ClicSalud: registered in health centre but can't login

For tips, tricks and secrets on good health, beauty, fitness and sport join this forum.
elusive
Andalucia Guru

Re: ClicSalud: registered in health centre but can't login

Postby elusive » Sat Aug 28, 2021 8:32 am

kley71 wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 10:16 pm all in all I stayed all my life as far as possible away from public health care and always chose private health care. With COVID I have no choice: I asked the Atlantic Clinic Estepona and the German Clinic Marbella and the OTS Clinica Marbella since half a year desperately: when you will be allowed to vaccine and always receive the same answer: nothing in the pipeline.
The Atlantic Clinic states on their website: with flu also at first only the spanish health system were allowed to vaccinate, later on it was given free to the private sector. But Delta ruined my choice to wait longer.
Did you fill in the form from the junta and register it at you local centre? You shouldnt still be waiting

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Sat Aug 28, 2021 8:42 am

One of our local drs has a reputatuon for not liking the english speaking. People complain that he can speak english but wont. why should he!.Those complaining of course havnt made an attempt to even learn the basics of spanish!

Personally i always get a smile out of him even though hes old and grumpy!and even if i only understand 65% of what hes saying due to his strong accent its not an issue as i get the important stuff and he speaks slowly or writes its down for me.

The nurse speaks abit and always apologies for not speaking more to which i say we are in spain to which he smiles. They have new young nurse who speaks very good english i think she maybe south amercian or has lived in the uk. There is a big pool of bilingual mixed Spanish/british kids or british kids who were born or came to spain very young who speak spanish like a native. Who would do very well working in the health sector.

kley71
Tourist

Postby kley71 » Sat Aug 28, 2021 9:52 am

If SaludResponde now recognizes my account/ID (what means that somehow my registration at the local health centre has finally reached the data base of the Junta de Andalucia), why ClicSalud still writes "no hemos podido identificarle" ???

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Sat Aug 28, 2021 10:34 am

Glad you had good treatment Sid. From friends' experiences here lately I am beginning to wonder as so many seem to be getting dreadful reoccurring infections after surgery that will not clear. A friend has been in Malaga hospital for almost 8 weeks now with constant infections. She was sent home very quickly after a major op only to get ill again and had to return to hospital.

In Velez Malaga hospital I've had mixed experiences. Seen a couple of lovely consultants who did speak some English (I usually try to take an interpreter with me) but have also seen the rudest of people who didn't even want to talk to me. I guess that experience can be repeated the world over. It's pot luck who you get.

Not everyone has a Smartphone and even though I do, I do not have a contract for data on it so cannot use a live translation service on it. I usually prepare beforehand and if necessary write out my problems, although I try to take an interpreter although there's been time her car as broken down for instance and I've had to go it alone. Although my previous GP did speak English, most of my numerous phone appointments were carried out in Spanish. I've yet to speak to my new GP but will presume I shall have to do it all in Spanish when I have an appointment next week.

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Sat Aug 28, 2021 4:25 pm

El Cid wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 11:09 am Try speaking Spanish in your UK health centre and see how far that gets you.
Sid
I just registered as a visitor in my local practice in the UK and gave them my Spanish prescription sheet. On a previous visit they changed my insulin from the Lantus to Tresiba, but I got a frantic call from them saying they could not understand the Spanish - was it cartridges (?) or pens I needed? The pens are “plumas”, and I thought every schoolboy & girl would have learnt “la plume de ma tant” in French!
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

caticenix
Tourist

Postby caticenix » Sat Aug 28, 2021 5:23 pm

kley71 wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 9:52 am If SaludResponde now recognizes my account/ID (what means that somehow my registration at the local health centre has finally reached the data base of the Junta de Andalucia), why ClicSalud still writes "no hemos podido identificarle" ???
Just came here to comment that I'm having a similar problem and unfortunately as far as I am aware the only solution is to speak with someone at a health centre for anything relating to the vaccine. To get your appointments if you haven't already I would recommend going down to the health centre and just presenting your NIE/Residency card and asking for an appointment. That's how I got mine since SaludResponde never let me make the appointment in the app (just didn't work).

I have had both vaccines now and been 'in the system' for several months since supplying a form that they said I had to provide because I'm on private healthcare in order to get on the list for vaccines. So I have a temporary AN number that allows me to access SaludResponde but not clicsalud or the salud andalucia app. I have tried every method to gain access including my digital certificate and cl@ve. Unfortunately you can't get your vaccine certificate on SaludResponde, so the only solution is to go to the health centre and ask them to print it. I even tried sending a request to the Ministry of Health for the whole of Spain and they just said they didn't have my information so couldn't supply the certificate. It rather leaves those of us on private healthcare in a difficult position.

