Vaccine war with EU

For tips, tricks and secrets on good health, beauty, fitness and sport join this forum.
Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Re: Vaccine war with EU

Postby Wicksey » Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:27 pm

I've known only a couple of people to have it and it was fairly mild. Someone said their grandfather had died from it but whether it was really from it or not I'm not sure. I see they are now admitting that the death figures are not accurate as it includes people who have died with it rather than from it.

Quarter of Covid deaths not caused by virus, new figures show:
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2021/0 ... sed-virus/

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:53 pm

Beachcomber wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:06 pm

Since all this started over a year ago I do not know of a single person who really had covid and certainly no-one who died from it.
So what!? That doesn't mean anything. and sounds like you are denying the virus exists again.
I know plenty including some who have it at the moment. I also know quite a few others who have had loved ones who have died including my neighbour, who the other day told me her father who I knew, died recently from it.. Funnily enough, I know many people who have had the vaccine and know nobody with dangerous adverse affects.

We have the choice and know the possible dangers and can weigh up the benefits against the disadvantages of having one and make our own decision.
Luckily, we have you sending loads of information, which I read and still come to the same conclusion that some charlatans exploit people's anxieties for their own ends.
Beachcomber wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:06 pm Reiner Fuellmich's legal actions for crimes against humanity are starting to kick in so, hopefully, some of the world's tyrants and despots including Sánchez, Johnson and Hancock etc will start to feel the heat. I cannot happen soon enough for me, especially now.
Good luck with that one.
Last edited by markwilding on Wed Apr 14, 2021 1:28 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Wed Apr 14, 2021 1:12 pm

Denmark are the first country to annouce that they are going to stop using AZ vaccine and they are removing it from their vaccine program.It's started so it's a case of who will be next to follow.

firsttango
Andalucia Guru

Postby firsttango » Wed Apr 14, 2021 1:25 pm

markwilding wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:53 pm
Beachcomber wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:06 pm

Since all this started over a year ago I do not know of a single person who really had covid and certainly no-one who died from it.
So what!? That doesn't mean anything.
I know plenty including some who have it at the moment. I also know quite a few others who have had loved ones who have died including my neighbour, who the other day told me her father who I knew, died recently from it.. Funnily enough, I know many people who have had the vaccine and know nobody with dangerous adverse affects.

We have the choice and know the possible dangers and can weigh up the benefits against the disadvantages of taking one and make our own decision.
Beachcomber wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:06 pm Reiner Fuellmich's legal actions for crimes against humanity are starting to kick in so, hopefully, some of the world's tyrants and despots including Sánchez, Johnson and Hancock etc will start to feel the heat. I cannot happen soon enough for me, especially now.
Good luck with that one.

You do seem to know an inordinate amount of people :wink:

Statistically Globally 1.7% of the World Population have tested positive for Covid. Globally 0.038% have Died.
I find it quite amazing that so many people claim to know someone from such a small percentage group let alone that know "Plenty" such as yourself. Mind boggling coincidence :shh:

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Wed Apr 14, 2021 1:27 pm

Wicksey wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:27 pm I've known only a couple of people to have it and it was fairly mild. Someone said their grandfather had died from it but whether it was really from it or not I'm not sure. I see they are now admitting that the death figures are not accurate as it includes people who have died with it rather than from it.

Quarter of Covid deaths not caused by virus, new figures show:
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2021/0 ... sed-virus/
Wasnt that always the case though. It always says died with covid for any reason within 28 days when they give the uk figures. Thats always going to include people that didnt die directly from covid but it was a contributing factor. Before that it was something daft like 3 months and if you got knocked over by a bus!!

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Wed Apr 14, 2021 1:32 pm

firsttango wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 1:25 pm

You do seem to know an inordinate amount of people :wink:
Yes, strange that isn't it? I put it down to being one of the quirks of living in a large cosmopolitan area like Bilbao and having a business which deals with the public. Many of my first students who started with me while in their teens are now in their thirties. So yes, I have got to know many people over the years.

