Chickenpox

For tips, tricks and secrets on good health, beauty, fitness and sport join this forum.
Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Chickenpox

Postby Pamela1 » Fri Oct 01, 2021 3:16 pm

My grandson who is 6yrs old has chickenpox, in all honesty ive never seen anything like it, there isn't a part of his body or a piece of skin which isn't covered in large welts of spots..Hes been sick, high temp, and just generaly unwell...Today, thank goodness he's a bit better...
My daughter went to her doctor ladies hair appointment & showed her photos of the mess he is in..She said it's the worst case of Chickenpox she has ever seen, she was more shocked when she was told he had the Chickenpox vaccine a few yrs back...The chickenpox vaccine is designed to make cases milder.
I know this is a case in the Uk but some people may find this interesting. :wink:

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Re: Chickenpox

Postby Wicksey » Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:55 pm

So the chicken pox vaccine hasn't helped then? Poor boy sounds a bad case. I had chicken pox, scarlet fever and measles over two Christmases as a child. It's not nice and I still have the scars.

daveboy
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby daveboy » Sat Oct 02, 2021 6:33 am

I had CP when i was 15 and every part of my body was covered. My son got it as a child and had hardly any spots then my daughter caught it from him and was covered head to foot. No rhyme or reason. Feel sorry for your grandson.

fyfin
Resident

Postby fyfin » Sun Oct 02, 2022 7:27 pm

I didn't think children were given a chickenpox vaccine even now. I understood that it was usually considered a good thing to catch it young, I know I did and so did the rest of us (6 kids), we had a bit of a rash bit nothing serious and no lasting scars etc. Just seems a bit odd to me.
A man likes his wife to be just clever enough to appreciate his cleverness, and just stupid enough to admire it

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Sun Oct 02, 2022 9:37 pm

My grandson was diagnosed as having chickenpox a year ago.He also has been vaccinated...He was covered head to toe, a real mess on every part of his body, i had never seen anything like it...I noticed the welts were not filling with liquid and i wasnt convinced it was chicken pox..Another opinion confirmed my doubts but the doc didn't have a clue what it was but it wasn't chicken pox..He was covered for about 4 days then the welts turned a kind of purple colour as they shrunk...It's a mystery..

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Mon Oct 03, 2022 2:35 pm

Pamela1 wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 9:37 pm My grandson was diagnosed as having chickenpox a year ago.He also has been vaccinated...He was covered head to toe, a real mess on every part of his body, i had never seen anything like it...I noticed the welts were not filling with liquid and i wasnt convinced it was chicken pox..Another opinion confirmed my doubts but the doc didn't have a clue what it was but it wasn't chicken pox..He was covered for about 4 days then the welts turned a kind of purple colour as they shrunk...It's a mystery..
Sounds terrible Pamela. I had an horrendous case when I was 16 and i still have scars today, try to let them dry out and not pick them.
My son and daughter both came out in massive welts about 15 years ago and we went to the doctor in Spain and he thought it may be something from the sea or swimming pool. These also lasted under a week but had fluid in them.

firsttango
Andalucia Guru

Postby firsttango » Mon Oct 03, 2022 3:57 pm

Chickenpox vaccination is not part of the NHS childhood vaccination programme.

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Mon Oct 03, 2022 4:25 pm

firsttango wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 3:57 pm Chickenpox vaccination is not part of the NHS childhood vaccination programme.
My grandsons were both vaccinated against chicken pox in Japan.