ClicSalud: registered in health centre but can't login

For tips, tricks and secrets on good health, beauty, fitness and sport join this forum.
kley71
Tourist

ClicSalud: registered in health centre but can't login

Postby kley71 » Thu Aug 26, 2021 10:41 am

Went yesterday to the local health center in Marbella to register with the spanish health system for the purpose of receiving a COVID vaccine and got first time an AN-number.

It is a hassle with the apps, isnt it? When I tried to download the Salud Andalucia app, I was told, that this the app is not available in my country (Google playstore was not registered in spain on my device and the playstore gmail-account is connected with a non-spanish address, what seem to cause this problem).

But even more interesting for me is the other option, the ClicSalud website (was also the recommended option by the local health centre clerk) Unfortunately the ClicSalud+ website still tells me (20 hours after registration) that they cannot identify my account ("no hemos podido identicifarle..."). I have checked dozen of times, I typed in everything correct.

Do they need some days to establish a new account before I can access or did login work at somebody immediately the same day upon registration in the health centre?

Thanks very much for your answer, I am desperately trying to make things work, but at the moment nothing works..

biribiri
Andalucia.com Amigo

Re: ClicSalud: registered in health centre but can't login

Postby biribiri » Thu Aug 26, 2021 1:02 pm

Good luck.
I got my temp registration done in Seville back in April in order to receive the jabs.
clic-salud still says "no hemos podido identicifarle" when I put my number in.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Thu Aug 26, 2021 2:32 pm

Ive read about alot of people who weren't normally on the system having trouble downloading their certificate. If it doesnt work ask them to print it off in your drs

kley71
Tourist

Postby kley71 » Thu Aug 26, 2021 2:51 pm

biribiri wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 1:02 pm Good luck.
I got my temp registration done in Seville back in April in order to receive the jabs.
clic-salud still says "no hemos podido identicifarle" when I put my number in.
Ouch! Sounds not so good. Thanks for your answer.

When I searched this forum for "clicsalud" I found many members where seemingly everything worked smooth and they are active users of ClicSalud. How was it in your case? In the case you also registered at a health centre and then tried to access the ClicSalud through "datos personales". Did you have access the same day? Or only after some days or a week or so?

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Thu Aug 26, 2021 4:31 pm

I came quite late to using Clicsalud so I have no idea how quickly I could have accessed my records. I downloaded the Saludresponde app on my phone as well, but it was a few years back so I can't remember how soon after getting my health number that I tried to access it. I now use Clicsalud all the time with my digital signature so that I can access my x-rays, blood test results etc. It seems to be more of a problem for those that are registered purely to get the Covid jab and are not what I would call 'full members' by being registered on the health service through the S1 for example, or by another means.

pensure1988
Resident

Postby pensure1988 » Thu Aug 26, 2021 5:59 pm

I downloaded the Salud Responde App on my Smartphone. Then opened the App inserted my AN Number, Date of Birth as well as NIE Number and in no time I was registered. I can now also use Clicsalud on my Laptop and using my Digital Certificate can access all my personal data on the Spanish National Health Service. I think you need to go to Local Health center and ask for some assistance in getting you set up.

David

casita-bonita
Resident

Postby casita-bonita » Thu Aug 26, 2021 7:32 pm

Just this week i used the Salud Andalucia app to download our covid certificates. Not without problems, but got thete in the end. I don't have either a digital certificate or clave so went for the personsl credentials option. When i tried to input my nhs number it immediately said it was invalid. I know it's not as i previously registeted with salud responde witjout problems. No matter what format i tried, with AN, without AN i got the same result. Same thing with my wife's card.

To cut a long story short ignore the error, fill in the rest of the fields, hit go, and Robert is your Father's Brother... Verification code arrived by sms. Input this code and you can then download your certificate.

Alternatively visit your local health centre and they will print it out for you.
Regards

Bob

kley71
Tourist

Postby kley71 » Fri Aug 27, 2021 8:27 am

pensure1988 wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 5:59 pm I downloaded the Salud Responde App on my Smartphone. Then opened the App inserted my AN Number, Date of Birth as well as NIE Number and in no time I was registered. I can now also use Clicsalud on my Laptop and using my Digital Certificate can access all my personal data on the Spanish National Health Service. I think you need to go to Local Health center and ask for some assistance in getting you set up.

