Repeat prescriptions

For tips, tricks and secrets on good health, beauty, fitness and sport join this forum.
Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Repeat prescriptions

Postby Wicksey » Tue Aug 03, 2021 10:27 am

Is there a simple way of getting a repeat prescription renewed at the health centre? I was trying to avoid a Dr's phone appointment as our mobile signal has disappeared again and it's a right pain trying to speak to anyone at the moment.

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Re: Repeat prescriptions

Postby peteroldracer » Tue Aug 03, 2021 10:47 am

Try asking at your regular farmacia first. I have the same situation with restricted access to a medic, but local farmacist rang the doctor, then got the main admin in Cartagena to authorise my diabetes injections that were suspended (probably due to cost). My list, with fresh expiry dates was then available on the Murcia Salud website - equivalent to the Andalucia Salud I assume.
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:54 pm

I'm not sure ours would do that. When I've run out of stuff before they just shrug and tell me to speak to the surgery. I didn't know whether the nurse would be able to action a repeat prescription as I see there's an option to make an appointment to do that on Clicsalud. It does mean a phone call though which is just so difficult for us.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Tue Aug 03, 2021 2:27 pm

If you have a bad mobile signal why don’t you call them on Skype?

Sid

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Tue Aug 03, 2021 3:03 pm

Just go in and ask the receptionist? Tell them you have no phone signal etc.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Tue Aug 03, 2021 5:05 pm

Get a new phone provider?

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Tue Aug 03, 2021 7:56 pm

El Cid wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 2:27 pm If you have a bad mobile signal why don’t you call them on Skype?

Sid
I can call out using an app but they phone me for a Dr's appointment, and that's the problem.
katy wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 5:05 pm Get a new phone provider?
I've got Orange and Movistar SIMs and Movistar is marginally better but still unreliable. We used to have Vodafone but they were also rubbish. We have to stand out on the front of the plot to get a signal and there's nothing in the house. There used to be a transmitter on the coast but after a campaign by the neighbours, it was taken down by order of the council as they claimed it was causing cancer. Since then we've had little or no signal. Anyone visiting the house says the same, and our neighbours all suffer from lack of mobile signal too. No problem in phoning out using a VOIP app so just as well I never usually get any phone calls as everyone else contacts me via Whatsapp.