Colonic irrigation

For tips, tricks and secrets on good health, beauty, fitness and sport join this forum.
spanishgypsy
Andalucia.com Amigo

Colonic irrigation

Postby spanishgypsy » Thu Oct 20, 2005 6:08 pm

Hola, buenas tardes! Just happened to come on this site when surfing the net for a treatment for bloating! Colonic irrigation is highly recommended, but does anyone know of a good clinic here to perform such a beautiful procedure?! :oops: I think there are a few in Marbella? Muchas gracias. SG

spanishgypsy
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby spanishgypsy » Fri Oct 21, 2005 8:04 am

Well, the practice goes back thousands of years. It was widely practiced by the Eygytians way back then and apparently boasts so many health benefits. I think it all depends on your thinking. I am a great believer in alternative medicine, so I think its worth a shot. Of course, it is something which could be debated for years.....ie, whether its right, or wrong, but it cant be bad removing all that debris which has accumulated in the colon for so many years? :twisted:

Bandy
Resident

Postby Bandy » Fri Oct 28, 2005 2:32 pm

:lol: you obviously haven't discovered kleen prep yet...................i hope you never have the need to.

spanishgypsy
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby spanishgypsy » Fri Oct 28, 2005 4:03 pm

Hey, what is 'kleen prep'? Something equally as nice I sense?! :(

frank
Andalucia Guru

Postby frank » Sun Apr 16, 2006 2:50 pm

Alpujarra wrote:
PS you will know when you are in the Alpujarras, the goats have a kind of nervous look about them.
With all the hippie types there, they have good reason to!
Regards, Frank

No soy residente, simplemente un turista, ¿qué sé yo?

frank
Andalucia Guru

Postby frank » Sun Apr 16, 2006 2:53 pm

spanishgypsy wrote:Hey, what is 'kleen prep'? Something equally as nice I sense?! :(
You don't want to know! I'm addicted to it now! It's basically what you take to prepare the bowel for inspection, or surgery. ie, empty it! Take it at night, and spend the rest of the night on the loo!
Regards, Frank

No soy residente, simplemente un turista, ¿qué sé yo?

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Sun Apr 16, 2006 4:20 pm

The equivalent here is called Bohm evacuante. You have to take about 8 sachets with 2 litres of water, one satchet every 20 mins. Never had it but husband says the name is apt.

If you need any strange medical procedure, just contact the marbella clinics, they will do anything for a price, even inject you with cells from a goat to keep oneself young!! just makes you long for the NHS. Visit a private doctor here and you're never sure if its a common cold or to believe them and spend a couple of thousand euros just incase its some obscure rare disease which they can "treat" for a few more hundred euros a month.