David
Tried Salud Responde App too. But it does not start with something like LOGIN where you can use the data from the health centre, it starts with "REGISTRESE". At the registration I typed in the AN-number, the birth-year, the number of my passport but then I am forced to upload a copy of my passport and always end with the error message "el documento no es un documento valido"...(though there is every data included in the copy, a jpeg file)

Concerning ClicSalud: still do not know, do I have to wait a week (after first time registration in the health centre) until I can access ClicSalud as my account needs to be set up, or is it already now clear that there is something wrong with my ClicSalud?

kley71
Tourist

Postby kley71 » Fri Aug 27, 2021 10:29 am

Holy shi.! After 10 hours of trying everything in all different ways, I finally first time succeeded in a correct login to Salud Responde and my account was recognized. Guess, what is the secret? Though I showed in the Marbella health centre of course my (foreign) passport, login did not work out as I always chose as "tipos de documento" naturally "pasaporte". On my tour of trying everything in all different possibilies (even if it did not make sense) I did then choose "otros" as "tipos de documento" (instead of "pasaporte") and "otros" worked.

Good that spain has a lot of sunshine. If they would rely on the quality of their work or apps, they would still be a country of fisherman villages.

by the way: nobody in the Health Centre Las Albarizas in Marbella speaks English. Yes, I know, this a public office in spain and not a 5 star hotel. But on the other side, hello, this is Marbella. Marbella has even by official numbers 30 or 40 % foreigners, if I add the thousands of foreigners who - for whatever reasons - do not registrate over here, then foreigners are the majority in Marbella. Wouldnt it be possible to have somebody in the Marbella health center who speaks at least 200 words in another language?

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Fri Aug 27, 2021 11:09 am

Try speaking Spanish in your UK health centre and see how far that gets you.

Sid

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Fri Aug 27, 2021 11:13 am

Wouldn't you usually use your NIE/residencia as ID? I never use my passport as ID as I always use my NIE number. I think I must have used the 'extranjero' option or 'tarjeta residente' when registering. I certainly didn't have any problem on the Saludresponde site.

kley71
Tourist

Postby kley71 » Fri Aug 27, 2021 11:41 am

Do there live 60 % foreigners (as in Marbella)? Is it a tourist hot spot on the coast that makes it living from tourism and residents? And english is the world nr. 1 language for communication between inhabitants of different countries, spanish not.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Fri Aug 27, 2021 12:32 pm

In the UK the NHS bends over backwards accommodating countless different 'diverse' languages and providing translators, but most other countries are not the same. I lived in France and also here, and I have found that translation services are not generally provided.

You have to pay for someone to help you out if you cannot cope with getting by in Spanish. As only Dr phone call appointments are available (in Torrox at least) you have to be able to speak some Spanish or arrange for the call to go to an interpreter for you. There are notices in German and English on our Dr's consultation rooms that if you do not speak Spanish then you must bring an interpreter. You cannot presume that just because you live in an area with a lot of foreigners (not necessarily English speakers as there are a lot of South American immigrants here too) that the local Spanish will be able or willing to speak English.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Fri Aug 27, 2021 5:18 pm

El Cid wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 11:09 am Try speaking Spanish in your UK health centre and see how far that gets you.

Sid
My old drs in the uk had a touch screen checkin service in English,polish and spanish. I used to practice on that! I dont think the receptionists would have known more than dos cervezas though :lol: and walking in and saying hola! Would certainly get you a funny look as they are always like a library with everyone looking at the floor. Certainly not like here!

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Fri Aug 27, 2021 5:24 pm

kley71 wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 11:41 am Do there live 60 % foreigners (as in Marbella)? Is it a tourist hot spot on the coast that makes it living from tourism and residents? And english is the world nr. 1 language for communication between inhabitants of different countries, spanish not.
Maybe no one applied for the job who speaks English etc. Generally someone who is bilingual would imo get a head start if its in a area with different nationalities . Our small surgery has 2 receptionists and drs/nurses who speak english but i would never just start speaking to them in english (a waste of my spanish classes for a start). But as per say they end up practicing their english on me But you cant expect people just to speak english when you are not in the uk etc. Its upto you to make the effort

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Fri Aug 27, 2021 5:53 pm

El Cid wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 11:09 am Try speaking Spanish in your UK health centre and see how far that gets you.