I have been taking Spanish classes for some time now so have a grasp on the basics and will be trying to get my certificate on my own on Monday, however I would recommend that if you are not confident you get a gestor/translator or similar to come with you and speak to them on your behalf. You will likely have to pay unless you happen to have a generous spanish speaking friend but unfortunately it is how it goes in many places here in Spain.

On the issue of people not speaking English - I have generally found that if I try my best to speak Spanish people are polite and cordial and if they do know any English they will try and communicate with me in English once they see I am struggling. I have unfortunately had a handful of encounters with people who were rude to me for not being fluent, but there's not much to be done about it. I just remind myself that I am doing my best and if I know I will have to encounter that person again because they're in some official capacity then I bring someone with me to help the next time. But generally most Spanish people are very nice especially when they see that you are trying your best to integrate. Think about it you wouldn't be rude to someone who was trying to speak English to you just because it was broken English would you!

kley71
Tourist

Postby kley71 » Sat Aug 28, 2021 6:18 pm

What a horrible mess! Typical spain...I would need a translator and at least two more appointments with the local health center for vaccination and access to the results. Well, it was quite an effort for me to show up there one time (I hate public offices), I for sure do not want to go there another time. On Wednesday I was sure that I will be vaccinated within one week. Since then nothing works and my ambitions for vaccination are fading away. I really wanted to be vaccinated. But not for the price of this hassle. I invested since Wednesday many hours in making Salud Andalucia and ClicSalud work, without success. I can imagine how much more time investment I need for the rest. What says the first review of the Salud Responde app on Google: " Shame on how public money is spend on an app like it is created by an 8 year old kid"

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Sat Aug 28, 2021 6:32 pm

caticenix wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 5:23 pmOn the issue of people not speaking English - I have generally found that if I try my best to speak Spanish people are polite and cordial and if they do know any English they will try and communicate with me in English once they see I am struggling. I have unfortunately had a handful of encounters with people who were rude to me for not being fluent, but there's not much to be done about it. I just remind myself that I am doing my best and if I know I will have to encounter that person again because they're in some official capacity then I bring someone with me to help the next time. But generally most Spanish people are very nice especially when they see that you are trying your best to integrate. Think about it you wouldn't be rude to someone who was trying to speak English to you just because it was broken English would you!
Well said. Im my experience the spanish appreciate you trying no matter how bad your verbs are (and my past tense ones certainly are!!) And ones who speak english have no problem speaking to you in english if they see your are struggling which is nice of them and im sure they see it as a chance to practice their english on you. They are very accommodating in all settings but of course you will always get one or two who arent like everywhere

Doesnt matter what country you are in you will always get someone who got out of bed the wrong side and end up having to deal with them. I remember when i first registared my papers at the centro de salud and the women reminded me of a scary head mistress. The first thing she said was you must learn spanish. I was like flipping heck ive only been here less then a week! As long as you are giving it a go thats all you can do. Some people have a nack with languages and find it easy while others need even the basics drilled in to them and then still forget (thats me!) If i had a euro everytime a friend said i thought I'd be fluent by now.. didnt we all!! But you just keep plugging away and sometimes its frustrating when you feel you cant communicate properly but its all about giving it a go

caticenix
Tourist

Postby caticenix » Sat Aug 28, 2021 9:19 pm

kley71 wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 6:18 pm
What a horrible mess! Typical spain...I would need a translator and at least two more appointments with the local health center for vaccination and access to the results. Well, it was quite an effort for me to show up there one time (I hate public offices), I for sure do not want to go there another time. On Wednesday I was sure that I will be vaccinated within one week. Since then nothing works and my ambitions for vaccination are fading away. I really wanted to be vaccinated. But not for the price of this hassle. I invested since Wednesday many hours in making Salud Andalucia and ClicSalud work, without success. I can imagine how much more time investment I need for the rest. What says the first review of the Salud Responde app on Google: " Shame on how public money is spend on an app like it is created by an 8 year old kid"
I understand your frustration, however I would reassure you that really getting the appointments is easy - I asked my gestor to come with me but honestly I could've done it on my own in the end, I only brought him as I was worried about not being on the register because of the private insurance, but in the end he just asked if they could book my vaccination and the nice man at the desk checked my documents and booked it and printed both appointments for me. The only thing I really needed to know was where they were - my local hospital - but I could have used a translator app for that had I not understood it. Obviously I haven't tried to go down there and get my certificate yet but I should imagine it won't be too difficult - and frankly I shall be standing there until they give it to me if they try to refuse, since there's no other way to get it! But from what I've heard that's what others in this position have done with minimal/no problems, so I'm not expecting it to go wrong.