Another odd quirk is that I speak with over one hundred and twenty people every week just at work and I bet you can't guess the subject that crops up in class more than any. :D
Last edited by markwilding on Wed Apr 14, 2021 2:00 pm, edited 11 times in total.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Wed Apr 14, 2021 1:33 pm

Lavanda wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 11:10 am Terrible news, Beachcomber. It's all very well for people to casually spout statistics and waffle but when the person in the statistic is a person you know or a family member it is devastating. I hope she recovers. Young people should not be forced into vaccines by employers or anyone else. Their body, their choice. My body, my choice. Unfortunately, there is too much emotional manipulation and blackmail going on, i.e. if a young person does not have the vaccine they will kill their grannie, etc. etc. Terrible, hideous times.
Very well said. Especially for younger people who have more chance of been knocked over by a bus then getting seriously ill with covid. I take meds that give me a increased risk of blood clots.the age I am I'm seriously starting to think about the risk balance between getting it and not. The problem is what does the future hold for those who dont have it for whatever reason

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Wed Apr 14, 2021 1:37 pm

elusive wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 1:33 pm

I am I'm seriously starting to think about the risk balance between getting it and not. The problem is what does the future hold for those who dont have it for whatever reason
I certainly hope your decision won't be based on opinions by certain people on this website.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Wed Apr 14, 2021 1:38 pm

None of this seems to be going away despite the constant propaganda from the adverse effect deniers:

https://as.com/diarioas/2021/04/13/actu ... 31900.html

What would have been his chances of dying from covid?

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Wed Apr 14, 2021 2:11 pm

Beachcomber wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 1:38 pm None of this seems to be going away despite the constant propaganda from the adverse effect deniers:

You see again, bad use of the English language which in your head helps to support your flimsy arguments. Give me evidence that today, at this moment in time, anybody denies that there can be adverse effects when taking one of the vaccines.
In fact, months ago certain members pointed out that many drugs can have adverse effects and the vaccine would also have some.

There can't be anyone in Spain or the UK who doesn't know the risks involved.

I am taking anti-Biotics at the moment due to having an tooth implant and I am getting the typical uncomfortable symptoms I get whenever I take them after this type of work done on my teeth.
I also had the vaccine 10 day ago so what has caused the problem? I know which is the most likely and the other is a coincidence. Either way, I can live with it and I expect to benefit from both in the future
Last edited by markwilding on Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Wed Apr 14, 2021 2:13 pm

This news item has just been shown on Telediario:

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/14 ... llout-news

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Wed Apr 14, 2021 3:40 pm

This thread has gone way off topic and become a personal slanging match - yet again.

I have deleted a load of posts and will continue to do so if they are off topic or personal attacks.

I would remind posters that personal attacks are a banning offence.

Sid

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:17 pm

I have deleted a load of posts and will continue to do so if they are off topic or personal attacks.
That explains why I couldn't understand where I was in the thread and had my brain suffered some sort of memory blip. :crazy:

My OH gets his vaccine tomorrow. His choice and I am happy he made his own decision and didn't ask me what I think.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:34 pm

Don’t know what I missed but I would have deleted more as it is still off topic.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:41 pm

markwilding wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 1:37 pm

I am I'm seriously starting to think about the risk balance between getting it and not. The problem is what does the future hold for those who dont have it for whatever reason
I certainly hope your decision won't be based on opinions by certain people on this website.
Nope. Just the figures and balance of risk and what vaccine will be used. I have along time to wait to see what happens

steve_w
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby steve_w » Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:52 pm

Governments around the world have deliberately exaggerated the prevalence and lethality of Covid 19 in order to cripple their own economies and bring hardship and misery to their citizens.

Does that make sense? No, of course it doesn't.

You only have to look at Brazil to see the potential effect of underestimating the damage that the virus can cause if left unchecked.

I, for one, will not be sticking my head in the sand and pretending that it (Covid 19) won't happen to me. I'm looking forward to getting my second jab in 4 weeks' time, vaccine supplies permitting, of course.

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Wed Apr 14, 2021 5:22 pm

elusive wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:41 pm
markwilding wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 1:37 pm

Nope. Just the figures and balance of risk and what vaccine will be used. I have along time to wait to see what happens
In general,People might not want to take it for various reasons and the way herd immunity works, there is room for everyone’s decision.

steve_w
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby steve_w » Wed Apr 14, 2021 5:53 pm

markwilding wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 5:22 pm In general,People might not want to take it for various reasons and the way herd immunity works, there is room for everyone’s decision.
The general consensus seems to be that at least 70% of the population needs to be immune to the virus before herd immunity can be achieved.

Vaccination hesitancy will at best delay the achievement of herd immunity, at worst prevent it from happening.

In the meantime, many more people will die unnecessarily.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Wed Apr 14, 2021 7:27 pm

:think: Well said Steve. UK now at 61%. Could be through lockdown though that there are hardly any cases

Paddy Pumpkin
Resident

Postby Paddy Pumpkin » Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:40 pm

May I ask how you came to a figure that 61% of the total UK population is immune?