Monaco F1

For tips, tricks and secrets on good health, beauty, fitness and sport join this forum.
olive
Andalucia Guru

Monaco F1

Postby olive » Fri May 21, 2021 9:26 am

Does anyone know please if the race and qualifying are going to be on free Spanish TV.? If so what channel and what time. I don’t mind if it is delayed highlights. Probably the qualifying will be the highlight of an otherwise dull race weekend. That and who has the most flexible rear wing!

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Re: Monaco F1

Postby markwilding » Fri May 21, 2021 12:02 pm

It's on DAZN, IT costs 9.99 euros per month but if you just want to watch 1 race, they have a free month offer before you start having to pay, If you sign up for this weekend, you will have the added bonus of all this weekend's EPL matches and the football playoffs.

There are many ways to see it on the big screen including the Fire TV and Samsung TV apps.

As far as I know the reason for showing the last one on a free channel is because there is a legal requirement to show the Spanish GP on free TV

olive
Andalucia Guru

Postby olive » Fri May 21, 2021 2:44 pm

Thanks Mark. I suspected as much.

We are up your neck of the woods at the moment, well sort of ( near Llanes). We brought our Firestick and I have a subscription to DNS so will get the F1 via catch up. The house we rented has 140 meg down fibre and 101 meg up. It is my least favourite race.

Very green and civilised up here. Also seems to rain regularly……

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Fri May 21, 2021 7:27 pm

Yes quite close
Sorry we can’t give you better weather. It’s rather chilly this evening.
At least we can move about the country now.

olive
Andalucia Guru

Postby olive » Mon May 24, 2021 9:38 am

Got to see the race but it was boring. Only one overtake ( schumacher on Mazespin) .

Ludicrous race to still be in the F1 calendar.

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Mon May 24, 2021 10:13 am

Monaco has always been a race for the drivers. I used to race in the Isle of Man TT, and this is very similar - a very challenging course, unforgiving of rider errors, with immense history, but for spectators, who can only see the small section in front of them and with less areas where they are permitted, it is as much about the festival of biking that surrounds the event as it is about the results. Like Monaco it is way beyond its sell-by date but is part of motoring history - like the Trooping of the Colour and State opening of parliament but a bit faster and noisier.
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.