I do get how it can feel though, I had a moment just the other day with it where I got very upset at the system - because I've had so many problems getting everything registered here, but it just is part of moving to a foreign country I think. Of course it would be easier in the UK, because I'm fluent in English and could argue til I was blue in the face with bureaucrats if I needed to, but I can't do that here so it's harder.
elusive wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 6:32 pm Well said. Im my experience the spanish appreciate you trying no matter how bad your verbs are (and my past tense ones certainly are!!) And ones who speak english have no problem speaking to you in english if they see your are struggling which is nice of them and im sure they see it as a chance to practice their english on you. They are very accommodating in all settings but of course you will always get one or two who arent like everywhere

Doesnt matter what country you are in you will always get someone who got out of bed the wrong side and end up having to deal with them. I remember when i first registared my papers at the centro de salud and the women reminded me of a scary head mistress. The first thing she said was you must learn spanish. I was like flipping heck ive only been here less then a week! As long as you are giving it a go thats all you can do. Some people have a nack with languages and find it easy while others need even the basics drilled in to them and then still forget (thats me!) If i had a euro everytime a friend said i thought I'd be fluent by now.. didnt we all!! But you just keep plugging away and sometimes its frustrating when you feel you cant communicate properly but its all about giving it a go
I try to just think of it as I would think of it as an English person if I was back in the UK and it helps a lot with my nerves. I would not be judgemental or rude to someone who was genuinely trying (or anyone, really, but still). I think it only irks the Spanish if you walk into a place with 'tu hables ingles?' as the first thing out of your mouth. They see it as you move here to enjoy the sun but don't try to integrate. I can understand that although I don't personally agree with it.

I had a problem with my local town hall when trying to get my padron sorted. I understood what she was talking about generally but then she shouted something at me I didn't understand and I honestly just blanked completely. I couldn't think of a single word in Spanish and she just kept shouting at me. That was really upsetting. I have found it even harder with the use of masks everywhere because I'm also partially deaf, so not being able to even lip read makes it very difficult to understand a 2nd language. However she was certainly the exception to my experience!

I definitely thought I'd be more fluent after a year+ of lessons lol, however I find it interesting how some things come more naturally to me than my partner. He has no problem with verb conjugation and is very confident even if he gets it wrong, whereas I struggle with conjugation and am nervous, however I'm better at pronouns than he is, because it just makes sense to me. We keep learning twice a week every week and I can tell we are making progress all the time, which is all that matters!

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Sun Aug 29, 2021 10:32 am

You seem to be doing ok. Early days, some can only shout a few words after 10 years :lolno: Have seen a few on this forum who struggle and have been around for a decade.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Sun Aug 29, 2021 10:57 am

I thought that they were doing walk in sessions for vaccines or has that stopped now? My OH (and our neighbour who is still trying to get registered), went to a walk in session a few weeks back in Nerja with no prior appointment needed. It may be worth trying to find out if any are being held as they are still trying to reach their 70% target so are encouraging people to go. They are constantly phoning me to try to get me to go but as we have no phone signal at the house I only pick up their message later. I've yet to speak to anyone to say I don't want it and maybe they would stop hassling me.

I agree that if you try speak Spanish to some people and they see you are struggling then if they can speak English, they will then try to help you out. I find that if I prepare beforehand and write it all out it helps me, but I do struggle more on the phone if they say something unexpected that I do not understand. The rude consultant was just offhand and disinterested, as I had an interpreter with me but he just wasn't interested in my symptoms etc, and my interpreter said he was the rudest she'd seen there. Luckily I saw a much nicer man at my follow-up appointment. I've had friends with the same experience, but I guess that can be the same everywhere. I have seen similar people in the UK and I do wonder why they chose to go into a 'caring profession' when they are so obnoxious.

Caticenix I agree entirely about the masks. I also have hearing difficulties and that is often the case, that I simply cannot hear and understand a word as it's muffled behind their masks. If we speak to a foreigner we speak slowly and clearly using simple phrases, but others just don't want to make allowances.

caticenix
Tourist

Postby caticenix » Sun Aug 29, 2021 7:48 pm

I think they're still doing the walk in sessions actually, we heard of one near us a week or so ago I think. Good point!

Definitely agree about struggling on the phone. I find so often it can be hard to make out the sounds on the phone as half the time the signal is rubbish and the other half of the time the person speaks so fast I just can't pick the words out. Of course the Andalucian accent being as it is doesn't help either, it's like trying to learn English in Aberdeen! I'm sorry to hear you had to deal with a rude consultant. It's as you say these people are present in all countries, in the UK too for sure, it's just bad luck if you happen to encounter someone like that.

I really look forward to when the mask mandate ends and I can lip read again. I have found half the time if I ask someone to speak slower/more clearly because I'm struggling that they will start to do it but then so easily slip back into hyperspeed talking!