Sid
They would get you an Interpreter and pay for it around £80 ph or an instant one on the phone.
I used to go to Las Albarizas with a friend to translate, it's a sh**hole not really safe to leave your car around there.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Fri Aug 27, 2021 6:16 pm

kley71 wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 10:29 am Holy shi.! After 10 hours of trying everything in all different ways, I finally first time succeeded in a correct login to Salud Responde and my account was recognized. Guess, what is the secret? Though I showed in the Marbella health centre of course my (foreign) passport, login did not work out as I always chose as "tipos de documento" naturally "pasaporte". On my tour of trying everything in all different possibilies (even if it did not make sense) I did then choose "otros" as "tipos de documento" (instead of "pasaporte") and "otros" worked.

Good that spain has a lot of sunshine. If they would rely on the quality of their work or apps, they would still be a country of fisherman villages.

by the way: nobody in the Health Centre Las Albarizas in Marbella speaks English. Yes, I know, this a public office in spain and not a 5 star hotel. But on the other side, hello, this is Marbella. Marbella has even by official numbers 30 or 40 % foreigners, if I add the thousands of foreigners who - for whatever reasons - do not registrate over here, then foreigners are the majority in Marbella. Wouldnt it be possible to have somebody in the Marbella health center who speaks at least 200 words in another language?
Perhaps try a different health centre. San Pedro is ok my ex neighbour works there. We lived in Elviria and the small health centre was OK. My GP spoke good English but he didn't like to use it officially incase he made a mistake and would be liable.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Fri Aug 27, 2021 7:45 pm

I had the privilege of spending 8 days last week in the new university hospital in Granada. Not a province renowned for its English speaking skills. In ICU amost all the nurses and all the doctors spoke good English. On the main wards it was no so common as most of the staff are lower level but again 50% of the nurses had enough English and the consultants all had good English.

In my local hospital in Motril, all the consultants speak English. In fact, comparing the private hospitals with the NHS hospitals there is very little difference.

I have to say that apart from the present GP appointment system, the NHS here is superb and far better than what I read about the NHS in the UK.

Sid

kley71
Tourist

Postby kley71 » Fri Aug 27, 2021 10:16 pm

all in all I stayed all my life as far as possible away from public health care and always chose private health care. With COVID I have no choice: I asked the Atlantic Clinic Estepona and the German Clinic Marbella and the OTS Clinica Marbella since half a year desperately: when you will be allowed to vaccine and always receive the same answer: nothing in the pipeline.
The Atlantic Clinic states on their website: with flu also at first only the spanish health system were allowed to vaccinate, later on it was given free to the private sector. But Delta ruined my choice to wait longer.

Unicorn
Resident

Postby Unicorn » Fri Aug 27, 2021 10:18 pm

I would like to comment on the non speaking of English in public health facilities in Spain. My understanding is that many doctors & others are reluctant to speak English, or I suppose any other language, lest they make mistakes. Our local health centre had translators, but the one I know well, and probably the others, had been stood down at the onset of covid, presumably on health risk grounds, particularly as the translator volunteers tended to be on the elderly side as well.

Often the British will use phrases or expressions for illnesses that defy translation or can cause confusion, I am sure we can all think of many examples. Throw in regional accents and the regional varieties of expressions that they bring with them. I help a friend of mine, who is a pharmacist, with English, and there are many words that are the same or similar in English and Spanish but mean different things.

By the way, don't most phones have translation faclities these days?

It is possible that the NHS has more of an obligation to provide language services given the wide range of countries that were previous colonies, whereas Spain's ex-colonies are, in general, Spanish speaking.

Apparenty the TIE application desk here in Estepona had an English speaking policeman to help the British who can't speak any Spanish, but he presumably would not be sacked if he made a error.