Spanish National Health Urine & Blood Tests

For tips, tricks and secrets on good health, beauty, fitness and sport join this forum.
pensure1988
Resident

Spanish National Health Urine & Blood Tests

Postby pensure1988 » Tue Nov 30, 2021 11:13 pm

I am a bit confused on when to book an appointment with my Doctor to discuss the Results. How do you know on what date to make this appointment. Do you have to wait until you see the Results in your Profile Page on your PC ClicSalud or Salud Responde phone app before making this booking. Please can someone in the know help me here.

Thank You

David

Lyric
Andalucia Guru

Re: Spanish National Health Urine & Blood Tests

Postby Lyric » Wed Dec 01, 2021 12:17 am

I wait for clicsalud, here the results take five working days but my last three weeks ago took seven.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Wed Dec 01, 2021 10:10 am

In the recent past I have asked my Dr for my blood tests during a phone consultation and then called into the clinic to pick up the paperwork and make the appointment with the nurse. The receptionist will then also make me an appointment a week later for the results. In pre-covid days the receptionist at our clinic would automatically make the appointment for the results with the Dr a week following the blood tests, but it was all done face to face then. Not sure if the Dr will want to see me to give me the results or not next time.

Free at Last
Resident

Postby Free at Last » Wed Dec 01, 2021 10:53 am

Having used private health insurance for most of my healthcare needs until this year, I'm not totally au fait with how things work in the public system yet. I always had annual blood tests requested by either a gynaecologist or cardiologist in the private sector. Is it up to me to ask my GP for blood tests, and is it normal for these to be done annually? I had a Ca125 blood test requested by a gynaecologist at the Hospital Comarcal de la Axarquia earlier this year as part of cancer follow-up checks, but that's all.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Wed Dec 01, 2021 5:24 pm

I have an underactive thyroid which is usually checked every 6 months, along with cholesterol and all the other usual stuff. I used to see the Dr to request the blood tests but it is just as easy now to have a phone appointment and request them, unless there's anything else I want done. So I just ask the Dr and then he gives me the paper with all the details on and I make an appointment at the clinic. I take the paper along to the blood test appointment so they know what they are doing.