensive care withe serious bladder and colon malfunction as well as constant stomach pain and vomiting. Her chances of survival are 50/50.

This is a sizable but close knit community and her predicament will have a devastating effect especially if she dies and will guarantee that take up of the injection by the rest of the community will be virtually zero.

This may explain why my refusal when they contacted me yesterday was accepted without question.

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:32 am

That is a very scary story Beach, i hope she will recover, i can't imagine what her family must be going through, they will be worried sick.She is still so very young and it does make you stop in your tracks and think about these young people who in all likleyhood would not die with the virus, yet here we are pushing injections into them.You are right, it does have a huge effect on close knit communities and i can fully understand why people in the community would be reluctant to be vaccinated..

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:27 am

Free at Last wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 5:01 pm

Sid
I don't see how that would have prevented the delays caused by either production problems (from just about all the manufacturers) or concerns about serious albeit rare side effects, though.

I agree, There seems to be a relentless argument that the EU messed up but that never takes into account problems outside their control. Sure, they made mistakes and in retrospect they could have done things differently and Sure, the UK did better but now other countries are moving forward, When we look back the 1-2 months difference will become unimportant in the overall picture.

In my opinion Boris's comments that the reason for the current low death rate was the lockdown while hyping up the success of the vaccine rollout in the UK is very confusing.

Let's see what happens in the next few months because the most important objective is to get back to normal while eliminating the risk to people dying or being adversely affected by Covid.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:28 am

Thanks for your concern, Pamela. We haven't heard anything this morning so can only hope that no news is good (or not so bad) news.

It really is so ridiculous that young people are being given, or even forced to take, an unapproved experimental injection when the risk to them from covid is negligible.

olive
Andalucia Guru

Postby olive » Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:56 am

markwilding wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:27 am
Free at Last wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 5:01 pm

Sid

I agree, There seems to be a relentless argument that the EU messed up but that never takes into account problems outside their control. Sure, they made mistakes and in retrospect they could have done things differently and Sure, the UK did better but now other countries are moving forward, When we look back the 1-2 months difference will become unimportant in the overall picture.

In my opinion Boris's comments that the reason for the current low death rate was the lockdown while hyping up the success of the vaccine rollout in the UK is very confusing.

Let's see what happens in the next few months because the most important objective is to get back to normal while eliminating the risk to people dying or being adversely affected by Covid.
It isn’t an argument but a fact. Brussels messed up. You are right about when we look back the differences between slow vaccine rollout countries and faster ones like the UK will be unimportant in the overall world picture. However 1 to 2 months time is far too short a timescale. Why? Well nothing much will have changed - certainly for us in Andalucia. Juanma is hopeful of getting tourism going this summer and yet we still have high infections and we still havent been offered our first injection yet. Time will tell.

firsttango
Andalucia Guru

Postby firsttango » Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:59 am

Beachcomber wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 6:46 am A Spanish friend's perfectly healthy daughter who is a nurse in her early twenties was obliged by her employer to be injected or lose her job.

She was administered the AstraZeneca concoction in January/February with no immediate side effects but is now in intensive care withe serious bladder and colon malfunction as well as constant stomach pain and vomiting. Her chances of survival are 50/50.

This is a sizable but close knit community and her predicament will have a devastating effect especially if she dies and will guarantee that take up of the injection by the rest of the community will be virtually zero.

This may explain why my refusal when they contacted me yesterday was accepted without question.
These kind of outcomes are becoming all too increasingly regular to be brushed off as coincidence. A Spanish couple who live close to us who run a local Farmacia have a family member in Seville going through similar. They said all was well until two weeks after the second jab.

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Wed Apr 14, 2021 11:10 am

Terrible news, Beachcomber. It's all very well for people to casually spout statistics and waffle but when the person in the statistic is a person you know or a family member it is devastating. I hope she recovers. Young people should not be forced into vaccines by employers or anyone else. Their body, their choice. My body, my choice. Unfortunately, there is too much emotional manipulation and blackmail going on, i.e. if a young person does not have the vaccine they will kill their grannie, etc. etc. Terrible, hideous times.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:06 pm

Yes, thank you Lavanda.

Since all this started over a year ago I do not know of a single person who really had covid and certainly no-one who died from it then, as soon as the injections start, I have become aware of several people who have had adverse reactions including our friend's daughter who now has this serious health condition and all the while the pharmaceutical companies are just sitting back and reaping the profits with no possibility of being prosecuted for causing all this death and bodily injury.

Reiner Fuellmich's legal actions for crimes against humanity are starting to kick in so, hopefully, some of the world's tyrants and despots including Sánchez, Johnson and Hancock etc will start to feel the heat. I cannot happen soon enough for me, especially now.