Vaccinations if not on Health System

For tips, tricks and secrets on good health, beauty, fitness and sport join this forum.
Paddy Pumpkin
Resident

Vaccinations if not on Health System

Postby Paddy Pumpkin » Mon Mar 15, 2021 4:39 pm

There is an article in El Pais today (only in the English Version)

https://english.elpais.com/society/2021 ... -says.html

The important bit is
'The Spanish authorities are asking insurance companies to coordinate with regional health services in order to provide vaccines to their customers.'

3 weeks ago I wrote to my health authority on Facebook as I was sick of getting the run around at the health centre. I asked the health authority how do I get on the vaccine queue. The reply (copy below) received today matches up to the El Pais article. So it seems that if you are not entitled to use the Spanish health service you should contact your insurer...especially if you are maybe in a risk group and need to get bumped up the list.

'''si usted tiene seguro privado, su seguro debe ponerse en contacto con la delegación de salud de granada y comunicarle su situación para que puedan añadirlo a los listados'''

Paddy Pumpkin
Resident

Re: Vaccinations if not on Health System

Postby Paddy Pumpkin » Tue Mar 16, 2021 7:38 pm

I would be very interested to know if anyone had any luck down this route.

I am pretty much last on the list for vaccination so can't test it myself.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Tue Mar 16, 2021 8:34 pm

Read a f.b post today that someone was able to registar at nerja urgencias for the vaccine. They only have private healthcare but were given a temp health number and will be called when due. I think someone else tried at torrox and got a funny look so very hit and miss

Paddy Pumpkin
Resident

Postby Paddy Pumpkin » Tue Mar 16, 2021 8:48 pm

I tried the same at my local health centre...got the same as torrox...basically p.f.o.

I am interested to see if anyone got anywhere via their private health insurance as I am too young to even bother trying

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:59 am

Soon to offered privately in Harley Street for £200

Johnandali
Tourist

Postby Johnandali » Sat Mar 20, 2021 3:08 pm

My wife went to the Frigiliana health centre last week to find out what process was - she has Private Healthcare - was told that they will have a process in place by May to include those not on state system in vaccination process.

bbobandannie
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby bbobandannie » Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:54 pm

Hi there, I contacted the Junta de Andalucia last week and have just received an email from them regarding the Covid vaccination for those of us not on the public health system. Basically they have said to go to your local health centre, with passport, nie, address and telephone number and they will register you on the system. I have been told that someone in our area has tried that and been told to return when their age group is being called for and they will be registered then. So basically, wait until you know your age group is being called and then attend your local health centre with your id etc. This website details who is being called at the moment: https://www.sspa.juntadeandalucia.es/se ... qubAFx8qvE

Hope that helps!!

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Fri Mar 26, 2021 5:01 pm

They are doing the last of the 80's now.

Sid

Paddy Pumpkin
Resident

Postby Paddy Pumpkin » Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:04 am

IMG-20210330-WA0007-1.jpg

I am not sure if this is fake so if anyone does contact this number be careful with details. If you do contact them let us know if it was successful especially if you are not registered on the health service.

Unicorn
Resident

Postby Unicorn » Wed Mar 31, 2021 4:09 pm

I'm not sure I am allowed to say this, but there was quite a full discussion on this on TRE Radio 12-1pm today with Stephen Ritson. Many callers in saying how they will get the jab despite being on private healthcare. You can listen on playback.It did appear that is is vital to sign on at the Padron, though.

Free at Last
Resident

Postby Free at Last » Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:36 pm

Paddy Pumpkin wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:04 am IMG-20210330-WA0007-1.jpg

I am not sure if this is fake so if anyone does contact this number be careful with details. If you do contact them let us know if it was successful especially if you are not registered on the health service.
It does seem to be a genuine iniative, and there is advice in this article about which numbers people in other areas of Málaga should ring. I am not sure that people not registered with the public health service will be included yet, though, as it is only for the over 80 age group who have not yet been called to be vaccinated, and I can't imagine there will be many of those who only have private health insurance.

https://www.malagahoy.es/malaga/Telefon ... 45848.html

biribiri
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby biribiri » Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:05 pm

Just come back from our health cent here in Sevilla province and had no trouble at all in being added to the register for our jabs, we were in and out in 5mins.
The lady on the desk only wanted our TIE cards, health insurance cards & mobile numbers, she entered our details and told us we would be contacted when our turn comes round to be vaccinated.

Paddy Pumpkin
Resident

Postby Paddy Pumpkin » Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:38 pm

Can I check- Health Insurance Card

Was that your private health insurance card? So you are not entitled to use the public system?

biribiri
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby biribiri » Wed Apr 07, 2021 4:27 pm

Yes private insurance cards, we are not entitled to free public health cover.
Not sure whether she just needed proof that we would not be requiring any other medical treatment, or they are hoping to claim back the cost of the vaccinations?

Paddy Pumpkin
Resident

Postby Paddy Pumpkin » Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:53 am

Thanks we will give it a try.

In Andalucia they have formalised the process now.

https://www.sspa.juntadeandalucia.es/se ... BqSHkUN6lQ

Basically print this form, fill it out and take it to your health centre with your passport.

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Sat Apr 10, 2021 6:20 pm

This might be interesting for those not registered

https://english.elpais.com/society/2021 ... spain.html

Paddy Pumpkin
Resident

Postby Paddy Pumpkin » Sat Apr 10, 2021 6:47 pm

Paddy Pumpkin wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:53 am Thanks we will give it a try.

In Andalucia they have formalised the process now.

https://www.sspa.juntadeandalucia.es/se ... BqSHkUN6lQ

Basically print this form, fill it out and take it to your health centre with your passport.

I can report success in Andalucia with this form. Friends got registered today and already have jab appointment as their age group is now getting called.

Bring a Padron and your NIE card or TIE. Also they were asked for EHIC.

Although the form says passport it was not accepted. Basically as is always in Spain....bring every piece of paper that you think might be relevant,