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Mon Aug 30, 2021 10:42 am

I'm the same with masks as I need to watch the mouth to help me understand. It's doubly bad as it muffles the speech and you have also lost the lip reading too. I agree entirely about the strong Andaluz dialect too. My hairdresser is from Barcelona and I chat to her for half an hour during my haircut without too many problems as her Spanish is very clear. My problem is lack of practice, which has been covered on here before. Living in the campo and not seeing anyone from day to day. I can go for weeks without talking to anyone other than at the checkout in the supermarket. Then I have to cope on the phone with the Dr next week and have to be prepared for that.

https://www.eldiario.es/andalucia/son-l ... 34430.html
With a bit of Googling you may find a walk in session going on. This was for the other week when there were loads of towns giving the jab without an appointment needed.

kley71
Tourist

Postby kley71 » Mon Aug 30, 2021 5:45 pm

The walk-in's are an interesting idea. Andalucia has many walk-ins from 30 aug to 5 sept, also in Marbella. The text says: "for all inhabitants of Andalucia". Not sure whether they take foreigners without residencia who have their (provisional) AN number only since a week or so. But perhaps the only chance to avoid endless health center visits together with a translator.

caticenix
Tourist

Postby caticenix » Mon Aug 30, 2021 6:31 pm

Quick update on the certificate situation - I simply said to the man "necesito mi certificado de vacuna, el app y sitio web no funciona" he gave me a bit of paper to sign - to prove I had approved getting the certificate I guess - and printed it for me. All told I was in there 5 minutes and didn't have to say anything else or answer any questions. Very easy experience!

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Mon Aug 30, 2021 7:03 pm

When my OH went to the walk-in session they asked for passport which he would never carry, and so he offered to show them his residencia. As he was going through his wallet for it they spotted his health card and said that would do. Our neighbour who went with him had forgotten to take all his paperwork and ID and eventually they accepted something he had on his phone, not sure what, possibly a copy of his driving licence. They seemed to be more interested in some sort of ID. My OH had his certificate OK on Clicsalud which we've printed off. I think our neighbours, who are newly here and trying to get registered at the health centre, still can't access their records online.

kley71
Tourist

Postby kley71 » Thu Sep 02, 2021 8:53 am

Was there at the walk in. When I showed them at the info desk my registration from the health centre, they did take from there the "No de S.S." (AN...) and the NUHSA (same AN... number) and did not look anymore at the passport I had with me (no problem, that the registration was only one week ago). They just asked twice if I have/had COVID. Nearly no people there, everything very well organized, I was vaccinated within 10 minutes. The lady at the info desk did not speak english but the lady who did the vaccine, did speak a bit. Immediadetly got a paper note with the exact date for the second vaccine in 3 weeks.

So far, so good - made everything a very well organized and professional impression.

The only question remaining: how will I prove at airports within the next year my vaccination? It seems that foreigners with a provisional AN-number (and no residencia) have no access to the Salud Andalucia app and the ClicSalud+ website - both are not still not working at me, cannot login. As was stated in this thread, my only chance is to go with a translator after the second vaccination to the local health centre and have the proof of the vaccination printed. I will make my translater ask if there is no chance to have it in digital form but it seems there is none and I will have to live with the paper sheet.

Does somebody have experience of flying and showing the printed certificate on the airport? Do they scan the print at the airport control or do they just look at it?

pensure1988
Resident

Postby pensure1988 » Thu Sep 02, 2021 9:06 am

Hi

A friend of mine also a non-resident managed to register at the Local San Luis de Sabinillas Health Center. She had both her Jabs and made a request at this Health Center for her Vaccination Certificate. Apparently it takes a week and she was told to come in on Friday to collect it. It shows both dates of vaccinations, Type of vaccine and batch number as well.

I can not tell you what happens at the Airport, other Forum users may have had experience in this subject.

Good Luck

David

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Thu Sep 02, 2021 12:17 pm

kley71 wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 8:53 am I will make my translater ask if there is no chance to have it in digital form but it seems there is none and I will have to live with the paper sheet.

Does somebody have experience of flying and showing the printed certificate on the airport? Do they scan the print at the airport control or do they just look at it?
Glad you got sorted out OK. I guess that they would accept the paper copy for those that do not have a smartphone. I have printed off copies for my OH thinking that he may travel at some point this year. Even if we only go to the Canaries they currently need a vaccine certificate or negative test, so hopefully the paper one would do for that.

kley71
Tourist

Postby kley71 » Thu Sep 02, 2021 1:07 pm

Thanks!

I have a smartphone. It is not the lack of a smartphone that hinders me - it is just so that the apps (Salud Andalucia, ClicSalud) do not work for people with my status. Thats why the only access to the vaccination certificate will be a print at the health centre in my case.

But you just gave me an idea: would it be possible with the usual QR-scanners (the ones that we all used or still use in restaurants to read the menu) to scan the printed certificate and then I have my certificate in digital form???