Vaccine war with EU

For tips, tricks and secrets on good health, beauty, fitness and sport join this forum.
firsttango
Andalucia Guru

Re: Vaccine war with EU

Postby firsttango » Wed Mar 17, 2021 10:36 am

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Wed Mar 17, 2021 11:45 am

costakid wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:56 am Paracetamol causes liver damage and 100s of deaths a year but people take that daily without ever thinking about it.

If you look on the leaflet inside any medicine and see the POSSIBLE side effects you would frighten yourself into never taking anything ever again.
I never look at the leaflet but often get a lot of side effects. My OH looks at it and I list all the effects I feel and he ticks them off, and I'm often in the 'rare cases'. I am only left with paracetamol to take at the moment for my leg/back problem as everything else they gave me made me ill. I am hoping to cut down in due course as I am improving and I hate taking pills, so this is why I am reluctant to have the jab.

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Wed Mar 17, 2021 1:19 pm

Wicksey i can understand your concerns, i too tend to get side effects listed in "the rare cases" and i have had to change medication on a number of occasions when i have. The strange thing is i have since had a medication which did not previously agree with me and i was ok, the doctor said it can just depend on how your body accepts it at the time..I once had hives and was prescribed Loratadine and it turned out i was allergic to the allergy tablet which made everything worse, i was covered in huge welts and it drove me mad.
They do ask you at the vaccine clinic about allergies etc but i think they are mostly concerned with serious allergies which require you to carry an epipen.
My daughter is quite apprehensive about going for her vaccine, she really wants the vaccine because she said she never wants to feel that ill again when she had the virus.She has heard different people complain about the side effects and i think it's just the dread of being reminded what the symptoms of the virus felt like even in the mildest of forms..She will be ok.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Wed Mar 17, 2021 1:31 pm

Another you couldn't make it up moment. der lien blaming AZ again for slow vaccine rate. Maybe they should start using the stock they have.

SKY NEWS
11:58
Epidemiological situation 'getting worse' in EU

The EU commission president says the continent's epidemiological situation is "getting worse" and is "worrisome".

Ms von dey Leyen says there is the "crest of a third wave forming in member states" and refers to the increasing numbers of new variants.

11:53

EU hits out at AstraZeneca again

Ms von der Leyen admits the start of the vaccine rollout was "tough" but says that "progress has been made".

She adds that AstraZeneca has "underproduced and underdelivered".

She appears to blame the company once again for delays to the EU's vaccine programme.

11:51

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Wed Mar 17, 2021 1:41 pm

Now she is slagging off the UK, she says they are due doses from the UK.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Wed Mar 17, 2021 1:45 pm

Is this just another of life's amazing coincidences or further evidence of gross criminal neglegence on the part of the pharmaceutical industry:

https://www.lavanguardia.com/local/sevi ... eneca.html

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Wed Mar 17, 2021 2:04 pm

katy wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 1:41 pm Now she is slagging off the UK, she says they are due doses from the UK.
If this is someone who has every intention of using the AZ vaccine then perhaps she should stop messing about and get on with using the doses they already have in stock.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Wed Mar 17, 2021 2:25 pm

Sanidad said this morning

"Sanidad también descarta que aquellas personas con factores de riesgo de trombosis no deben tomar ninguna medida de precaución. "No se ha identificado ningún factor que predisponga o contribuya a desarrollar este acontecimiento adverso", por lo que no aconseja tomar medidas esenciales."

EU says they have 100 million doses ordered from UK AZ and they want it now! Maybe have a deal, let in UK fish and petty actions on ham sandwiches at the border and they can have it :lol:

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Wed Mar 17, 2021 3:01 pm

Sanidad wrote: "Sanidad también descarta que aquellas personas con factores de riesgo de trombosis no deben tomar ninguna medida de precaución. "No se ha identificado ningún factor que predisponga o contribuya a desarrollar este acontecimiento adverso", por lo que no aconseja tomar medidas esenciales."...
I am sure that will be a great comfort to the family of the dead teacher in Marbella

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Wed Mar 17, 2021 3:07 pm

katy wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 1:41 pm Now she is slagging off the UK, she says they are due doses from the UK.
Full story here, they tell it better ha ha.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/index.html

Unicorn
Resident

Postby Unicorn » Wed Mar 17, 2021 3:18 pm

I cannot quite see the connection between fish and meat /dairy products from a third country to the EU and importation of vaccine. It maybe some tiresome attempt at humour, which doesn't really work. Is a similar criticism levelled at NZ and Australia who guard their borders vigourously against similar items? Was this type of policing not flagged up as being a result of Brexit, or did UK expect some sort of free pass, for being Great, or something?
Has the vaccine meat/dairy/agricultural produce in it?

