Lewia Hamilton

For tips, tricks and secrets on good health, beauty, fitness and sport join this forum.
Manchesteral
Resident

Lewia Hamilton

Postby Manchesteral » Sun Nov 14, 2021 7:45 pm

Love him or hate him Lewis Hamilton is nothing short of phenominal, he has gone basically from 10th to 1st in the space of half a race, one day the nasty Dutchman will have to publicly concede that Hamilton is the better driver, he is a true sportsman and has given Verstappen the thrashing he deserves, no doubt he (Verstappen) will be out with the tape measure to check the Mercedes car.

There is no doubt that Verstappen is a talented driver and may, one day, win a championship (if he doesn't kill himself or someone else first) at the moment he is lacking in maturity and integrity, if he can overcome these obstacles he may have a chance, His confidence will have taken a battering today. in the meantime Hamilton is the giant he has to slay !

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Re: Lewia Hamilton

Postby El Cid » Sun Nov 14, 2021 8:29 pm

That was Hamiltons best ever race. 25 places of grid penalties and he wins by 10 seconds.

The next 3 races are going to be so good to watch. My money is on Hamilton to win his 8th title but it is going to be SO close.

Sid

Manchesteral
Resident

Postby Manchesteral » Sun Nov 14, 2021 8:53 pm

Absolutely agree with you, the question is how desperate is Verstappen to win and will his ambition be affected by his ruthlessness, he is a very dangerous driver and, as yet I don't believe he's done his worst !

daveboy
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby daveboy » Sun Nov 14, 2021 10:11 pm

How Verstappen never got a penalty for running LH off the track is amazing. I am not sure what footage the FIA were looking at. That was as blatant as it gets.
The title will be close and i really hope Lewis does it as Max is so dirty and desperate. I wonder why there is no footage of the steering wheel angle? I think the FIA want Red Bull to win the title.

daveboy
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby daveboy » Sun Nov 14, 2021 10:15 pm

I am sure the £5000 fine Lewis has just been given for unbuckling his seat belt on track won’t change his life.

Manchesteral
Resident

Postby Manchesteral » Sun Nov 14, 2021 10:26 pm

I didn't know about that, how petty !

Manchesteral
Resident

Re: Lewia Hamilton/Netflix

Postby Manchesteral » Sun Nov 14, 2021 10:58 pm

Breaking news, apparently Netflix have approached Hamilton to do a documentary about him walking on water, Verstappen has responded by demanding to check the salinity and specific gravity beforehand !

daveboy
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby daveboy » Mon Nov 15, 2021 8:36 am

Manchesteral wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 10:26 pm I didn't know about that, how petty !
And a £20000 fine suspended for same offence. I think the FIA are trying to rattle him.

olive
Andalucia Guru

Postby olive » Mon Nov 15, 2021 10:05 am

Peerless and the best of our generation by a long way.

In he absence of identical cars, you can only look at the performance of team mates. Eg Perez and Bottas. If the latter had been any good he should have won the race for example. It will be interesting to see how Russell squares up on speed and more importantly racecraft next year.

The stewards are going to have to get a grip on Max running drivers off the road rather than leaving space. Maybe they could run UK style speeding offence courses for fair overtaking watching endless videos of leaving space and endless videos of it ending badly. The stewards could attend too.Too much pressure not to decide races by penalties which is understandable.

chrissiehope
Andalucia Guru

Postby chrissiehope » Mon Nov 15, 2021 2:12 pm

Silly point I know, but could you correct the heading.. ;- )
Alexandr for President (Squire for PM !)

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog it's too dark to read (Groucho Marx)

daveboy
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby daveboy » Mon Nov 15, 2021 2:16 pm

is that not an admin job to alter the title once you have posted.

Manchesteral
Resident

Re: Lewis Hamilton

Postby Manchesteral » Mon Nov 15, 2021 3:12 pm

Manchesteral wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 7:45 pm Love him or hate him Lewis Hamilton is nothing short of phenominal, he has gone basically from 10th to 1st in the space of half a race, one day the nasty Dutchman will have to publicly concede that Hamilton is the better driver, he is a true sportsman and has given Verstappen the thrashing he deserves, no doubt he (Verstappen) will be out with the tape measure to check the Mercedes car.

There is no doubt that Verstappen is a talented driver and may, one day, win a championship (if he doesn't kill himself or someone else first) at the moment he is lacking in maturity and integrity, if he can overcome these obstacles he may have a chance, His confidence will have taken a battering today. in the meantime Hamilton is the giant he has to slay !

Manchesteral
Resident

Postby Manchesteral » Mon Nov 15, 2021 3:15 pm

chrissiehope wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 2:12 pm Silly point I know, but could you correct the heading.. ;- )

Sorry, don't know how to do that, I am completely devoid of technical ability, I think everyone is aware that it's a typo !!

daveboy
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby daveboy » Mon Nov 15, 2021 3:40 pm

To be honest I didn’t even notice the typo. I think your eyes see what they want to see.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Mon Nov 15, 2021 5:00 pm

I could change it but it means correcting every post and I have better things to spend my time on! I didn’t spot it until someone brought it up.

Sid

ashtondav
Resident

Postby ashtondav » Wed Nov 17, 2021 7:35 pm

i do remember the daft little devil as a youngster saying he'll "stay in Stevenage". Hmmm. until the first £20M rolled in in and a pussycat doll dug her talons in. Then off like a rat in a sewer to Monaco where they have an endless range of tasteless fashion that appeal to him and his accolytes.

Not jealous you understand :lol:

Manchesteral
Resident

Postby Manchesteral » Wed Nov 17, 2021 7:53 pm

Understand completely, I would never want to live in Monaco, Cap Ferrat maybe :lolno:

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Wed Nov 17, 2021 9:47 pm

He doesn’t live there, it’s just where he is tax resident. Big difference. Coulthard and co do actually live there. I think DC owns a couple of hotels.

Incidentally Lewis pays a load of tax in the UK as he races there and visits the UK Mercedes base. Note, income earned in the UK is subject to UK tax irrespective of where you are tax resident.

Sid

daveboy
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby daveboy » Thu Nov 18, 2021 7:54 am

His 1st tax haven was Switzerland then a few years later Monaco