I do not think so.

Some EU countries and, indeed, some non EU countries have suspended AstraZeneca until the thrombosis factor has been investigated. What is so bad about that? If they had not done so, would that have been considered irresponsible? Individual countries have a right to restrict as they wish and can act unilaterally, a fact often denied in pro Brexit propaganda.

And, by the way, what surety do UK have that the government, not always famous for their veracity, are reporting any thrombosis in parallel, citing it as something people get anyway? Correlation does not imply causation, but it can. Only time will tell if it is a MMR/autism type case or not.

Sorry, I should add....haha

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Wed Mar 17, 2021 4:11 pm

According to Telediario, Sanidad is backtracking on its 'por lo que no aconseja tomar medidas esenciales' stance and has promised an investigation but why has it necessitated the death of an otherwise perfectly healthy, comparitively young, teacher to prompt it to do so?

It is probably because the whole country appears to be on the verge of mass hysteria and, possibly, mass rebellion against the vaccination program in general. Perhaps it has reached the point where the deceit and indoctrination will be exposed for what it is.

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Wed Mar 17, 2021 4:20 pm

It seems that Ursula von der Leyen is having a very public breakdown.

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Wed Mar 17, 2021 4:30 pm

UVL, She should be sacked.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Wed Mar 17, 2021 5:04 pm

I think the jury is out on the Marbella woman, was quick for a clot to develop so soon. should be investigated but what usually happens like the covid deaths in the press and stated that they have no underlying conditions then a week or so later revealed they had.

The German Media are angry with the authorities stopping the vaccine. Leydon is becoming a joke in the world press. Amazing that they are bad mouthing a few countries for a vaccine they are not using. First she called Article 16, then stopped shipment to Australia, gave out fake news about UK exporting, now this...coming soon??

Unicorn
Resident

Postby Unicorn » Wed Mar 17, 2021 6:18 pm

I'm not sure who on this site has the medical knowledge to assess what is the average time to develop a blood clot. I certainly do not, but if others have the credentials it would be interesting to know. No-one actually knows yet. It is unwise to pre-empt it. Sad enough she died at all and to rake over it seems rather distasteful.

UK so lucky to have a level headed leader who thinks of others before himself, always does the right thing and, in particularly follows international law to the letter. His compassionate nature is recognised worldwide. He is a true beacon of truth personified. Not seen as an international joke at all.

Who is 'Leydon'?

alpineSi
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby alpineSi » Wed Mar 17, 2021 6:22 pm

Despite what Boris and the Bash Street Cabinet are telling us on TV, this is what the NHS are sending to medical staff:
From the start of the programme, the NHS has successfully had to adjust week-to-week
vaccine delivery in the light of fluctuations in supply. As previously notified, pleasingly this
week and next see significant increases in vaccine supply. However, the
Government's Vaccines Task Force have now notified us that there will be a significant
reduction in weekly supply available from manufacturers beginning in the week
commencing 29 March, meaning volumes for first doses will be significantly
constrained. They now currently predict this will continue for a four-week period, as a
result of reductions in national inbound vaccines supply.
Meaning:
From today, the supply constraint means vaccination centres and community
pharmacy-led local vaccination services should close unfilled bookings from the week commencing
29 March and ensure no further appointments are uploaded to the National Booking
System or Local Booking Systems from 1 to 30 April. More detailed guidance is being
issued directly to providers to support this action.
Inviting patients outside of cohorts 1– 9 is only permissible in exceptional circumstances.
Those aged 49 years or younger should not be offered vaccination unless they are eligible
via a higher cohort because they are e.g., clinically vulnerable, unpaid carer or frontline
health and care workers.
Full letter here: https://www.england.nhs.uk/coronavirus/ ... supply.pdf

olive
Andalucia Guru

Postby olive » Wed Mar 17, 2021 7:08 pm

Lavanda wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 4:20 pm It seems that Ursula von der Leyen is having a very public breakdown.
Agreed. She really is not showing the Brussels lot in a good light. Worse the hated Britain got it right. Latest infection and death rates from Britain look good.

Austria are demanding their fair share , per capita of doses. How can they( Brussels) have have got it so wrong!

olive
Andalucia Guru

Postby olive » Wed Mar 17, 2021 7:16 pm

Plenty of babble about eu and British vaccine passports to get tourism working again.

How will that work if people havent been vaccinated here on the Costa?

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Wed Mar 17, 2021 7:48 pm

Will these vaccine passports be valid with only the first jab? If they wait until the second jab is done, it could take a lot longer.

The vaccines seem to be starting again in Andalucia. An 85 year old friend is having his tomorrow.

Sid